PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk Friendly

Dillonman
11/02/2010, 9:16 PM
Lads we are playing ye in a friendly on Saturday afternoon in Kilternan. Have any of ye got decent directions to get to this game? If I was heading Southbound on the M50 where would I go, what turnoffs would I have to look out for etc?

naoise kennedy
11/02/2010, 10:20 PM
Lads we are playing ye in a friendly on Saturday afternoon in Kilternan. Have any of ye got decent directions to get to this game? If I was heading Southbound on the M50 where would I go, what turnoffs would I have to look out for etc?

As you are heading down m50 you will pass two big white tents on your left (actually tennis courts),, take next exit off .. up ramp, right back over m50, straight through another small roundabout,, another 100 metres and another roundabout, take second exit off this up to kiltiernan,, up this straight road about 1.5 km on your left is wayside,, there are two caravans also on the left here... wayside football club..

Roo69
12/02/2010, 8:16 AM
Pretty much spot on.

It's exit 15 as your heading southbound. Once you take it go over the bridge and straight through the roundabout. The Park shopping complex will be on your right hand side and you will come to anothert small round about, go straight through this as well. Jackson Park is about 2/3 minutes up the road on the left hand side, there is a sign for it (well a big stone) with Wayside Celtic / Jackson Park on the side of the road.

Dunny
12/02/2010, 8:25 AM
Just curious, why is this not being played in the Carlisle Grounds?

Roo69
12/02/2010, 11:02 AM
Just curious, why is this not being played in the Carlisle Grounds?

I'd say its to save the pitch, very nice little set up in Wayside now, super club house and the pitch is better than some LoI pitches

naoise kennedy
12/02/2010, 4:15 PM
just another bit of info.. that long road up to wayside pitch is well known for garda speed traps,,,

awec
12/02/2010, 9:56 PM
So can anyone provide me with the best way to get to this via bus from the N11?

I am crap at looking these things up as I don't know area names.

naoise kennedy
12/02/2010, 10:26 PM
So can anyone provide me with the best way to get to this via bus from the N11?

I am crap at looking these things up as I don't know area names.

if your coming from city centre try get a 44,or 44b and this goes to kiltiernan,, if your coming from bray the number 63 passes cornelscourt on the n11 and then goes to kiltiernan put this is not a very common bus,, every hour from city centre..

awec
12/02/2010, 10:45 PM
Is there a pub at this place? Before I go to all the effort? :D

Dillonman
12/02/2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the help lads but unfortunately I cant make it now, my mother was in a bad car crash this morning!

Dunny
12/02/2010, 11:32 PM
Sorry to hear mate.:(

Dillonman
13/02/2010, 12:48 PM
Sorry to hear mate.:(

Cheers lad, shes very shoke up and a few bumps and bruises but thankfully the car got the worst of it.