PDA

View Full Version : Share Issue

Bald Student
16/03/2004, 11:55 AM
I was on the dcfc website today and it is very good. You get the impression that the club is very well run financially.

I was wondering about the 2 million euro share offer I saw on it. It said in the news release that the club has plans to build a stadium of it's own. Does anyone know if there are any definate plans, i.e. has a site for the ground been chosen, has planning permisson been applied for?

I ask this because I saw a comment on the site's guest book which read:

"Dont be shy buying the shares this project is a real chance to put the Vikings on the map for ever.If fully subsciped Europe might only be around corner."

It was by a person who calles himself "The Chairman". I don't know if he is an official of the club or just a punter on the internet site but his post put me thinking. It is very bad practice to use capital income (such as a share offer) to pay for current spending (such as buying and paying players in order to qualify for europe).

I am writing this post becaust I'd find it surprising if a club as well run as dcfc were to put short term gain such as qualifying for europe ahead of sound financial managment. I may well be reading too much into a post on the internet as I don't know the identity of the poster, so I suppose my main question is to do with the clubs long term stadium plans. What does the club plan to do with the cash raised by the share offer?

pete
16/03/2004, 1:35 PM
Originally posted by Bald Student
I was wondering about the 2 million euro share offer I saw on it.

I heard 2m mentioned last week & sounded like was 2m for 25% of the club?

Dublin City ain't worth 2m let alone 8m!

:rolleyes:

Ringo
17/03/2004, 5:58 AM
its worth what people will pay for it;)

drummerboy
01/04/2004, 3:25 PM
What exactly would buying shares in Dublin City entitle you to?

Breifne
01/04/2004, 5:11 PM
What exactly would buying shares in Dublin City entitle you to?

take a look at the website www.dublincityfc.net

its all there

pete
01/04/2004, 5:30 PM
The function in Home Farm's clubhouse

:D

"We have plans to build a stadium of our own

Do ye actually have plans or are they aspirations?

p.s. i'm not gonna read all the prospectus to find out.