PDA

View Full Version : Things you'd like to see in LOI grounds

Pages : [1] 2

peadar1987
16/02/2010, 11:15 AM
From the ridiculous to the sublime:

Seriously:

Barbecues: Nothing like a barbecue on a summer evening. Attendances would be up due to the punters following the smell of beef
Toilets: Nice ones!
Roofs: Waterproof ones!
A bar: Plastic cups and cans to go with your Carlisle burger. And make extra revenue
Scoreboards: Don't have to be too elaborate, but something showing the time, the teams and the scorers wouldn't go amiss. If the hockey pitch at UCD can have one, why not an LOI ground?!

A bit more "out there":

Monkey knife fights: Had to get it out of the way! The monkey union would never allow it though
Cheerstrippers: Very disappointed I didn't get to see Bohemians' ones at the game this year. 3 points were a nice consolation though!

tiktok
16/02/2010, 11:22 AM
Things I'd like to see?
I'd like to see a game of football without having to worry that the club I'm cheering on will be around for the game the following week.

razor
16/02/2010, 11:29 AM
nice picnic blankets
sandwiches with no crusts
Daily Star representation
Beer

dcfcsteve
16/02/2010, 11:34 AM
Supporters.

Supporters would be nice.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Schumi
16/02/2010, 11:35 AM
Barbecues: Nothing like a barbecue on a summer evening. Attendances would be up due to the punters following the smell of beef

Rovers had one last year, great idea.

Cuyahoga
16/02/2010, 11:42 AM
More Women at L.O.I grounds,there is a distinct lack of females attending matches.If you go acrross the water to a game you notice the ratio of women to men is much higher!

Flanno7hi
16/02/2010, 12:13 PM
I'd like to be there but i'm working in england now (damn recession).

More supporters.
More families.

Scoreboards is a good one too.

Bluebeard
16/02/2010, 12:27 PM
Champions League Quarter and Semi Finals.

Scram
16/02/2010, 12:34 PM
An attendance!!

Mr A
16/02/2010, 12:35 PM
It'd be nice to have a few weekends of the season designated as 'family days' and encourage each club to have barbecues, bouncy castles, price promotions and whatever else to get people to bring their kids along. Also, play the games just that week on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. If done right it could bring in a few new people and enhance the image of the league in the various communities.

Jofspring
16/02/2010, 12:36 PM
Rovers had one last year, great idea.

Limerick have had a few bbq's with promotions of match program, beer and hotdog for €5.

Onefootednopace
16/02/2010, 12:49 PM
More supporters, especially families.

Flanno7hi
16/02/2010, 4:22 PM
Champions League Quarter and Semi Finals.

I guess the game would be moved to Lansdowne though.

Lamper.sffc
16/02/2010, 5:32 PM
It'd be nice to have a few weekends of the season designated as 'family days' and encourage each club to have barbecues, bouncy castles, price promotions and whatever else to get people to bring their kids along. Also, play the games just that week on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon. If done right it could bring in a few new people and enhance the image of the league in the various communities.

We did one last year and it was a great success. I know we got well over a thousand for the game itself. (I think it was Longford we played). Definately worth it and I hope we do more in the future.

Dillonman
16/02/2010, 5:47 PM
Hotdogs...Mon Dog style!! Cheers Magicme, looking forward to getting one or two next Friday night!!

Dodge
16/02/2010, 5:55 PM
Beer
Places to gamble
Another vote for strippers and monkey fights

Can't understnad the need for scoreboards. Can't be that hard to remeber goals is it?
Likewise I can't advocate more women. If they're all hot and young(ish), grand. if they're old and moany, they can stay away..

Limerick's BBQ last year for the Pats game smelled terrific. I know they've been doing them for a while too

GGAJD
16/02/2010, 5:56 PM
Facilities are a must, how can the league progress when clubs continue to let grounds fall to sh*t, Oriel and United parks are a fookin disgrace for the away supporter and home alike I'd imagine. I'd also like to see a bull dozer being taken to the connaught street "stand", it's only a matter of time before someone gets seriously hurt in that pre-historic cess pit.
The bar-b-q idea is a good one, as was said in Tallaght last year there was a bloke there with a huge grill cooking away, although the smoke from it practically covered the pitch at times. He did more buisness than the burger stalls.

jebus
16/02/2010, 5:58 PM
I'd like to see one of those kids teams that come on during half time score a friggin' goal every now and again
Seriously every game ends 0-0 so 'they're all winners' I suppose
Shower of no talent losers

fionnsci
16/02/2010, 6:01 PM
1) The match! - Floodlights and roofs that don't obstruct your view.
2) Scoreboard with a timer (sick of guessing how long is left)
3) Family sections - Mascot, goody bags, meet the injured players etc.

