PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Licences

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Buile Shuibhne
13/02/2010, 6:10 PM
All clubs (except maybe Cork this time around?) are told informally 5 days before the official announcement, how they have fared licence wise.

Shels have been awarded a Premier Div licence (as they were last year).

Any others hear how their club got on?

The Lep
13/02/2010, 7:17 PM
Premier

Longfordian
14/02/2010, 10:38 AM
I know we applied for a Premier and I didn't hear of any problems regarding it in the last few days anyway so I would think we'll get a Premier one.

Dillonman
14/02/2010, 11:45 AM
Only stumblign block for us is the pitch been subjected to the bouncy ball test!

Sam_Heggy
14/02/2010, 12:23 PM
First Div licence, only just afaik.

Martinho II
14/02/2010, 6:02 PM
I know we applied for a Premier and I didn't hear of any problems regarding it in the last few days anyway so I would think we'll get a Premier one.
heard that on the grapevine last night too.. we have appointed a new cpo which is great news..:)

Longfordian
14/02/2010, 6:29 PM
I'm sure he's delighted with his new role alright!. Very well paid position.

Keen2win
14/02/2010, 7:03 PM
Who is it?

Longfordian
14/02/2010, 7:44 PM
Don't know if it's officially confirmed but he's on the committee already and posts on here from time to time. A Section O alumnus!.

The Lilywhites
14/02/2010, 8:12 PM
What time are the licences due to be announced tomorrow?

OneForTheFuture
14/02/2010, 8:14 PM

Whenever Cork are ready!

Mr A
14/02/2010, 8:16 PM
Heard there was an article on licensing on the Mail today.. can anybody post a scan or link (did google but couldn't find it).

mick dundee
15/02/2010, 9:08 AM

the committe meet at 1pm so some time after that

danthesaint
15/02/2010, 11:36 AM
how do fingal get one? they didnt get one last year did they?

pineapple stu
15/02/2010, 12:00 PM
No; pitch too short. They've plans to build that new ground though; that's usually good enough.

tippex
15/02/2010, 12:00 PM
Out of interest does anyone know for definate the ground cork have listed on their application?

danthesaint
15/02/2010, 12:18 PM
No; pitch too short. They've plans to build that new ground though; that's usually good enough.

haha, so they will give them a license based on plans.......hmmmmmm
will the pitch be longer this year

kid creole
15/02/2010, 12:22 PM
Thewy take alot of hard work so congrats to every club that got one fair and square.

mick dundee
15/02/2010, 12:22 PM
haha, so they will give them a licence based on plans.......hmmmmmm

didint drogheda get their lisence based on their plans for a new ground last year

Sam_Heggy
15/02/2010, 12:24 PM
haha, so they will give them a license based on plans.......hmmmmmm

That's generally the idea, it's how we have been able to obtain a Premier Licence in the past (although our ground is actually going ahead), same with Drogheda.

danthesaint
15/02/2010, 12:24 PM
didint drogheda get their lisence based on their plans for a new ground last year

that is shocking........... the league is a jokeshop, whats the point in licensing then.......

maybe if they deny a club its license, they the clubs will get their finger out of there hole and try improve grounds etc....

pineapple stu
15/02/2010, 12:25 PM
I think our licence is dependent on the plans we have to extend the roof over the full length of the stand (we only have 1500 seats at the moment, not 1500 covered seats)

I suppose it's hard, but there should be a distinction between realistic, moving plans and paper drawings.

Longfordian
15/02/2010, 12:26 PM
Out of interest does anyone know for definate the ground cork have listed on their application?

Probably Wembley Stadium knowing Tom.

chatterbox
15/02/2010, 12:37 PM
that is shocking........... the league is a jokeshop, whats the point in licensing then.......

maybe if they deny a club its license, they the clubs will get their finger out of there hole and try improve grounds etc....

FAI own our ground so unless they feel like improving it......

Is there really any way that the FAI could justify giving Cork a license? Didn't the MFA stop Coughlan from putting down Turners Cross, and he subsequently changed it to St. Colman's Park in Cobh? I saw an article that claimed they would get an extension of some sort which seems far more likely.

danthesaint
15/02/2010, 12:42 PM
FAI own our ground so unless they feel like improving it......

Is there really any way that the FAI could justify giving Cork a license? Didn't the MFA stop Coughlan from putting down Turners Cross, and he subsequently changed it to St. Colman's Park in Cobh? I saw an article that claimed they would get an extension of some sort which seems far more likely.

by our ground, i take it your on about cork??

the FAI can hardly deny a license because a ground that they own is not premier division standard......

Dunny
15/02/2010, 12:45 PM
by our ground, i take it your on about cork??

the FAI can hardly deny a license because a ground that they own is not premier division standard......

I think he is on about United Park.

The MFA own Turners x

Martinho II
15/02/2010, 4:32 PM
with the adjournment today in the high court does that mean that the results of the licences are delayed by a week too??

