PDA

View Full Version : Radio Coverage-Please Help...

jofyisgod
16/03/2004, 5:33 PM
Being here in England, i trey to listen to the games/update shows on the web. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about Friday's game?

I read somewhere that RTE have a show on Fridays during the season-is that true? Also, would that be an RTE station that i couldlisten to on the web or on Sky Digital?

Sorry for having so many questions, but this is very important:D

Dodge
16/03/2004, 5:45 PM
See here (http://foot.ie/t5200.htm)

The only problem with RTE 1's coverage last year was that it was on MW only and the Radio 1 on the web is taken from the FM feed

eoinh
16/03/2004, 6:08 PM
are planning to broadcast radio 1 in Long Wave soon, which you could recieve anywhere in Britain. Dont know if they are going to broadcast their MW content or FM content however:confused:

yiddo
16/03/2004, 7:49 PM
RTE is commencing broadcasts of Radio 1 on 252Khz longwave from tomorrow 17th. This channel will carry the same programmes as the medium wave service. So you'll be able to hear all the sports programmes.
As regards Sky digital in the UK RTE use 2 Sky digitals channels 892 which they call RTE Europe and 910 which carries RTE Radio 1. I assume that they carry different programmes when the medium wave and FM services are split here at home.

yur man
16/03/2004, 8:03 PM
yes, i just checked me radio and i have longwave. woohoo!

nice to have more choice this year. listened to too many dub derbies last year on newstalk106

do the rte friday night broadcasts cover a main game with updates from the others or some other format?

jofyisgod
17/03/2004, 6:27 PM
Cheers lads. I have it now-very poor quality but it's there!

Dricky
18/03/2004, 7:03 AM
Originally posted by jofyisgod
Cheers lads. I have it now-very poor quality but it's there!

Digital is perfect for it (well perfect for those with not in Ireland) and they do have a lot of matches on rte1europe, use it here, you can connect your 5.1 up to it and if you have a or connect it up with analogue lines to a hifi system, no need to watch the the blue screen