PDA

View Full Version : New signings/departures

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Town Legend
12/01/2010, 1:36 PM
Well Lads. Its been a while since I've been on here and was looking up to see who we had signed. From what I was hearing from Cousins he'd have most of his squad in place early January.

So thought I'd open up a new page for transfers as they were in other pages under different headings!!! So anyone know who's left, who's been kept and who's been signed?!!!

sorbothegreek
13/01/2010, 8:56 AM
http://www.ltfc.ie/news/article/?id=2fe420b6-d4be-4771-84ed-2cf727e244a6

Martinho II
13/01/2010, 9:26 AM
some interesting names there.. I think Philip byrne was with Kildare Co... Derek Tyrell was at Bray with Deans... Deans,Lester and Hynes were all tipped to move on this thread!! Hyland fellow is the fellow that played in the USA that was also mentioned on this thread..

Anyone know anything about Stephen Conlon?

brill news that Daisy and Kev Cronin are staying..

RockofGibraltar
13/01/2010, 9:42 AM
i remember seein derek tyrell a few times and i was laways impressed..think he was very good set-piece taker if I remember correctly..wasnt he with shels aswell?

Martinho II
13/01/2010, 10:05 AM
i remember seein derek tyrell a few times and i was laways impressed..think he was very good set-piece taker if I remember correctly..wasnt he with shels aswell?

I believe so!

Martinho II
13/01/2010, 10:25 AM
pity the website didnt say what clubs the lads came from but I will try my best!

derek tyrell and chris deans came from Bray..

Philip Byrne from Sporting fingal
john Lester from St Pats
Peter Hynes from Shelbourne#
Thomas Hyland last played for a club in America?? see prev post on this forum which says University of Memphsis...

Stephen Conlon unsure??

can anyone fill the gaps??

Longfordian
13/01/2010, 11:03 AM
A bit of digging unearths Stephen Conlon and Thomas Hyland playing for Shamrock Rovers A. Presumably it's the same lads.

dublinwanderer
13/01/2010, 12:02 PM
derek tyrell left bray a few years ago. think he has been playing leinster senior league recently. he is a centre back, used be with drogheda, good player when he was with them but never really got in with bray.

deans is a solid strong centre half. i am really dissapointed that bray didnt resign him.

but a lot of bray players dont get on with eddie gormley so i am not surprised they are not re-signing...

Longfordian
13/01/2010, 1:30 PM
Think Tyrell played with Fingal in 2008. Not sure where he was last year. David Tyrrell is the midfielder.

Rocky77
13/01/2010, 9:20 PM
Matt Gregg was approached but turned us down....

Acornvilla
13/01/2010, 9:36 PM
feck you matt who needs ya!

Longfordian
14/01/2010, 12:20 AM

Yeah with all due respect he should be able to do better he's a Premier standard keeper. I'm just going on his lack of signing for anyone else as yet but if Shanahan saw his way to signing for us again that would be very welcome I reckon in terms of a first choice keeper.

Acornvilla
14/01/2010, 8:04 AM
hes the best keeper i think i have ever seen play for us honestly.. just great naturl ability a good kickout and a good talker

Martinho II
14/01/2010, 9:23 AM
Think Tyrell played with Fingal in 2008. Not sure where he was last year. David Tyrrell is the midfielder.

was derek tyrrell the player that moved from shels to bray? I looked up the Bray website and saw that Tyrell wasnt on their panel last season.. For some reason I thought he was with them..

Longfordian
14/01/2010, 11:26 AM
No that was David I think.

Town Legend
14/01/2010, 11:33 AM
I think there's a trial scheduled for this weekend weather permitting.

Acornvilla
14/01/2010, 12:35 PM
can i play? :D

Martinho II
14/01/2010, 1:56 PM
I think there's a trial scheduled for this weekend weather permitting.

wheres the trial do you know?
see that Stephen Conlon is a goalkeeper and Thomas Hyland is a defender..

total hoofball
14/01/2010, 2:37 PM

Derek Tyrrell was playing with Malahide United in the LSL in 2009. He was previously with Leeds United until 2005, Drogheda from 2005-2006, Bray in 2007, Sporting Fingal in 2008

David Tyrrell is the midfielder, he has previously played for Shels, Bray, Shamrock Rovers, Finn Harps and most recently Athlone Town.

Town Legend
14/01/2010, 2:41 PM
wheres the trial do you know?
see that Stephen Conlon is a goalkeeper and Thomas Hyland is a defender..

I'm not sure, could be Flancare. Wherever it is/was supposed to be the pitch was still frozen and if the cold snap comes this weekend that's promised it will more than likely not go ahead.

