PDA

View Full Version : 2010 goals

rovers100%
25/01/2010, 3:52 PM
what do you think the club should achieve this year, are we really good enough to mount a challenge for the league or will we be battling relegation again ??? is our transfers in and out a sign of progressing times or hard times ??? can cook lead us to silverware and is the management commitee doing all they can to let us achieve our goals or is the recession and crowds holding us back. these are the questions on my mind and wondering what are other fans thoughts.
we have lost raf, cash, morrison and boco is in limbo. we have brought in mccabe, foran, davoren, amond and turner (whatever the story is). have we replaced our players departed with better quality ??? do weed need some more players and in what position. i think the defence and upfront needs more options. if we could get big attendance through the gates this surely would give us a bigger budget so why is there not a major campaign by srfc to get more seats on bums. the more we have going through the turnstiles the more money and funding they get not to mention more people willing to hand over money when fundraising is needed.
i for one hope we see the football played 2 seasons ago where we played some of the best football seen in the showgrounds in years. a lot of teams are struggling so surely this is our best year to try and break into the top 3 or 4. can we do it???

Only1Rovers
25/01/2010, 4:00 PM
if we could get big attendance through the gates this surely would give us a bigger budget so why is there not a major campaign by srfc to get more seats on bums. the more we have going through the turnstiles the more money and funding they get not to mention more people willing to hand over money when fundraising is needed.

Don't know if this is legal.

rovers100%
25/01/2010, 4:01 PM
sorry bums on seats lol. ya mite see seats on bums on youtube though.....

SRFCbrothelutd
25/01/2010, 4:03 PM
Europe.

Joxter
25/01/2010, 4:39 PM
I think that we are well capable of getting 4th place in the league but I believe that we can aim higher. Why Not? Good manager, good signings, seems like were in a healthy financial state which is so important in this league. So I believe we should aim for a European place through the league at the least.

Every year I think that Rovers should go all out for the cup because its a very achievable goal. Last year we bet Cork, Derry and Bohs before getting to the semi, it seemed our name was on the cup. We basically got to the semi the hardest way possible then unfortunately threw it away in 8mins. Hopefully the players can learn from this and set a target of winning the cup. Cant see us getting harder matches than we did last year so it is very achievable.

Hopefully a decent League Cup campaign aswell, cant understand how we never do better in the competiton

sligofan4ever
25/01/2010, 4:57 PM
I think that we are well capable of getting 4th place in the league but I believe that we can aim higher. Why Not? Good manager, good signings, seems like were in a healthy financial state which is so important in this league. So I believe we should aim for a European place through the league at the least.

Every year I think that Rovers should go all out for the cup because its a very achievable goal. Last year we bet Cork, Derry and Bohs before getting to the semi, it seemed our name was on the cup. We basically got to the semi the hardest way possible then unfortunately threw it away in 8mins. Hopefully the players can learn from this and set a target of winning the cup. Cant see us getting harder matches than we did last year so it is very achievable.

Hopefully a decent League Cup campaign aswell, cant understand how we never do better in the competiton

We did get to the semi final, but anyone there would tell you Richie Winter and his linesbird cost us a place in the final.

rovers100%
25/01/2010, 5:03 PM
we didnt get too much luck last year between injuries and refs. next year it will all change hopefully. i would like to see a few more top signings before i would consider us top 4 side.
foran i dont really know too much about as never stood out for me when we played bray. amond looks a good replacement for raf and if turner stays he is quality but the question is will he stay !!! davoren also never caught my eye . mccabe looks like one for the future i thought he was bray's best player last year.

dong
25/01/2010, 7:07 PM
Fourth at best i think.
I can't see us replacing the goals Raf scored last year and we will leak goals if we do not get a decent centre half in, Peers or no Peers. That lad from Bay may have potential but it remains to be seen.
Would be great to see a good start and get the crowds in the gate. We need to get a bit of momentum going this year.

red_away
26/01/2010, 11:40 AM
Goals for 2010 (plenty for rovers I hope!)

1. Europe
2. Play good football
and most importantly
3. Solvency

I dont think we can mount a sustained challenge for the league as our panel wont be big enuff or sufficient quality depth to cope with a full seasons demands if we are realistic IMHO.

MMVIII
26/01/2010, 10:18 PM
To challenge for the league.

Blinkers? What blinkers...

LondonRover
26/01/2010, 10:30 PM
We've signed Regi Blinker? WTF!