PDA

View Full Version : Recent Arrival In London? Can I interview you?

Bluebeard
27/01/2010, 7:14 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm doing a radio course and I am trying to put together a 10 minute piece on the Irish who have arrived in London recently, particularly those who arrived between June 2008 and June 2009. I'm hoping to get a couple of people to offer a few different experiences. It will be a few questions that I can send in advance, perhaps one or two for clarification during the interview, and about 10 minutes talking.

Anyone on here who fits the bill and is willing to talk about moving over here for about ten minutes, or failing that knowing someone who is and might be willing to be interviewed, please PM me, and we can talk about what suits for meeting.

Thanks.

Magicme
27/01/2010, 8:08 PM
My mate just moved to Slough this month if that is any good to ya?

Bluebeard
27/01/2010, 9:59 PM
My mate just moved to Slough this month if that is any good to ya?

Could be! See if s/he is interested!

Magicme
27/01/2010, 10:00 PM
Will do!

Pauro 76
27/01/2010, 10:23 PM
Hi Folks,

I'm doing a radio course and I am trying to put together a 10 minute piece on the Irish who have arrived in London recently, particularly those who arrived between June 2008 and June 2009. I'm hoping to get a couple of people to offer a few different experiences. It will be a few questions that I can send in advance, perhaps one or two for clarification during the interview, and about 10 minutes talking.

Anyone on here who fits the bill and is willing to talk about moving over here for about ten minutes, or failing that knowing someone who is and might be willing to be interviewed, please PM me, and we can talk about what suits for meeting.

Thanks.

Stick my name down for it if you like Bluebeard, I've a great face for the radio!

Magicme
27/01/2010, 10:26 PM
Yeah Pauro and if Sarah does do it you and Bluebeard should meet up with her for the interviews and a few drinkies!

Pauro 76
27/01/2010, 10:32 PM
Yeah Pauro and if Sarah does do it you and Bluebeard should meet up with her for the interviews and a few drinkies!

Done! Oh God what have i let myself in for...

Magicme
27/01/2010, 10:35 PM
Sarah is my saner side so you will be grand and she is a nurse so you will be safe with her! :D

oscar
28/01/2010, 12:09 AM
is she a naughty nurse;)

strangeirish
28/01/2010, 12:18 AM
is she a naughty nurse;)

Sarah is my saner side so you will be grand and she is a nurse so you will be safe with her! :DAbout what time of the evening do you become Sarah?:D

Magicme
28/01/2010, 8:37 AM
Stop dragging it off topic boys............

paul_oshea
28/01/2010, 9:48 AM
is she a fit nurse.

Pauro do you ever read the post.

you moved over here yeras ago he is looking for someone from 2008 - 2009 :D

BB that one from Primetime emailed me a while ago about the stuff they did on recent emigrants to london. THey interviewed a couple of Leitrim lads about coming over. I gave her lots of info and email addresses and told her that if she didnt want to take a slant that there are loads of skilled workers coming over in IT, Finance etc and teachers, and nurses, but like all journalists she didnt want to show the real side and just went off and interviewed a couple of lads who came over to work on the sites.

Keelin shanley or something like that i think it was. I can give you her email if you want it. She might have some stuff or names to pass on or i can ask a few lads.

Bluebeard
28/01/2010, 10:38 AM
is she a fit nurse.

BB that one from Primetime emailed me a while ago about the stuff they did on recent emigrants to london. THey interviewed a couple of Leitrim lads about coming over. I gave her lots of info and email addresses and told her that if she didnt want to take a slant that there are loads of skilled workers coming over in IT, Finance etc and teachers, and nurses, but like all journalists she didnt want to show the real side and just went off and interviewed a couple of lads who came over to work on the sites.

Keelin shanley or something like that i think it was. I can give you her email if you want it. She might have some stuff or names to pass on or i can ask a few lads.

Thanks Paul, that would be really useful if you could. Just PM them to me.

