PDA

View Full Version : Boards.ie Hacked

Leeside Swagger
21/01/2010, 3:37 PM
According to the 4.30 news on newstalk. 1000's of accounts have been broken in to.

centre mid
21/01/2010, 3:39 PM
the sites been down all day

Block G Raptor
21/01/2010, 3:44 PM
Was just coming on to start this thread. they've full disclosure of what happened and what members should do on the site now www.boards.ie

passinginterest
21/01/2010, 8:28 PM
Did foot get hacked too? Or was it coincidental that it went down?

dahamsta
21/01/2010, 10:13 PM
Coincidence, one of the Foot.ie database tables was corrupted and it sent the site for a loop. Happened just as I was leaving Dublin for Cork, which is why I'm only fixing it now. Sorry.

thischarmingman
22/01/2010, 12:37 AM
Coincidence, one of the Foot.ie database tables was corrupted and it sent the site for a loop. Happened just as I was leaving Dublin for Cork, which is why I'm only fixing it now. Sorry.

Not good enough. :mad:

I had to actually do work today to pass the time at work.

dahamsta
22/01/2010, 1:35 AM
Ah. Disk full. That would explain it.

Mad Moose
23/01/2010, 11:57 AM
According to the 4.30 news on newstalk. 1000's of accounts have been broken in to.

What does that actually mean though? Why would anybody hack into the site and what information is available in the accounts?

the 12 th man
23/01/2010, 12:14 PM
What does that actually mean though? Why would anybody hack into the site and what information is available in the accounts?

Email addresses for a start for all sorts of spam:(

centre mid
23/01/2010, 12:28 PM
Funnily enough I've gotten a huge amount of spam in the last couple of days, a real pain in the arse.

sligobhoy67
24/01/2010, 4:51 PM
thanks boards.ie, now God knows who has all our log in names, email addresses and passwords!!

Nice one!

Must check me on line bank account!! :mad:

Mad Moose
24/01/2010, 6:22 PM
I see a few of us present on here yesterday got hit by a spammer. For once I decided to read it and it was the usual. Looking for my identity and bank account and that. However he actually made a joke around it been spam saying 'Its not spam' (well ok maybe a little :) ) before going on. Opening it makes no difference I assume. Obviously if I followed his instructions it might be a little different.

thischarmingman
24/01/2010, 6:39 PM
I see a few of us present on here yesterday got hit by a spammer. For once I decided to read it and it was the usual. Looking for my identity and bank account and that. However he actually made a joke around it been spam saying 'Its not spam' (well ok maybe a little :) ) before going on. Opening it makes no difference I assume. Obviously if I followed his instructions it might be a little different.

I wanted to be as pleasant as possible. Ah go on, sure, just send me your wee account number there...

strangeirish
24/01/2010, 7:28 PM
thanks boards.ie, now God knows who has all our log in names, email addresses and passwords!!

Nice one!

Must check me on line bank account!! :mad:Don't worry, it's empty...:D

paul_oshea
26/01/2010, 4:03 PM

what was "his" name ;) ?!

Deckydee
26/01/2010, 5:35 PM
I have proof who hacked in, I 'videoed' them doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUY8HysBzsE

:D

don ramo
26/01/2010, 6:19 PM
I have proof who hacked in, I 'videoed' them doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUY8HysBzsE

:D
dont ya just hate it when that happens to ya:D