Schumi
16/02/2010, 6:06 PM
I'd like to see one of those kids teams that come on during half time score a friggin' goal every now and again
Seriously every game ends 0-0 so 'they're all winners' I suppose
Shower of no talent losers
Make them play with full size goals.

peadar1987
16/02/2010, 6:08 PM
I was thinking more of a scoreboard that could show you the teams, names and numbers, like the yoke that tells you the next station on the DART, just an array of LEDs with text scrolling across. It just makes it a lot more attractive for new supporters, knowing who all the players are!

mick dundee
16/02/2010, 6:12 PM
scoreboard is a good idea galway had one last year if i rember correctley, the bbq at tallaght was nice last year. but i would really like to see a covered area for both home and away supporters, and also game to a game where all supporters get on with eack other and there is no trouble and no need for segeration

Scrufil
16/02/2010, 6:28 PM
Get yourself a little workman's hut put it in a dark sheltered corner. Hang a big white sheet in front of it. Get your computer, set up all the facts and figures and set the view to reverse. Project this onto the back of the sheet. HEY PRESTO! Instant scoreboard.

Paddyfield
16/02/2010, 8:06 PM
Terryland has an electronic scoreboard that also lists out the teams, minutes remaining etc

Magicme
16/02/2010, 8:32 PM
Seriously:

Barbecues: Nothing like a barbecue on a summer evening. Attendances would be up due to the punters following the smell of beef We have done a few before and you are right the burgers fly out of the place
Toilets: Nice ones! ours are!
Roofs: Waterproof ones! think ours is
A bar: Plastic cups and cans to go with your Carlisle burger. And make extra revenue we sell beer & spirits & wine etc but due to FAI regulations we can no longer give plastic glasses or allow drinks outta the bar
Scoreboards: Don't have to be too elaborate, but something showing the time, the teams and the scorers wouldn't go amiss. If the hockey pitch at UCD can have one, why not an LOI ground?! We had one of the LED ones you mention in your last post but it was useless so we now have a more simple one but no clock am afraid

I was thinking more of a scoreboard that could show you the teams, names and numbers, like the yoke that tells you the next station on the DART, just an array of LEDs with text scrolling across. It just makes it a lot more attractive for new supporters, knowing who all the players are!

Supporters.

Supporters would be nice.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I hear ya!!

We planned a family day about 4 times last season and had to cancel them all due to rain. Feckin summer football.

Things like family sections and family rooms are being looked at by a lot of clubs at the moment and I wouldnt be surprised to see them come about by summer. At Halloween 2 years ago we had a game against Longford Town and had a kids party with free goody bags, diluted orange and a fancy dress party with a prize for best costume. It worked quite well and definately something similar will be run again soon. Costs next to nothing to have an area in the club house with a few sweets and drinks for kids at half time but helps bribe them a little!!

Keep the ideas coming people as the League are working on making the match day experience more user friendly and any feedback or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Dillonman, make sure you get your mondog early as they nearly always sell out when your lot come to town!

Bluebeard
16/02/2010, 9:44 PM
I guess the game would be moved to Lansdowne though.

No, part of it is that the LOI ground would be suitable to host it.

And have a running track and be on the Cork Road too, needless to say...

Celdrog
16/02/2010, 10:04 PM
All the barstoolers in your locality would do me nicely.

Sean South
16/02/2010, 10:23 PM
I'd love to see plastic soulless stadiums where day tripping fans sit in silence with their 2.4 children, read their program, munching on snacks, spend the entire game taking photos with their camera phones of over hyped and over paid pansies. I'd also like to see more corporate boxes where the real fans can enjoy the a fine glass of wine while having heated seats and having a 60 inch HD 3D TV to see the action replays.

Celdrog
16/02/2010, 11:10 PM
I'd love to see plastic soulless stadiums where day tripping fans sit in silence with their 2.4 children, read their program, munching on snacks, spend the entire game taking photos with their camera phones of over hyped and over paid pansies. I'd also like to see more corporate boxes where the real fans can enjoy the a fine glass of wine while having heated seats and having a 60 inch HD 3D TV to see the action replays.Bugger off to Croke park then:D:D:D

peadar1987
16/02/2010, 11:12 PM
I'd love to see plastic soulless stadiums where day tripping fans sit in silence with their 2.4 children, read their program, munching on snacks, spend the entire game taking photos with their camera phones of over hyped and over paid pansies. I'd also like to see more corporate boxes where the real fans can enjoy the a fine glass of wine while having heated seats and having a 60 inch HD 3D TV to see the action replays.

