PDA

View Full Version : Ratnolds tapping players up

Éanna
16/03/2004, 4:53 PM
Apparently WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATERFORDS new manager has been making phone calls to former teammates, which their managers and chairmen might not appreciate :eek:

Longfordian
16/03/2004, 6:51 PM
We were quite appreciative of an interest he was showing in one ex-teammate, he was supposed to fax us an offer but mustn't have been let :-)

Éanna
18/03/2004, 2:26 PM
That wouldn't be a former Galway player who might be unsettled by the arrival of a number of strikers- would it :eek: ;)

max power
18/03/2004, 2:28 PM
not un settled at all, had a great pre season and will do well in the coming months

Éanna
18/03/2004, 2:36 PM
Originally posted by max power
had a great pre season
that was more or less what he said! I got the impression that if he isn't starting regularly ratnolds might have a new player on the way

max power
18/03/2004, 2:53 PM
just wondering , when does the transfer window re open ???

Macy
18/03/2004, 2:55 PM
Originally posted by Éanna
I got the impression that if he isn't starting regularly ratnolds might have a new player on the way
Please God he'll be gone. I still can't believe we turned down Derry's offer.

Éanna
18/03/2004, 3:01 PM
well from what he was saying he seems to think he's guaranteed a start every game and if he isn't I doubt it'll be long before he throws a tantrum

max power
18/03/2004, 3:16 PM
who knows, he could play on sat score a hit trick and where do you go from there, drop him ?? we move forward with an open mind and give every player his chance to shine and if he takes it so be it and if he doesn't he has to understand such is life

Macy
18/03/2004, 3:21 PM
Personally, I'd be surprised if he's ahead of Keegan/Francis/Barrett, but I'll go with Alan "Section O" Matthews* decision....

* As far as I remember, he's banned from the dugout Saturday.

max power
18/03/2004, 3:23 PM
you tryin to start a fight macy !!!! i remember his first game in charge in bray, what were section O shouting, "sack the board " wasn't it ???? behind him from day one weren't yee !!!

Macy
18/03/2004, 3:30 PM
Originally posted by max power
you tryin to start a fight macy !!!! i remember his first game in charge in bray, what were section O shouting, "sack the board " wasn't it ???? behind him from day one weren't yee !!!
Actually you are very wrong there with the Bray game. Two (related) members of section O, and a good few from the stand. So there :p

max power
18/03/2004, 3:34 PM
us fine upstanding stand people would never let let themselves be dragged into that type of childish behaviour..........i believe alan is on my side by playing the god that is vinny in the middle of the park.......

TommyT
18/03/2004, 4:33 PM
The board of Longford Town really ought to do more to control their manager ;)

Pablo
19/03/2004, 1:45 PM
The board of Shamrock Rovers really ought to do more to control their supporters

heh heh

Longfordian
19/03/2004, 3:23 PM
Apparently time, and the window defeated the move..Oh well theres always the next window..Dont think he's ahead of Barrett/Francis/Keego in the pecking order either, those that have seen him in training in Longford recently reckon he's still not as fit as he should be, if a little fitter than last year..Alan will be sitting right in the middle of Section O*, he needs the wisdom and encouragement..

*not really, but he'll be nearby so be nice lads:)

max power
19/03/2004, 3:39 PM
i shall reserve comment on the last post !!!

A face
19/03/2004, 3:45 PM
Originally posted by Longfordian
Keego

Where on gods earth did you come up with that name ??
What dialect is it anyway ??

max power
19/03/2004, 3:50 PM
its english, i know a lot of cork fans have a problem with it, seeing as they mostly speak b*llox........

sadloserkid
19/03/2004, 4:32 PM
It's simple really, in Cork they prefer to add 'y's to the end of a name (a la Flynny) than the Leinster methong od dropping a few letter and finishing with an 'O' like the example above.

TommyT
22/03/2004, 6:19 PM
The board of Shamrock Rovers really ought to do more to control their supporters
heh heh

Quick aint ya.

That's what he said a while back. Hence the Joke.

dortie
22/03/2004, 6:51 PM
It's simple really, in Cork they prefer to add 'y's to the end of a name (a la Flynny) than the Leinster methong od dropping a few letter and finishing with an 'O' like the example above.

We must be similar to the Cork lads then......we refer to Sean Hargan and Michael Holt as 'Hargy' and 'Holty' :p

max power
25/03/2004, 3:30 PM
but vinny is keeping darragh out of the team........a blessing in disguise, he was really shown up on sat but his fitness level will improve ( i hope ) as for eric....he could surprise us all this season, i hop he does.But i don't hold out much hope of that happening

btw i posted that before his display on monday night.