PDA

View Full Version : setanta cup game v cork feb 22nd postponed

prodsc
16/02/2010, 8:03 PM
http://www.loi.ie/index.php/about/press-office/1409-setanta-fixture-postponed

Tuesday, 16 February 2010 19:35

The Setanta Sports Cup Organising Committee today announced that the fixture between Sligo Rovers and Cork City, originally scheduled for February 22nd, has been postponed following the decision of the Independent Club Licensing Committee to defer its decision on Cork City until after the High Court case comes in for mention on Monday, February 22nd.

DonalE
16/02/2010, 8:42 PM
Oh those crazy guys at The Setanta Sports Cup organising committee :mad:

sheao
16/02/2010, 10:24 PM
The game might aswell be awarded a walkover to ye now .

red arrow
16/02/2010, 10:37 PM
i am carrying this news through from another thread and leaving it open to discussion because now that this game is postponed so that cork can be eventually accommodated we need to focus on our home game against clifftonville on sat 28th. this game is of vital importance to the club. firstly if we win we have a great chance of making the semi finals of the setanta cup but equally important we need now more than ever to SELL THIS GAME BIG TIME. we need a huge response to the E20 TICKET so anybody out there who has got some to sell will you please do your utmost to move them. we need a good start to the season both financially and result wise. if we can hit the ground running and go all the way to the final of the setanta cup it would give a huge boost to the club both financially and instil confidence in the team. so lads please do your utmost to help sell the tickets. a BIG EFFORT in the short term IN HELPING TO SELL THE TICKETS could be the catalyst to a successful season. at the end of the day we can all have great idea's about this & that but it all comes down to finance. i don't want to sound as if i'm preaching but i will be very dissapointed personally if those who got the tickets at the "open forum " & the A.G.M don't sell them all. we have a good base line to start from this season (a near clean sheet financially) but this will mean nothing unless we carry the momentum from last season into tomorrow and that means getting money in through the sale of the e20 ticket. so lads go for it!

sligored
16/02/2010, 10:38 PM
The game might aswell be awarded a walkover to ye now .

would nearly mortgage my house on cork winning this game in due course... postpone it until cork fudge everything and end up with a half decent team instead of the shambles that is now.

avvenalaf
17/02/2010, 12:06 AM
would nearly mortgage my house on cork winning this game in due course... postpone it until cork fudge everything and end up with a half decent team instead of the shambles that is now.

Yeah, but where would you get a mortgage?

LondonRover
17/02/2010, 7:41 AM
Surely this game should be awarded to Rovers - two postponements which we are entirely unconnected to or to blame for. This is a disgrace.

Mayo Red
17/02/2010, 5:31 PM
Or we could always try pulling what Linfield did to Derry and refuse to play Cork now in the competition at all. Of course, some chance of getting away with that one, sure we're not Cork after all!!:rolleyes:

LondonRover
17/02/2010, 7:51 PM
Or Linfield! ;-)