PDA

View Full Version : New Flag!

Monkfish
27/01/2010, 5:17 PM
So we're all broke from Christmas and half of us are on the dole and now that to$$er Monkfish wants money! :eek:

Some lads have already raised the point in getting a new flag(s) for the start of the season, so if anyone is able to contribute give us a shout.

The last few years has seen some fantastic contributions from members of this site and im not expecting the same level of money to come in again given the circumstances some lads find themselves in, we will however try and have something new for the new season.

Hopefully the jungle can get sorted some time this year and we can start hanging the big ones on the back wall again.

bluepowers
27/01/2010, 10:03 PM
living next to it and the jungle still there LDMC farce . ill donate

bluewhitearmy
27/01/2010, 11:23 PM
Oh no its still there more then a month before the season starts :eek:

Monkfish
28/01/2010, 12:08 AM
Oh no its still there more then a month before the season starts :eek:

Only times it got sorted was when Joe and myself went chopping with a strimmer and machete one day and another time when the club payed some fella to chop it. Few weeks of sun and rain and its back.

Club already pays rent on Jackman, ldmc dont give a toss, nothings gonna change until I get permission* to cover the whole bank with petrol and light a match.

* 6 cans of stella.

oscar
28/01/2010, 12:13 AM
the sooner limerick leave that dump the better

Castletroy_Blue
28/01/2010, 12:53 AM
I am willing to supply the Stella :)

On a side note, I have a 9ft Irish flag that I take over to Southend United matches now and again over in England. Only thing is, it says 'Limerick Shrimpers' (Southend being known as the Shrimpers), so how do I pass this off at a Limerick away match without being asked where I do my shrimp farming? :D

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v199/99/11/661591923/n661591923_733766_9303.jpg

Monkfish
28/01/2010, 1:25 AM
Im lost for words......:D

bluewhitearmy
28/01/2010, 9:16 AM
ldmc will never do it for us we all know that id give a hand if ye are chopping it some day.

redobit
28/01/2010, 9:23 AM

On a side note, I have a 9ft Irish flag that I take over to Southend United matches now and again over in England. Only thing is, it says 'Limerick Shrimpers' (Southend being known as the Shrimpers), so how do I pass this off at a Limerick away match without being asked where I do my shrimp farming? :D

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v199/99/11/661591923/n661591923_733766_9303.jpg

Not to butt in, but personally I hate any writing/ pictures on the national flag. Remember those tricolours with the Guinness harp on them years ago - turn your stomach.

joeSoap
28/01/2010, 9:48 AM
Not to butt in, but personally I hate any writing/ pictures on the national flag. Remember those tricolours with the Guinness harp on them years ago - turn your stomach. Not to butt in, but seeing as you are a Sligo fan who has no business commenting on Limerick flags, you are butting in, so kindly f*ck off and troll elsewhere.:p

bluewhitearmy
28/01/2010, 10:24 AM
Fully agree with joe.:D We could use that flag just hide the shrimpers bit of course. Must have been a big game for Southend going by the attendance :p

redobit
28/01/2010, 10:25 AM
Not to butt in, but seeing as you are a Sligo fan who has no business commenting on Limerick flags, you are butting in, so kindly f*ck off and troll elsewhere.:p

Well if you read my post I was actually just giving a comment on that tricolour flag, not on limerick flags.

bluewhitearmy
28/01/2010, 10:28 AM
Well then you don't print on it we will simple really.

oscar
28/01/2010, 10:35 AM
lads yer very hostile:p

joeSoap
28/01/2010, 10:54 AM

Just in a bad mood....

bluewhitearmy
28/01/2010, 1:23 PM

Thats what been stuck in the 1st divison does :mad::D

ped_ped
28/01/2010, 1:46 PM
We could use that flag just hide the shrimpers bit of course.

Or start referring to Limerick FC as the Shrimpers :p

Which is cheaper? :D

bluewhitearmy
28/01/2010, 1:55 PM
If we got rene cusacks to sponsor us that could work :)

ped_ped
28/01/2010, 2:10 PM
I'm on it ;)

bluewhitearmy
28/01/2010, 2:12 PM
Shrimp sold in shop at Jackman this year so.

gael353
28/01/2010, 3:51 PM
Well if you read my post I was actually just giving a comment on that tricolour flag, not on limerick flags.

im with you on this one redobit i hate the site of writing on irish flags. mr keogh should be found out and shot for ruining such a fine piece of material.