More cynicism! ;)

thischarmingman
16/02/2010, 11:32 PM
http://www.theemptyroom.com/Share/ISeeWhatYouDidThere.jpg

L.T.F.C.
16/02/2010, 11:40 PM
From the ridiculous to the sublime:

Seriously:

Toilets: Nice ones!
Roofs: Waterproof ones!
A bar: Plastic cups and cans to go with your Carlisle burger. And make extra revenue
Scoreboards: Don't have to be too elaborate, but something showing the time, the teams and the scorers wouldn't go amiss. If the hockey pitch at UCD can have one, why not an LOI ground!

UCD hockey pitch is the national pitch for hockey.
We have a scoreboard.
Cans? Of drink?

Dunny
16/02/2010, 11:49 PM
Scoreboard? Pfft. It aint hard to keep time and scores like....

Dodge
16/02/2010, 11:57 PM
Scoreboard? Pfft. It aint hard to keep time and scores like....

Yeah, and you don't need one for sending offs this year either

Luckily. Galway have one. Brillian tplanning by Leeson again

DmanDmythDledge
17/02/2010, 12:49 AM
Mad Tom

sheao
17/02/2010, 12:27 PM
Cork City FORAS co-op .

Candystripe
17/02/2010, 2:58 PM
A lot of talk about scoreboards on this thread.

Derry City are having a video scoreboard installed and have teamed up with a company which will be able to show highlites of the game at half-time with sponsors buying time advertising on it.

It should be in place within the next two months.

It will be a 4m x 3m in size and be where the current scoreboard is ATM.

SkStu
17/02/2010, 3:05 PM
of all the things in the whole world that people could pick to have in the LOI grounds and only one picks a stripper while about 20 pick scoreboards....

Geek central!

Candystripe
17/02/2010, 3:19 PM
TBF Skstu, not all grounds have the cheerleader/strippers you's are lucky enough to have in Dalymount. ;)

RonnieB
17/02/2010, 3:21 PM
Sheep grazing the pitch before a game.

Mr A
17/02/2010, 3:37 PM
Sharks with laser beams on their heads.

tippex
17/02/2010, 3:39 PM
an attendance where you cannot accurately count the entire crowd in the first 5 mins of the game
Or
An attendance where the gardai/stewards/order of malta do not outnumber the fans

Bluebeard
17/02/2010, 3:52 PM
of all the things in the whole world that people could pick to have in the LOI grounds and only one picks a stripper while about 20 pick scoreboards....

Geek central!

We had a stripper installed last season.

I think most clubs have them as part of licensing at this stage. That's where Coughlan went wrong. He mis-heard, and got an asset stripper instead.

Dundalkjames
17/02/2010, 4:13 PM
an attendance where you cannot accurately count the entire crowd in the first 5 mins of the game
Or
An attendance where the gardai/stewards/order of malta do not outnumber the fans

That only happens at the Carlisle Grounds

Martinho II
17/02/2010, 4:13 PM
Sheep grazing the pitch before a game.

cattle grazing in the hills before the game .. does it remind you of somewere in particular? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Martinho II
17/02/2010, 4:14 PM
:p
We had a stripper installed last season.

I think most clubs have them as part of licensing at this stage. That's where Coughlan went wrong. He mis-heard, and got an asset stripper instead.

I like it Bluebeard like it!!

Magicme
17/02/2010, 4:31 PM
cattle grazing in the hills before the game .. does it remind you of somewere in particular? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Home Sweet Gortakeegan Home.

Bluebeard, classic!

peadar1987
17/02/2010, 5:32 PM
That only happens at the Carlisle Grounds

You're being a bit harsh there. I'm sure other clubs apart from Bray have the occasional attendance where you can't accurately count the entire crowd in the first five minutes!

tippex
17/02/2010, 6:38 PM
it wasnt difficult last night bohs had 18 fans on the dart side of the carlisle last night (6 gardai were there also) BTW it was ROO who counted them ;)

sheao
17/02/2010, 10:43 PM
The score angels should come to LOI games more often.