PDA

View Full Version : Finn harps Look to the future with Revive and Thrive campaign

Sam_Heggy
28/01/2010, 10:38 AM
http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/donegalsport/Harps-look-to-the-future.6019386.jp

Finally some modern thinking (of some sort) from Finn Harps New Board. For too long our club has been living in the 60's and 70's, great to see a few modern ideas coming to the plate.

Bluebeard
28/01/2010, 10:51 AM
Good to see. Hopefully it will secure the club out for 2010, and avoid another season of financial losses.

Sam_Heggy
28/01/2010, 10:53 AM
Good to see. Hopefully it will secure the club out for 2010, and avoid another season of financial losses.

Clubs on it's knees, €420k in debt and struggling to start the season. Great move by the club as we are desperately in need of positivity up here.

RoversHead
28/01/2010, 10:55 AM
Good stuff and the very best of luck going forward,beautifull part of Ireland that would attract European clubs for pre season training camps when stadium is in place ,A lot of work to be done before that but its great that people are being optomistic .

juan
28/01/2010, 10:57 AM
http://www.donegaldemocrat.ie/donegalsport/Harps-look-to-the-future.6019386.jp

Finally some modern thinking (of some sort) from Finn Harps New Board. For too long our club has been living in the 60's and 70's, great to see a few modern ideas coming to the plate.

Great idea there. Hope it works. We're doing the opposite here. We've alienated the fans trust and we've given the two finger salute to local business's in the Turner's Cross area by trying to move to Cobh. Well done Tommy lad!

Bluebeard
28/01/2010, 10:57 AM
Clubs on it's knees, €420k in debt and struggling to start the season. Great move by the club as we are desperately in need of positivity up here.

Jaysus. Didn't know it was that bad:eek:. Fingers crossed the new initiative will get things going, and ye have a couple of cup runs (not at our expense, mind!). I think that the "Buy Local" branding is a brilliant idea, especially as there is fierce pride in things Donegal up there from my memories, and the recession bell should help push that.

RoversHead
28/01/2010, 11:06 AM
Must be a few Donegal people that have moved abroad and become wealthy ,some way of tieing them back too their roots by helping the club out with some kind of distance patronship deal might be worth a go.

Mr A
28/01/2010, 11:17 AM
This is all very much a follow on from the strategic review carried out at the club last year. Unfortunately though the debts are such that the new board end up constantly fire-fighting rather than truly driving the club forward.

If this campaign is a success the debt can be reduced to a manageable level and we can really start to progress.

SeanDrog
28/01/2010, 11:17 AM

I really suggest looking at our Caret & Blue Club to see if its a model to revamp your 500 club. Monthly draw and discounts in local shops (ties in with your community move). The key (like most things) was excellent people setting it up. We now have cira 270-280 members at 5e/wk - not to be sniffed at.

www.claretandblueclub.com

Best of luck getting things going in the right direction.

danthesaint
28/01/2010, 11:29 AM
good to see, hope it goes well for yaz, every team should have modern stadiums at this stage, altho can understand the funding isnt there.

would like every team in the league with a new ground and strong finances, bar rovers obviously :p

cheifo
28/01/2010, 12:32 PM
Must be a few Donegal people that have moved abroad and become wealthy ,some way of tieing them back too their roots by helping the club out with some kind of distance patronship deal might be worth a go.

Excellant suggestion. Something similar has been talked about but not done yet. That project def has huge potential.

kev mcq
28/01/2010, 2:49 PM

Shay Given...

RoversHead
28/01/2010, 8:09 PM
Shay Given...Im sure if you asked Shay to help raise some cash he would but I was thinking of a wider appeal to the Donegal diaspra with an overseas patron package in place.I reckon its worth a go and if properly targeted and marketed online you could end up uncovering a whole new source of revenue.Get Shay and Packie to help launch it .Its usually when people think outside the box that great things happen,nothing to lose.

sligoman
28/01/2010, 8:22 PM
"This season, tickets for the seated area will be €15 (compared to €20 last season) while terrace tickets will cost €12 (down from €15 last season)."

I think that's still too dear for a FD match...

corkharps
28/01/2010, 8:59 PM

I'll keep doing the lotto!:D

RoversHead
28/01/2010, 9:21 PM
I'll keep doing the lotto!:DEuro millions, the lotto wouldnt go far:D

Mad Moose
03/02/2010, 5:27 PM
I think the article reads very very well. Its a well written piece as I'd expect of Doherty. It looks very much to the future while not forgetting the past and accepting mistakes of the past. I think that was always important to do and people are always prepared to back the club when they feel things are been done openly and honestly.

Mr A
10/03/2010, 3:34 PM
You know you've made it when even the Evening Echo takes notice!

http://www.eecho.ie/news/index.aspx?c=sport&jp=eyeysneycwsn

Fair play to Shay for the support.

Pauro 76
10/03/2010, 7:17 PM
Wonder would Wee Daniel be interested...

paudie
10/03/2010, 8:11 PM
"This season, tickets for the seated area will be €15 (compared to €20 last season) while terrace tickets will cost €12 (down from €15 last season)."

I think that's still too dear for a FD match...

20euro and 15 was definitely too dear for a first div game

RoversHead
10/03/2010, 10:14 PM
Wonder would Wee Daniel be interested...A Daniel gig on mothers day, Croker wouldnt even be big enough easy money.

redobit
11/03/2010, 8:59 AM
You know you've made it when even the Evening Echo takes notice!

http://www.eecho.ie/news/index.aspx?c=sport&jp=eyeysneycwsn

Fair play to Shay for the support.

Would he not write a wee cheque whiles at it. Its not like everybody dosent know how much he has in his bank account anyway!!!