Just on a point the LDMC have gotten planning permission to put toilets male/female/disabled/under the shed. They also have planning permission to extend the dressing rooms and do up the existing jacks. They hope to have the work done for april

Monkfish
28/01/2010, 4:35 PM
This is all well and good lads but a E20 minimum flag contribution will be needed to comment on this thread in future! :)

abbeyvale
28/01/2010, 5:52 PM
So we're all broke from Christmas and half of us are on the dole and now that to$$er Monkfish wants money! :eek:

Some lads have already raised the point in getting a new flag(s) for the start of the season, so if anyone is able to contribute give us a shout.

The last few years has seen some fantastic contributions from members of this site and im not expecting the same level of money to come in again given the circumstances some lads find themselves in, we will however try and have something new for the new season.

Hopefully the jungle can get sorted some time this year and we can start hanging the big ones on the back wall again.

How much would a proper sized flag cost???

Monkfish
28/01/2010, 6:02 PM
How much would a proper sized flag cost???

As much or as little as you want, our own big flags have cost between E150-E400. If you wanna be cheap and classless material can be got from hickeys and get an auntie to sow it up, usually wont last a season of rain and wind though.

oscar
28/01/2010, 10:07 PM
im with you on this one redobit i hate the site of writing on irish flags. mr keogh should be found out and shot for ruining such a fine piece of material.

Just on a point the LDMC have gotten planning permission to put toilets male/female/disabled/under the shed. They also have planning permission to extend the dressing rooms and do up the existing jacks. They hope to have the work done for april

jesus christ,have i woke up in an alternative universe where the LDMC are a competent,well run group

Lev Yashin
28/01/2010, 10:25 PM
Crazy idea...but why not turn the flag around? :confused:(and not so it gold white and green!!)

bluewhitearmy
28/01/2010, 11:30 PM
Crazy idea...but why not turn the flag around? :confused:(and not so it gold white and green!!)

Theres no place for your logic and sense on here now move along :D

joeSoap
29/01/2010, 8:52 AM
jesus christ,have i woke up in an alternative universe where the LDMC are a competent,well run group
Afraid not....they say they plan to have them finished by April....they never mentioned which April though. Knowing them it will be April 2014.

redobit
26/04/2010, 11:36 AM

Well then you don't print on it we will simple really.

Knew I had seen somting somewhere (better late than never).

17 The National Flag should never be defaced by placing slogans, logos, lettering or pictures of any kind on it, for example at sporting events.
18 The National Flag should not be draped on cars, trains, boats or other modes of transport; it should not be carried flat, but should always be carried aloft and free, except when used to drape a coffin; on such an occasion, the green should be at the head of the coffin (Figure H).
19 Care should be taken at all times to ensure that the National Flag does not touch the ground, trail in water or become entangled in trees or other obstacles.

From the Department of the Taoiseach - The National Flag (http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/attached_files/Pdf%20files/The%20National%20Flag.pdf)

bluewhitearmy
26/04/2010, 1:45 PM
The Taoiseach is as likely to eat the flag as he is to respect it. Get over it its done everywhere.

redobit
26/04/2010, 3:33 PM
The Taoiseach is as likely to eat the flag as he is to respect it. Get over it its done everywhere.

Some people actually care about little Irish traditions like this (obviously not yourself), without even realising they even exist. When they do find out - what they do with them, well thats up to themselves.

LFC-Zulu
26/04/2010, 8:37 PM
Some people actually care about little Irish traditions like this (obviously not yourself), without even realising they even exist. When they do find out - what they do with them, well thats up to themselves.

1. How can people respect it without knowing it exists like you claim?
2. "Thats upto themselves".. Then why go on about it?

joeSoap
27/04/2010, 8:56 AM
Lads, keep this on topic-about Limerick FC flags. Don't turn this into a stupid patriotic debate. Theres room in the Ireland forum for that.