15/03/2004, 1:04 PM
From the Drogheda "Terrace Talk" section -

"With the best manager in Ireland at the helm...":D :D

Schumi
15/03/2004, 1:18 PM
What's it say for us?

pineapple stu
15/03/2004, 4:41 PM
Says a play-off spot "is definitely within reach" (obviously written before the league change - well done to the FAI for that...), while Pete Mahon sounds pessimistic and says -

"Without a doubt there is far too much experience in this league at the moment for us to make an immediate return to the Premier Division. Looking at it realistically, the two teams battling for the title will be Finn Harps and Bray Wanderers. That's three play-offs for Harps and any fair-minded person would say that they deserve to go up. I would like to see us finishing in the top half of the league but there are no pre-conceived ideas here. We have a lot of young players who need time to bed in. I look upon this season and maybe next season as transitional for UCD."

What was he saying on Saturday night? Can't quite remember myself...

Schumi
15/03/2004, 5:20 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
What was he saying on Saturday night? Can't quite remember myself... Can't remember off hand myself but he was more positive than that anyway! Think he said it'd be between us, Harps, Bray and Dundalk, much like everyone else.

I got the magazine since I posted earlier, looks good but not much reading in it really.