PDA

View Full Version : Dublin to Hamburg-Lubeck cancelled

Raheny Red
29/01/2010, 6:00 PM
"Ryanair regrets that following an operational review, flights will cease operation from the 28/03/2010 onwards."

Had planned to head over for the Europa League final but that's in rags now. I've applied for the refund but just remember that I booked it through 3v. Anyone know what the procedure will be now for the refund? A cheque maybe?

Boo_Boy
29/01/2010, 6:13 PM
I have a flight for April to go over for the HSV - Mainz game but I haven't been e-mailed about the flight being cancelled.

Looks like a call/e-mail is in order.

weecountyman
31/01/2010, 6:36 AM
"Ryanair regrets that following an operational review, flights will cease operation from the 28/03/2010 onwards."

Had planned to head over for the Europa League final but that's in rags now. I've applied for the refund but just remember that I booked it through 3v. Anyone know what the procedure will be now for the refund? A cheque maybe?

That's just knocked a friend's relationship on the head, or expedited a move to "the next level".

Your refund, if booked on a credit card, has to be refunded on the same. But I don't know if it's the same for not booking direct with Ryanair.

Closed Account 2
31/01/2010, 6:39 PM
Berlin - Hamburg is 90mins or 2 hours on a fast train... Probably around 50EUR. Maybe you can ask Ryanair to switch your bookings to Berlin Schoenefeld - if you book your train tickets in advance it should be less than 30EUR from there to Hamburg and with changes will probably take 2h 30m.

DaveyCakes
02/02/2010, 1:56 PM
Why not just fly to Hamburg?

Closed Account 2
03/02/2010, 12:27 AM
I know they were thinking of direct flights from Dublin to Hamburg (Aer Lingus) but so far as I'm aware these havent started just yet ?

Raheny Red
03/02/2010, 10:01 AM
Oops sorry, forgot that I started a thread down here.

I have a flight for April to go over for the HSV - Mainz game but I haven't been e-mailed about the flight being cancelled.

Looks like a call/e-mail is in order.

Yeah I received an e-mail from them last Friday morning about this development, a shame really because we got return flights for 85 quid.

Berlin - Hamburg is 90mins or 2 hours on a fast train... Probably around 50EUR. Maybe you can ask Ryanair to switch your bookings to Berlin Schoenefeld - if you book your train tickets in advance it should be less than 30EUR from there to Hamburg and with changes will probably take 2h 30m.

I'd love to do that alright but given that we are only going for 2 nights I wouldn't be overly pushed in doing that.

Why not just fly to Hamburg?

Because Aer Lingus only fly out on the day of the game and arrive there at 16.30 or something, so it could be a bit of a scramble for tickets.

Cheers for the replies but looks like we could be heading to the Copenhagen - Brondby derby now.