PDA

View Full Version : Derry's Licence

Macy
16/03/2004, 8:25 AM
Interesting to see that Wayne Russell is taking a case against Derry saying he's owed wages. Also, it would appear that Galway haven't received compensation due for Murphy.

I thought you couldn't get a licence if you owed money to players or if you owed transfer money to clubs?

dortie
16/03/2004, 9:21 AM
Originally posted by Macy
Interesting to see that Wayne Russell is taking a case against Derry saying he's owed wages. Also, it would appear that Galway haven't received compensation due for Murphy.

I thought you couldn't get a licence if you owed money to players or if you owed transfer money to clubs?

We brought Russell in quickly to replace Alan Gough (As Keely would not work with him), we paid Kildare 10,000 euros in order to secure his services straight away, at that stage no contract was signed as Russell had already moved clubs once. Russell got a serious Injury after only 70 minutes for Derry against Cork and was out for the season. Derry City paid for his medical bills in Dublin plus paid him a weekly wage for the remainder of the season.
Naturally after the season ended we released Russell as no formal contract had been agreed.
Russelll is now claiming we gave him a verbal agreement that he was contracted for another season. If you ask me we were good enough to pay him for the remainder of the season never mind pay all his medical bills......hes ripping the arse out of this now, if its true.

As for Alan Murphy....lets Just see if he plays on Friday...!!!

Macy...why dont you join the license board of control, you seem to know more about it than they do.

Macy
16/03/2004, 9:30 AM
I asked the question about owing wages/ transfer fees. My understanding of it was that to get a licence you had to owe nothing to players/clubs? Sure I thought you Derry lads were the experts on the licencing, so maybe you can clarify? ;)

Regardless of the dispute about the verbal contract, why wouldn't you pay him and his medical bills if he's playing for you? Sure rip up agreements when a player gets injured - its the way to go.

On the Murphy thing, I do think it's a bit of red herring myself, as it'll go to tribunal if a fee can't be agreed. Not sure how releasing his registration works though. If they have to release it, I don't see how he can play without you getting points deducted.

MariborKev
16/03/2004, 11:17 AM
Macy,

Derry have made Galway an offer of compensation- if it isn't accepted it will go to Tribunal.

How do we owe money to players or clubs? We paid Russell's wages and we paid Kildare(why we paid €10k for a 35yr old I will never know) but it was paid

thecorner
16/03/2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by dortie
Russell got a serious Injury after only 70 minutes for Derry against Cork and was out for the season.

and to think when he went down injured during that game we thought he was spoofing and trying to waste time

SÓC
16/03/2004, 11:30 AM
Probally didnt help it by coming back onto the pitch and then going down and off straight away.

dortie
16/03/2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
and to think when he went down injured during that game we thought he was spoofing and trying to waste time

Thats you Cork boys all the time, no consideration for the Injured ;)

A face
16/03/2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by dortie
We brought Russell in quickly to replace Alan Gough (As Keely would not work with him), we paid Kildare 10,000 euros in order to secure his services straight away, at that stage no contract was signed as Russell had already moved clubs once. Russell got a serious Injury after only 70 minutes for Derry against Cork and was out for the season. Derry City paid for his medical bills in Dublin plus paid him a weekly wage for the remainder of the season.
Naturally after the season ended we released Russell as no formal contract had been agreed.
Russelll is now claiming we gave him a verbal agreement that he was contracted for another season. If you ask me we were good enough to pay him for the remainder of the season never mind pay all his medical bills......hes ripping the arse out of this now, if its true.

As for Alan Murphy....lets Just see if he plays on Friday...!!!

Macy...why dont you join the license board of control, you seem to know more about it than they do.

Well if that is the case, then players shouldn't be allowed play for a club unless there is some sort of contract in place !1

corkharps
17/03/2004, 10:05 PM
Monkeymen as Stewarts,Ballboys all named Damien,Compulsive lying Chairman,€10k donations to other clubs,Dana,2 managers in one season and Dickie Dykes,Dortie,No assets what so ever,Phil Coulter,they beat us far too regularly,If youre injured **** off,Dogs Dogs Dogs,half a ground which they dont own,Sweet Chariot,Undertones-new pop sensation,Phil Coulter,the Buncrana rd,Good Friday Disagreement,Minister for Education,Take your oilhey,Dhss,BUT they go to Mass on Sundays.Choose now!:D

dcfc_legend9
19/03/2004, 9:13 AM
corkharps

Monkeymen as Stewarts,Ballboys all named Damien,Compulsive lying Chairman,€10k donations to other clubs,Dana,2 managers in one season and Dickie Dykes,Dortie,No assets what so ever,Phil Coulter,they beat us far too regularly,If youre injured **** off,Dogs Dogs Dogs,half a ground which they dont own,Sweet Chariot,Undertones-new pop sensation,Phil Coulter,the Buncrana rd,Good Friday Disagreement,Minister for Education,Take your oilhey,Dhss,BUT they go to Mass on Sundays.Choose now!

theres only one sentence that could describe youse *******s your sheep shagging, cop licking, farm yard *******s. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!