PDA

View Full Version : Watch football in 3D

bluemovie
29/01/2010, 4:41 PM
http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Sky-To-Show-Worlds-First-Sports-Event-Live-In-3D-Arsenal-v-Man-Utd-To-Be-Screened-In-Nine-Pubs/Article/201001415536976?f=rss

With Sky Sports broadcasting Sunday's Arsenal v Manchester United clash in 3D in nine mystery pubs (including one in Dublin), the FAI have responded by announcing that they will present almost 400 live games in 3D at 22 mystery locations throughout 2010.

Sky Sports are offering viewers the amazing opportunity to watch millionaires from Cameroon, Croatia and Korea in this traditional English match. Fans will have the unique experience of virtually being at the ground while the match is taking place. Customers will be able to watch as their heroes calculate the value of their image rights safe in the knowledge that they will never have to meet or associate with their fans.

Sky's head of technology, Dexter Slaboratory, effuses "This is the absolute latest in top-of-the-range gimmicky bulls**t". And Sky's football expert Andy Gray says "Och aye. Since football was invented by Sky in 1992, we have brought you as close to the action as you can possibly be".

As usual, the FAI have maintained their position at the forefront of sports presentation. Launching the League of Ireland's own 3D initiative, an FAI spokesman stated, "It will feel like the players are running right in front of you". The League of Ireland version will incorporate many features missing from Sky's coverage including an interactive facility where the players will actually be able to hear fans cheering. "You might even get a belt of a ball in the face", joked the forward-thinking FAI man, "and you won't have to look like a complete gobsh*te wearing 3D glasses in a pub".

The League of Ireland - watch football in HIGHEST definition.

Jofspring
29/01/2010, 5:43 PM
This is being done for the England vs Wales game in the 6 nations too. Its to be shown on cinema screens around England.

passerrby
29/01/2010, 5:52 PM
ah but is league of ireland from another dimention

steve
29/01/2010, 7:10 PM
what happens to all those who bought HD tv's, now that we're being told to get 3D ones?

Pauro 76
29/01/2010, 8:21 PM
As if Wayne Rooney isn't ugly enough in 2D....

northwestexile
29/01/2010, 8:43 PM
What a load of rubbish. Didnt Brian Kerr say something along the lines of No matter how wide the T.V. or how comfortable the chair nothing beats a live game of football.
This is the best quote for me
Darren Long, Sky Sports (http://www.skysports.com/) director of operations, said: "James is a massive evangelist about 3D and he lives, breathes and eats 3D"
So what have the rest of us been doing?

jebus
29/01/2010, 8:44 PM
I was reading last year that they (who they?) reckon in 15-20 years that 3-d and home entertainment systems will be so good that it will be like being at the match anyway so no-one will go and teams will play in empty stadiums

Can't wait http://www.mingeford365.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/icon_neutral.gif

eamo1
29/01/2010, 9:20 PM
The league of Ireland is already 15-20 years ahead then,teams in our league already play in empty stadiums.:).

SPXcyan
30/01/2010, 10:06 PM
all you need for 3D is a 120 hert screen which all HD screens use so all is well ^^

Boo_Boy
30/01/2010, 10:07 PM
Hi lads.

Anyone know where I could buy a 3D telly?

Cheers.

Doomofman
30/01/2010, 10:12 PM
Pretty sure the first 3D tv was only released in the last couple of days...

Boo_Boy
30/01/2010, 10:15 PM
That joke clearly didn't land.

Think I'll retire.

MeathDrog
30/01/2010, 10:25 PM

Think I'll retire.
Retire from what?

De Town
30/01/2010, 10:40 PM

Think I'll retire.

It gave me a laugh!

Bluebeard
30/01/2010, 10:48 PM
It gave me a laugh!

Me too!

Dodge
30/01/2010, 10:55 PM

I think all keen followers of a waterford based follower got it. And enjoyed it :D

LeixlipRed
31/01/2010, 6:00 PM
Why anyone would want to watch football in 3D is beyond me. I present to you the fourth dimension (http://www.timesofmalta.com/media/serve/20090630--085642-sp_02.jpg)!

Doomofman
31/01/2010, 6:12 PM
I don't understand peoples problem with this...

sligofan4ever
31/01/2010, 6:25 PM
I don't understand peoples problem with this...

Well lets look at it this way, it brings you closer than ever to the game from your home. But these people for about 15 Euro could get up off there fat arse and be AT the game, dont mind being closer than ever, why not be AT a game. 3D Football will be like a gift from god in the eyes of barstoolers and probably puts LoI clubs chances of attracting more supporters in doubt yet again :mad:

Boo Boy: Don't be surprised if a certain Waterford United supporter does make that thread sooner or later ;)

Doomofman
31/01/2010, 6:39 PM
Well lets look at it this way, it brings you closer than ever to the game from your home. But these people for about 15 Euro could get up off there fat arse and be AT the game, dont mind being closer than ever, why not be AT a game. 3D Football will be like a gift from god in the eyes of barstoolers and probably puts LoI clubs chances of attracting more supporters in doubt yet again :mad:

Boo Boy: Don't be surprised if a certain Waterford United supporter does make that thread sooner or later ;)

I can understand that point of view yeah, but I'm looking forward to seeing a game in 3D. It's not going to stop me going to LOI matches but for stuff like the World Cup and Euro Championship and English football it would be great...

sligofan4ever
31/01/2010, 6:58 PM
I can understand that point of view yeah, but I'm looking forward to seeing a game in 3D. It's not going to stop me going to LOI matches but for stuff like the World Cup and Euro Championship and English football it would be great...

Ah sure its not people who will still go to LoI football i'm worried about, its the potential decrease in new fans I worry about with 3D football, thats why it should be our aim to keep promoting the league with 3DTV's now out. Anyways as i've said in the past, barstoolers get there Premiership in the Afternoon, whats stopping them paying just 15 euro to see a LoI game in the evening ?

danthesaint
31/01/2010, 7:21 PM
Ah sure its not people who will still go to LoI football i'm worried about, its the potential decrease in new fans I worry about with 3D football, thats why it should be our aim to keep promoting the league with 3DTV's now out. Anyways as i've said in the past, barstoolers get there Premiership in the Afternoon, whats stopping them paying just 15 euro to see a LoI game in the evening ?

yeah agree, barstoolers are so ignorant, they just reckon premiershipleague footie is brilliant, maybe because they "support" a team in the top 4 hmmmmmmmmmmm have they actually watched someone like bolton vs stoke, would rather watch paint dry.

i wouldnt mind watching la liga in 3D, but as said, 3D is actually going to the bleedin game. nothing better than cheering on your team only a few feet away and also abusing a lino and ref here and there is worth the 15euro alone :)