I am interested in the idea of talking to a couple of people who have been over here a few years too, in contrast. My original idea was to do something on how the reasons and approach of the Irish coming over in the period when there was net immigration into Ireland may or may not have been different to the predecessors, but the course director said that the "hot topic" was the resumption of the economically based migration, and as such "commissioned" me to do that.

It is something I'd like to tackle though at some stage, or maybe use as contrast, so if Pauro or anyone else is interested, let me know.

Magicme
28/01/2010, 11:05 AM
Are you enjoying your course? I have just finished a Broadcast Training Course myself (last night with a 20minute show on their online station) and really enjoyed it. Was nerve wrecking when going on air but its fun too. I do a regular Big Brother update on our local station but that ends on Monday but they are talking bout giving me a Celeb watch type spot so hopefully that happens as need as much airtime as possible!

Where did you do the course, do you get studio time? Do you use cool edit? Can we listen in?

Pauro 76
28/01/2010, 12:00 PM

Yes I did read the post. Just offering my help, that's all. Came here 2005, which isn't that recent but still, nothing wrong with offering.

sligoman
28/01/2010, 4:05 PM
they are talking bout giving me a Celeb watch type spotCeleb totty watch?

oscar
28/01/2010, 10:20 PM
now you're talking;)

kingdom hoop
28/01/2010, 11:13 PM
Proud Foot.ie member and occasional poster Republicofwhite moved to London around September 2008. He probably won't see this thread so I'll alert him to the opportunity of meeting the one they call Bluebeard.

Bluebeard
31/01/2010, 10:37 AM
Are you enjoying your course? I have just finished a Broadcast Training Course myself (last night with a 20minute show on their online station) and really enjoyed it. Was nerve wrecking when going on air but its fun too. I do a regular Big Brother update on our local station but that ends on Monday but they are talking bout giving me a Celeb watch type spot so hopefully that happens as need as much airtime as possible!

Where did you do the course, do you get studio time? Do you use cool edit? Can we listen in?

I'm doing it in Morley College by Waterloo. It's an evening a week job. The pre Christmas bit was Basic Radio, and this one is called Radio Workshop, which does mean that I can use the small studio, and their editing equipment. I've a little MD recorder from ages back, and recently got Cool Edit Pro 2.1 for about £15 on ebay as a download. I'm still finding my way around it, but getting there.

As regards hearing it, I'll mix it down to an MP3 and if the boss man permits it, and it isn't complete rubbish, I can load it or link it or blog it here, depending on what can be done.

Thanks to all for the offers of assistance, by the way. I'm hoping to get a chunk of the interviewing done next weekend, if I can pin enough people down and get them to talk!

Magicme
31/01/2010, 10:41 AM
I'm doing it in Morley College by Waterloo. It's an evening a week job. The pre Christmas bit was Basic Radio, and this one is called Radio Workshop, which does mean that I can use the small studio, and their editing equipment. I've a little MD recorder from ages back, and recently got Cool Edit Pro 2.1 for about £15 on ebay as a download. I'm still finding my way around it, but getting there.

As regards hearing it, I'll mix it down to an MP3 and if the boss man permits it, and it isn't complete rubbish, I can load it or link it or blog it here, depending on what can be done.

Thanks to all for the offers of assistance, by the way. I'm hoping to get a chunk of the interviewing done next weekend, if I can pin enough people down and get them to talk!

Sounds like the course I did but we were given Cool Edit, cant get it to work on my laptop at the moment though as some settings are wrong and cant figure it out.

Out of curiousity, how much was your course? Mine cost €990 for 12 classes. Madness really but well worth it for the amount of studio time etc we got. Even had classes for 2 of us who were unable to attend at other times so we got 1 hour each in studio for 3 of the nights.

Oh and a private message has been sent with Sarah's phone number so you can get in touch. She is kinda up for it but might need persuading and if anyone can, you and pauro and a few pints of heineken drank in your company, can!