PDA

View Full Version : Have you Seen this Man Score a Goal

First
01/02/2010, 9:18 AM
Lads

I have seen a few games of football involving SC who plays at RM for Newmarket Celtic in the Clare league, however I can never remember seeing him scoring a goal.
I have recieved assurances from SC and others that he has infact scored.
Can you please post any of the games that you remember him scoring in so as to jog my memory , I may have been there , I may not but it would be nice to have some evidence of this rare occurance.

Yesterday , I thought was going to be the day I would witness such an occurance when a ball fell to SC outside the box and he struck it sweetly but as usual he was leaning back attempting to hit the sun and break it as it was in his eyes (again).

Anyway I would love to hear of his scoring exploits , so if you can recall a goal he scored get posting.

Thanks

First

YNWA
01/02/2010, 10:52 AM
SC scored against Newmarket for Rineanna in an evening game at end of 06/07 season i think...and its prob the last time he scored:D

MikeBassett
01/02/2010, 11:12 AM
Well, I remember with great fondness one of SC's goals in particular. It was a damp morning in January '09 at McDonough Park, 10 minutes into the game, cue SC to send Newmarket Celtic on their way to victory over Burren Utd. SC strolled over to take the corner kick, cooly placed the ball inside the little triangle and 'fizzed' the ball into far top corner.

out red
01/02/2010, 12:37 PM
First what a brain teaser, I really had to jog the old brain cells for this one. I even had to pull out archived annuals. The only reference to sc Was made in 2007 and I quote " likes to be known as the ice-man and is blessed with searing pace". But nothing about scoring any goals do remember him missing a penalty if that's of any use.

First
01/02/2010, 1:01 PM
So , it's 1 goal , 1 deflection that I am sure he will claim , a goal for "them out the road", which doesn't count and a missed penalty. Not much going on in a football career that must be going on at least 10 years. Going on these statistics will I probably be dead by the time he scores again.

Is there any video evidence of this goal he scored in 09 as I find it hard to believe that it actually happened.

MikeBassett
01/02/2010, 2:31 PM
So , it's 1 goal , 1 deflection that I am sure he will claim , a goal for "them out the road", which doesn't count and a missed penalty. Not much going on in a football career that must be going on at least 10 years. Going on these statistics will I probably be dead by the time he scores again.

Is there any video evidence of this goal he scored in 09 as I find it hard to believe that it actually happened.

Unfortunately, there is no video evidence of this wonder goal First. The SKY Sports crew were in Newmarket that day alright but could not broadcast the game due to a health and safety issue with the gantry at McDonough Park being deemed 'unstable and unsafe' due to high gale force winds on the day.

First
20/02/2010, 2:24 PM
Top Scorers
NAME CLUB GOALS
Adrian McDonagh Avenue Utd 4
Kieran Devitt Newmarket Celtic 4
Mikey Mahony Avenue Utd 3
Declan Field Avenue Utd 3
Stephen Hickey Rock Rovers 3
Gary Collins Newmarket Celtic 3
Derek Fahy Bridge Utd 3
Trevor Maxwell Bridge Utd 3
David Russell Avenue Utd 3
Eoin Hayes Newmarket Celtic 3
Ryan Kelly Bunratty 3
John Paul Healy Newmarket Celtic 2
Graham Glynn Avenue Utd 2
Daithi O Connell Bunratty 2
Billy Maxwell Bridge Utd 2
Shane Byrnes Bridge Celtic 2
Ger O'Connell Bridge Celtic 2
Sean O'Mara Avenue Utd 2
Eamon O'Reilly Avenue Utd 2
Jay Hannam Rineanna Rovers 2
Gary Flynn Avenue Utd 2
Eoin O'Brien Newmarket Celtic 2
Paul Butler Rineanna Rovers 2
Gary Seery Avenue Utd 1
Sean O'Connor Rineanna Rovers 1
Darren Murphy Rineanna Rovers 1
Diarmuid Nash Rineanna Rovers 1
Mike O'Malley Newmarket Celtic 1
Ally McMillan Bunratty 1
Trevor Twomey Bunratty 1
Noel Collins Bunratty 1
Alan McAuley Bridge Utd 1
David O'Grady Newmarket Celtic 1
David Hickey Bridge Celtic 1
Trevor Howard Bridge Celtic 1
David Herlihy Avenue Utd 1
Neil Ryan Rineanna Rovers 1
Dean Gardiner Rock Rovers 1
Liam Murphy Newmarket Celtic 1
Jon Downes Bridge Utd 1
Mike Redden Bridge Utd 1
Greg Deegan Bridge Utd 1
Barry Woods Rock Rovers 1
Joey O'Neill Shannon Olympic 1
Ashley Glynn Rock Rovers 1
Shane Daniels Rock Rovers 1
Niall McNevin Rock Rovers 1
David McCarthy Avenue Utd 1
Brian Kelly Rineanna Rovers 1
John Earls Rineanna Rovers 1
Conor Ryan Newmarket Celtic 1
Ryan Boyle Lifford 1
Declan McMahon Lifford 1
Darren O'Neill Lifford 1
Donal Howley Burren Utd 1
Seamus Considine 0

First
22/02/2010, 9:00 AM
its fair embarressing when joey o neill and john earls have more goals than you....:p:p

In fairness Joey scored his fair share down through the years and I remember Johnny Earls scoring a great goal in 2000 , probably more for the celebration than anything.:D

MikeBassett
28/02/2010, 9:32 PM
First, I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear that SC got on the scoresheet this afternoon at McDonough Park. SC was disappointed not to spot you on the sideline as he had planned to involve you in his celebration if he scored.

First
01/03/2010, 9:20 AM
First, I'm sure you'll be delighted to hear that SC got on the scoresheet this afternoon at McDonough Park. SC was disappointed not to spot you on the sideline as he had planned to involve you in his celebration if he scored.

Thanks Vidic , I was hearing rumours this morning that a miracle was being investigated in the village. Seemingly there was a glorious burst of colours dancing in the sky and a great sense of peace decended on all. Surely both incidents must in some way be connected. The over-whelming feeling i have is that of pride , Seamus you have made an old man extremely happy , I only wish I had bothered to leave the TV and travel to witness this all too rare happening. I have to stop writing now as I am beginning to well up with emotion ...........................

First
31/08/2010, 8:40 AM
Lads a new season about to begin . SC picking up a cup the other night and the maturity of his speech has shown great confidence.
Maybe this will be the year that I witness a goal from SC . What odds on the first game of the season.

MikeBassett
13/09/2010, 12:29 PM
Lads a new season about to begin . SC picking up a cup the other night and the maturity of his speech has shown great confidence.
Maybe this will be the year that I witness a goal from SC . What odds on the first game of the season.

First you must be delighted that SC scored in yesterday's victory. You had the best seat in the house for the goal as well

First
13/09/2010, 1:20 PM
It was a great moment. Such rarities should be cherished. Thankfully he has that monkey off his back now and maybe he will kick on and add a few more before the season is over.

I must say I was a bit upset that he funked the goal celebration but I guess he didn't want to end up on Soccer AM or MNS. :)

Well done Seamus , I knew you had it in you , I look forward to the next one.

Now if I can just get EH to stop telling me how good he is at football and actually show some of it , things will be looking good for the rest of the season.

As for your good self Vidic , when are you going to chip in with a goal. I am waiting.

ginge lyndz
13/09/2010, 1:45 PM
If vidic-class ever scores a goal I will eat my hat.