PDA

View Full Version : The lights are on ... or are they

Ash
08/02/2010, 1:19 PM
Heard someone saying yesterday that Bray are looking to switch games to 2pm on Sunday due to problems with floodlights?
Any truth in this ... and will it affect the upcoming Lenister Senior cup game scheduled for a Thurs evening?

Battery Rover
08/02/2010, 1:22 PM
Heard that from one of the Dundalk players myself yesterday in Oriel.

Bray Head
08/02/2010, 2:29 PM
Heard this rumour about Sunday afternoon matches. It's not to do with a problem with the lights just the cost of having them on for night matches.

Hulsey
08/02/2010, 2:38 PM
Really hope the club don't gamble on this. The experiment with sunday games a few seasons ago went fairly badly

Stevo Da Gull
08/02/2010, 2:51 PM
I suppose if it saves money they're going to have to do it. With more of a geographical spread in the first division they're probably also hoping that Sundays could be more convenient for travelling fans. Personally, I prefer Friday nights, but if it helps financially then I can't complain much.

Roo69
08/02/2010, 3:51 PM
I suppose if it saves money they're going to have to do it. With more of a geographical spread in the first division they're probably also hoping that Sundays could be more convenient for travelling fans. Personally, I prefer Friday nights, but if it helps financially then I can't complain much.

What you said....

superfrank
08/02/2010, 6:39 PM
Weren't the last Sunday matches when we were doing well c. 2001? I remember big crowds at those, though that was probably more to do with us doing well.

Grey Boy
08/02/2010, 6:50 PM
I've become accustomed to LOI nights being Friday nights. Too many premiership games to compete with on Sundays.

Hulsey
08/02/2010, 10:36 PM
You'd lose a lot of casual fans to the premiership on a sunday. Plus there is also the chance that some of the younger element may be working on a sunday. For me Friday is football night and I for one hope it stays that way.
Superfrank the club tried moving games to sunday in the 2007 season and the crowds didn't improve drastically enough to justify it.

mightyseagull
09/02/2010, 7:16 PM
Friday night is football night thats the way it should stay

brayfan08
09/02/2010, 10:10 PM
It has to stay on fridays.I think sundays make it boring for some reason