Doomofman
15/02/2010, 4:33 PM
with the adjournment today in the high court does that mean that the results of the licences are delayed by a week too??

Shouldn't be... Don't see why other clubs should have to wait because Cork are a joke...

Longfordian
15/02/2010, 4:34 PM
No. The only team it could impact is Cork, everyone else should be told tonight. But then again who knows what's going on these days.

Martinho II
15/02/2010, 4:37 PM
No. The only team it could impact is Cork, everyone else should be told tonight. But then again who knows what's going on these days.

grand longfordian as soon as you hear word can you text me please as I wont be online tonight at all.. cheers!

tippex
15/02/2010, 4:44 PM
so has there been any club officially told yet? I assume they go alphabetically.

Magicme
15/02/2010, 4:54 PM
How come each year it feels like waiting for the Leaving Cert results all over again?

rambler14
15/02/2010, 4:57 PM
If cork get a licence it will be the biggest farce in LOI history. Ramblers went from Premier licence to A licence last year for not even half of what Cork City got up to!

centre mid
15/02/2010, 5:01 PM
Cork cant and wont get a licence, its ridiculous that every other club has to wait for this to be sorted out before getting their fixture list. Its particularly hard on Bray as we are massivley handicapped by being in limbo. If its a case that its a fudge then they should have fudge ages ago as this is making the league look even more ridiculous to the general public.

Longfordian
15/02/2010, 5:02 PM
The latest rumour on ccfcforum is that the FAI are thinking about finally growing a pair and announcing the Licences shortly with no more waiting for No Bobs FC. However I'll believe it when I see it.

SMorgan
15/02/2010, 5:07 PM

What's more they are getting a licence this season based on a planning application for a saparate development, which like the last season's, will never get built. I don't think they even submitted plans with the planning application that they are now using to get a Premier Licence. Cork are not the only offenders here.

Celdrog
15/02/2010, 5:18 PM
What's more they are getting a licence this season based on a planning application for a saparate development, which like the last season's, will never get built. I don't think they even submitted plans with the planning application that they are now using to get a Premier Licence. Cork are not the only offenders here.
Its not up to us - its up to the FAI, its their planning application. Granted permission here (http://www.louthcoco.ie/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=09144&LASiteID=2)

So if you have a problem, please direct it to a Mr J Delaney, Abbotstown, not Drogheda United.

The away section in Oriel does not meet licensing criteria either.

Doomofman
15/02/2010, 5:24 PM
I have a feeling that the license decisions weren't announced til the following day last season

DmanDmythDledge
15/02/2010, 5:27 PM
I have a feeling that the license decisions weren't announced til the following day last season
They weren't.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2009/0216/1224241266820.html

Doomofman
15/02/2010, 5:29 PM
You're right.. We announced ours just before that... So they're late today.. or later at least

CSFShels
15/02/2010, 5:29 PM
They weren't.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sports/soccer/2009/0216/1224241266820.html
Em that was the same day.

DmanDmythDledge
15/02/2010, 5:30 PM
Em that was the same day.
No, the announcement was due on that date last season.

CSFShels
15/02/2010, 5:31 PM
So you're claiming the licencing meetings took place on a Sunday?

Doomofman
15/02/2010, 5:32 PM
No... It took place on a monday and was announced during the afternoon of that monday.. but today they haven't been

CSFShels
15/02/2010, 5:33 PM
No... It took place on a monday and was announced during the afternoon of that monday.. but today they haven't been
Wasn't directed at you. But yes, thats the case. Should that really be the case to accomodate a club who have ****ed over everyone involved with them all season?

Doomofman
15/02/2010, 5:34 PM
Wasn't directed at you. But yes, thats the case. Should that really be the case to accomodate a club who have ****ed over everyone involved with them all season?

Maybe they're just so confused by the mess down in Cork they're struggling to get through their application

gufc4life
15/02/2010, 5:35 PM
The license system is pointless if Cork get one.

CSFShels
15/02/2010, 5:36 PM
Cork City's licence application should be an open-shut case tbh.

Dillonman
15/02/2010, 5:39 PM
Its not up to us - its up to the FAI, its their planning application. Granted permission here (http://www.louthcoco.ie/ePlan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=09144&LASiteID=2)

So if you have a problem, please direct it to a Mr J Delaney, Abbotstown, not Drogheda United.

The away section in Oriel does not meet licensing criteria either.

The only criteria for an away section of any ground is the availability of some covered seats to away fans which there is at Oriel. So if you have a problem with getting wet at Oriel I suggest you pay the extra few bob to get a seat in the designated away seating at the front of the stand in oriel.

DmanDmythDledge
15/02/2010, 5:40 PM
So you're claiming the licencing meetings took place on a Sunday?
My mistake, apologies. I thought it was obvious what I meant in the first place though. ;)