PDA

View Full Version : Cork City playing in Colmans Park Friday 29th Jan!

ballsac7
24/01/2010, 12:05 PM
Cork City playing Crosshaven (MSL Senior) in St Colmans Park on Friday 29th Jan. Roddy Collins is trying out a load of potential new signings. Money from the game going to Crosshaven. Kick off 7:45pm. Ramblers hoping for good support in the bar afterwards as both teams & supporters are due to go back there. Should be interesting to see what sort of a team City will have for next season.

ballsac7
24/01/2010, 3:00 PM
what surely rams are renting out the pitch to them??
Its Crosshaven have the pitch not Cork City. Camden must be unplayable after the recent bad weather.

the sub
24/01/2010, 4:46 PM
Its Crosshaven have the pitch not Cork City. Camden must be unplayable after the recent bad weather.

I don't think it will be played the fai have locked the gates and have moved in to take over the running
Of the club

luka
24/01/2010, 4:53 PM
Game was organised by Greg O'Halloran. Proceeds are going to Haiti. That's all I know anyway.

ballsac7
24/01/2010, 6:20 PM
it will definitly be played. There was a match on there today too. Ah thats a nice touch alright. Heard city have applied for use of the pitch for the season too. Be great fo us mst say
Heard on REDFM tonight its a fundraising game for Crosshaven. Heard nothing about Haiti to be honest.

marty
24/01/2010, 7:50 PM
Surely City cant be serious bout renting the ground for the season,I cant imagine them getting an average of 1000 people down to watch

LFC-Zulu
26/01/2010, 11:43 AM
Two questions:

1) Will Cobh be First Division next year? It appears to be going that way
and
2) Are Cork really going to want to rent Colmans for the year, isn't about 40 minutes from Turners?

Schumi
26/01/2010, 11:56 AM

That could only happen if Cork or Derry are knocked down to the A Championship, there isn't a space otherwise.

Schumi
26/01/2010, 1:19 PM
Are you presuming that either or arent going to be in the prem next yearI'm not presuming anything (very dangerous in this league!). There is a very strong impression being put about that there will be a Derry team will be in the First Division. Who knows what will happen with Cork but I can't see them playing A Championship football in Cobh.

don ramo
26/01/2010, 1:46 PM
logically derry and cork should not be the prem or first divisions according to current rules and FAI infractions,

cork are now in the same boat ramblers were in last year, in the fact they dont have a tax clearance certificate from the revenue, they came to an agreement with the revenue last year and renaged on the agreement within 6 months, somehow i cant see the revenue falling for that trick again, and to my knowledge they still owe a bit,

derry were expelled from the league and told if they reform they can reenter at the first divsion, HOW, they were kicked out of the league and if they reapply to reenter the league they have to take the path of the A championship, those are the rules, we and the other 5 clubs in the A championship have to follow them, and so do derry,

we still havent got a tax cert to my knowledge, and even if we did get one, the rules are stated clearly, we have to finnish inside the top 4 of our division above any other A team (not prem B teams) to have a play-off with the northern winners and then we have to win a play-off with the bottom first divsion team,

so by all instances if the FAI decide to keep the A league and there rules of needing revenue tax certs, derry, cork and Cobh will be playin A league football next year,

luka
26/01/2010, 2:51 PM
All well and good DR but this is the LOI like.......................

tiktok
26/01/2010, 3:12 PM
logically

That's your problem right there don ramo, logic doesn't come near these decisions.

The FAI don't want to lose two large, potentially huge clubs, in cities where they are the only football show. They can't fudge leaving them in the Premier, but they know, and let's face it [Shels are the proof] they know that if they demote, people in general [who have no idea what the licencing documentation says] will think it's harsh punishment and the FAI will look strong.

By the way though, Cork could actually have a Tax Clearance cert! If TNB was smart enough to request one immediately following the High Court settlement, the revenue would have had to issue him with one and they last for a year. Was he that far-sighted though? Highly unlikely.

don ramo
26/01/2010, 4:37 PM
That's your problem right there don ramo, logic doesn't come near these decisions.

The FAI don't want to lose two large, potentially huge clubs, in cities where they are the only football show. They can't fudge leaving them in the Premier, but they know, and let's face it [Shels are the proof] they know that if they demote, people in general [who have no idea what the licencing documentation says] will think it's harsh punishment and the FAI will look strong.

By the way though, Cork could actually have a Tax Clearance cert! If TNB was smart enough to request one immediately following the High Court settlement, the revenue would have had to issue him with one and they last for a year. Was he that far-sighted though? Highly unlikely.

well i did say logically for a reason,

i doubth the revenue would issue a new tax cert till the old one expires, they already took that chance last year, is it even known how much if anything is owed to the reveue, im only saying city owe the revenue cause i didnt hear anywhere they settled it,

rambler14
28/01/2010, 11:48 AM
Two questions:

and
2) Are Cork really going to want to rent Colmans for the year, isn't about 40 minutes from Turners?

1) Highly Unlikely

2) It's 40 mins from Turners Cross if you drive like an auld Granny. 20 mins down the road.

Schumi
28/01/2010, 11:56 AM
2) It's 40 mins from Turners Cross if you drive like an auld Granny. 20 mins down the road.

Depends how good your car is at getting up hills!