PDA

View Full Version : Club America's Rosinei's Wikipedia page

SaucyJack
26/01/2010, 4:02 PM
a typo or a joke? or was this in the news and I missed it?.. eligible for Brazil, Italy and us.(was reading up on the Salvador Cabanas shooting and ended up on the Club America page)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosinei_Adolfo

TrapAPony
26/01/2010, 4:19 PM
Don't know if it's true or not but it's interesting all the same. I really hope Trap & co. are scouring the globe for new

talent because we badly need to add quality to our panel.

ken foree
26/01/2010, 5:24 PM
oof that'd be something. know nothing about the player or the situation - perhaps cdfh edmundo might enlighten us? :confused:

Charlie Darwin
26/01/2010, 10:29 PM
Doubt Trap would even consider it unless he played in Europe.

CSFShels
26/01/2010, 11:33 PM
Don't know if it's true or not but it's interesting all the same. I really hope Trap & co. are scouring the globe for new

talent because we badly need to add quality to our panel.
Yeah and the transfer window is closing soon so he'd wanna get a move on:rolleyes:

Munster Saint
27/01/2010, 5:41 AM
I'm not convinced, it doesn't mention it on the Portuguese version of his bio and the information about him qualifying to play for us was added on the 25th of October last by an Eircom ip address.

Ash
27/01/2010, 6:47 AM
Just spell his name Rosney and he's in

theworm2345
27/01/2010, 7:16 AM
Trust me, we don't need any players playing in the Mexican League, its roughly about the quality of the MLS (probably a little better as they tend to beat them)

superfrank
27/01/2010, 9:25 AM
Firstly, has anyone actually seen him play?

Closed Account 2
27/01/2010, 9:32 AM
Someone is playing silly beggars, I'm pretty sure this is the guy who had a few games at Malaga or Murcia (in Spain) 3-4 years ago and didn't set the world alight. I don't think he's ever played for Bray Wanderers or is available to play for us at national level... Even if he was he's very average and I doubt he would make the team. Looking at CF America's midfield he'll be up against Daniel Montenegro (superb player) so I don't think he'll get too many games. I would put the Mexican league on a par with the Dutch league - it's technically good and the economics of Latin America mean that a lot of promising players from Argentina, Paraguay and to a lesser extent Brazil, play there - but the overall strenght of the league is not great and 2-3 clubs dominate (for PSV and Ajax read America and Chivas Guad.) with an occasional challenge from a more minor club (for Twente or AZ read UNAM Pumas or Santos Laguna) and a fading giant (for Feyenoord read Cruz Azul).

There seems to be a degree of player tampering on wikipedia - I think some joker had put Rafael Sobis as signing for Portsmouth on there the other day.

Greenbod
27/01/2010, 9:38 AM
Firstly, has anyone actually seen him play?

Well if anyone has..you should have!

"Rosinei played for Corinthians till 2007 and won one Campeonato Brasileiro in 2005. He moved to Bray in January 2008"

Bluebeard
27/01/2010, 9:45 AM
It was Murcia he played with yesterday, not Bray.

Unless there has been some kind of merger, and Bray are secretly sitting on a fortune in royalties from re-runs of Michael Collins on Mexican TV or something.

superfrank
27/01/2010, 10:04 AM
I am certain he never played for Wanderers.

There would have been unrivaled buzz around the fact that a Brazilian was playing for us.

Btw, when I read the link yesterday, it said he joined Murcia, not Bray, in 2008 so someone's been messing around with it again.

Munster Saint
27/01/2010, 12:41 PM
The Bray thing is just vandalism from this morning around 8:12 am. Some genius was obviously inspired by this thread to swap Real Murcia for Bray...

Leeside Swagger
27/01/2010, 1:31 PM
100% wind up

Bluebeard
27/01/2010, 1:53 PM
100% wind up

Yeah, completely. I mean, if it were Waterford you *might* believe it, but Bray? Next thing, they'll be signing Australians, or Romanians or something;)

superfrank
27/01/2010, 2:02 PM
We did sign a Juve trainee during the summer. ;)

Ash
27/01/2010, 2:11 PM
Is Franco training with ye now?

superfrank
27/01/2010, 2:21 PM
I have heard he is.