PDA

View Full Version : Lawless Ireland - Football Violence

EivissaPaul
19/01/2010, 12:31 AM
Did anybody watch this show on TV3 last night? I felt it to be a bit unfair to both Rovers and bohs. Both clubs spend alot of time and effort working to combat this problem and this was not portrayed at all! Also Rovers and bohs seem to be the only clubs mentioned, no mention of St Pats, Dundalk, Cork etc..

juan
19/01/2010, 12:39 AM
The CCC were tucked up in bed the night TV3 wanted to film them.

dong
19/01/2010, 2:04 AM
That show isn't worthy of a thread here. Was on before and done to death here at the time. I think the general consensus was that it was a **** poor show with little substance. TV3, who would have guessed?

CJTheGull
19/01/2010, 9:17 AM
Yeah - it was a repeat it was on originally about a year ago. In fairness, pretty much anything on TV3 is a pretty poor standard of journalism (in my opinion) so the badly researched and cringe-worthy sprogramme is to be expected from television's version of 'The Sunday Wurdeld'.

thischarmingman
19/01/2010, 10:50 AM
Previous thread here:

http://foot.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=113437&highlight=lawless

corkboy360
19/01/2010, 11:39 AM
The CCC were tucked up in bed the night TV3 wanted to film them.
And Corks "Ultras" were condoning the use of flares at the time :p

EivissaPaul
19/01/2010, 12:52 PM
Oh sorry, I didn't realise it had already been done..

juan
19/01/2010, 12:54 PM
And Corks "Ultras" were condoning the use of flares at the time :p
"Carebears 84" :rolleyes:

eamo1
19/01/2010, 1:07 PM
Was that the same programme that used Bebo as one of its sources for all of this supposed violence?When i seen them using Bebo i just started laughing.If it was the same programme then it was on around a year ago and tv3 got a few emails after it from people here contesting their claims.I cant believe they showed it again.

Riddickcule
19/01/2010, 3:53 PM
No mention of the BCS either.

sheao
19/01/2010, 10:07 PM
Was that the same programme that used Bebo as one of its sources for all of this supposed violence?When i seen them using Bebo i just started laughing.If it was the same programme then it was on around a year ago and tv3 got a few emails after it from people here contesting their claims.I cant believe they showed it again.

Yeah i think it was the same one as the one broadcasted last year. If it is then all they showed on that one was the groups on bebo and they filmed trouble at a bohs v rovers match. It's being shown next week for anybody that want's to watch it.

corkboy360
20/01/2010, 12:26 AM
"Carebears 84" :rolleyes:
Gone to the dogs.....No Ultras at all.

Macy
21/01/2010, 9:43 AM
Gone to the dogs.....No Ultras at all.
Splitters!

danthesaint
21/01/2010, 9:50 AM
Did anybody watch this show on TV3 last night? I felt it to be a bit unfair to both Rovers and bohs. Both clubs spend alot of time and effort working to combat this problem and this was not portrayed at all! Also Rovers and bohs seem to be the only clubs mentioned, no mention of St Pats, Dundalk, Cork etc..
dont really remember crowd trouble involving pats fans tbh.

stovelid
21/01/2010, 10:23 AM
dont really remember crowd trouble involving pats fans tbh.

Don't even remember crowds involving pats fans to be honest.

marinobohs
22/01/2010, 2:43 PM
There wasn't trouble at the Rovers Bohs games that they sent a camera crew to, thats the point. Hence the Bebo and youtube content.
vaguely remember the (totally crap) programme from its original showing. Was there not some shape throwing at the Tolka game (shock, horror, gasp) ? The rest consisted of BEBO and YOUTUBE rubbish. I think there was some Garda report at the time about "Football violence in the LOI" and TV 3 were trying to hype it up.

peadar1987
22/01/2010, 4:47 PM
vaguely remember the (totally crap) programme from its original showing. Was there not some shape throwing at the Tolka game (shock, horror, gasp) ? The rest consisted of BEBO and YOUTUBE rubbish. I think there was some Garda report at the time about "Football violence in the LOI" and TV 3 were trying to hype it up.

It was much worse than that. Someone's wheelie bin got knocked over, all the way to the ground.

juan
27/01/2010, 11:50 PM
Splitters!

What ever happened to the popular front?