PDA

View Full Version : Official eircom league Guide

sadloserkid
15/03/2004, 12:20 PM
In today's Star. Have only flicked through it so far but it looks to pee-pee on the Mirror's effort from a considerable height...

paudie
15/03/2004, 12:23 PM
The mirrors effort was modest to say the least.

Xlex
15/03/2004, 12:31 PM
Doesn't matter much because there both token efforts...

The Star produces a similar size premiership Mag every Monday...

Dodge
15/03/2004, 2:22 PM
The one on Saturday was by the PFAI (not the mirror) and today's one was done by the league (not the star) They used those papers for distribution.

Pablo
15/03/2004, 2:41 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
The one on Saturday was by the PFAI (not the mirror) and today's one was done by the league (not the star) They used those papers for distribution.

Todays one in the Star is a good read. fair play. credit where its due like

max power
15/03/2004, 3:11 PM
does anyone know why the shels jersies on the front cover haven't got dulex on them ????

A face
15/03/2004, 3:32 PM
I just went to the shop to pick up a copy and they were all sold out ..... but there were a stack of mags left (they forgeot to give them out) so if anyone wants one shouts shout and i'll pick up a copy for you.

Xlex
15/03/2004, 3:53 PM
In that case, it's a great read....

Noticed the dulux thing myself but Shels didn't have the sponsor for the final game last year...

adamcarr
15/03/2004, 6:15 PM
Originally posted by Xlex
Doesn't matter much because there both token efforts...

The Star produces a similar size premiership Mag every Monday...
Its a 32 page prem mag and todays was a 72 page eircom league mag :rolleyes:

Martinho II
15/03/2004, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by max power
does anyone know why the shels jersies on the front cover haven't got dulex on them ????

I cannot explain why not but I know that Shels have new shirt sponsors for the new season maybe the old sponsorship deal expired when they won the championship last .

btw a very good mag produced by the mag, hear that the clubs will be distirbuting these out at the start of the new season at all their home games...

TommyT
15/03/2004, 11:53 PM
Apparently Dulux's deal ran out last season but they were still on the jersies as it was the old set :rolleyes:

Dodge
16/03/2004, 12:59 PM
Were the cleaners holding their kit ransom as well Tommy?

TommyT
16/03/2004, 1:07 PM
I think you'll find that the truth was that the cleaners couldn't bear to let go of the hallowed hooped shirts since they got the reflected glory of having the playing gear of Ireland's most famous football club on their premises. :D

Dodge
16/03/2004, 1:54 PM
yeah, probably only brought you to court to prolong the association.

;)

4tothefloor
16/03/2004, 2:45 PM
The Star's effort is peppered with mistakes though. If you read through it you'll see that alot of facts and figures are wrong, and profiles are based on last season rather than this season. e.g. jersey colours etc.

Éanna
16/03/2004, 4:13 PM
As with everything else thats happened in the last few years, like eircom League weekly and so on, they're far from perfect, but a big improvement on the past. Things like these have to be welcomed, because people are putting time and money into them, so all we can do is hope and help that they become better in the future.

TommyT
16/03/2004, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
yeah, probably only brought you to court to prolong the association.

;)

No doubt you can empathise with their actions since you and your club are similarly privilaged.