Martinho II
14/01/2010, 3:36 PM
i have heard from a reliable source that town are training in Newbridge for the coming season. It would make sense I suppose. I heard also from the same source that Jason McCartney is staying with us too which is great news as he had a good season for us..

Longfordian
14/01/2010, 3:47 PM
Yeah handy enough for both Dublin and Midlands based players. Jason McCartney was one of our better performers last year alright, I'd be happy enough to have him around.

Acornvilla
14/01/2010, 3:57 PM
lads somthings wrong... im feeling optomistic?..... and my tempratures grand??

Town Legend
14/01/2010, 4:40 PM
Any word on where Tom King will be playing this season. From what I seen of him he'd be another I'd keep on.

Also, anyone know if the 2 local lads, Lee and Murphy are staying on?

Acornvilla
14/01/2010, 4:49 PM
tom is good enough for prmier division football IMOso it would be great if ye could keep hold of him.. such a hard worker

Keen2win
14/01/2010, 5:36 PM
Lee is stayin on according to a friend that was talkind to him in the gym!

Keen2win
14/01/2010, 6:46 PM
lads somthings wrong... im feeling optomistic?..... and my tempratures grand??

I'v felt like this every off season since joining foot.ie! I'm starting to see sense now, tho.

Martinho II
15/01/2010, 6:38 PM
tom is good enough for prmier division football IMOso it would be great if ye could keep hold of him.. such a hard worker

with tom based in Galway I am not sure how he can commit to training in Newbridge.. I heard that Galway Utd are sniffing around him...

Cabs88
15/01/2010, 6:48 PM
Some very good signings made, although its early yet. When ya see waterford signing a player like Liam Kearney, you know we'll still be up against it this season.. Still tho we can be optimistic..
As a side note, from what ive heard, the team will be trainin in Maynooth this year..

Martinho II
15/01/2010, 7:49 PM
Some very good signings made, although its early yet. When ya see waterford signing a player like Liam Kearney, you know we'll still be up against it this season.. Still tho we can be optimistic..
As a side note, from what ive heard, the team will be trainin in Maynooth this year..

thats interesting that.. I heard the rumour about Newbridge from a friend thats friendly with one of our players but I could be wrong too... It will be interesting to see what happens!!

Frank76
15/01/2010, 10:40 PM
Gary Curran and Adrian Murphy are training with us. Their not signed but have been training the last 2 sessions with us. I remember Murphy played with us a few seasons back and was prolific in front of goal but don't think he had the best of seasons last year. What about Curran?

Also we have a lad from Granard, i think training with us. Think his name is Lynch. Would that be the Lynch lad who ye had last season. Was told he used to play with ye but it wasn't the lad from last season. Was told he was playing GAA the last few years.

De Town
15/01/2010, 10:45 PM
Curran can be hit and miss. Wouldn't mind keeping him tbh but wouldn't be losing too much sleep if we lost him. The Lynch we had last season was Liam Lynch, from Ballinasloe.

Longfordian
15/01/2010, 10:46 PM
Murph did ok last year, wouldn't mind keeping him around. Played a lot of games on the right wing. Curran was decent enough as well, scored a few goals from midfield, didn't excel really but he wasn't bad. The other lad sounds like Stephen Lynch. Played for us in 2001 in the UEFA Cup then went to UCD. Never did much there, he then played for the county GAA team for a while and as far as I know has been doing nothing much sports wise in the last couple of years.

Frank76
15/01/2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah think its Stephen Lynch. He was training with us the last few weeks. Apparently he's been playing with Spartak Granard or something like that in your District league.

Longfordian
15/01/2010, 10:58 PM
I see. I'd have my doubts about whether he'd do anything at LOI level, he was never the most motivated but you never know. No harm in taking a look at him from your point of view.

Rocky77
16/01/2010, 3:39 AM
Stephen Lynch was a good underage player but never was good enough at LoI level. Came on as a sub against Litex Lovech in the UEFA Cup then went to UCD where he never got a sniff.

Adrian Murphy is hoping to go to college in the UK come summer time so you won't have him for a full season regardless.

In other news, Aaron Shanahan is signing back....

De Town
16/01/2010, 8:43 AM

That's good news. :)

Acornvilla
16/01/2010, 9:35 AM
That's good news. :)
most important signing er havent had a relly good keeper in a whyle it will make a big diffrence defencivly woop! :D

Longfordian
16/01/2010, 10:35 AM
Good news alright. He'd have been high up on the list of players to keep from last year.

Acornvilla
16/01/2010, 11:38 AM
Good news alright. He'd have been high up on the list of players to keep from last year.
now most importantly whats the story with mccarthy and king??

Rocky77
16/01/2010, 12:29 PM
Wouldn't have thought McCarthy had any interest in coming back somehow, he would see himself playing at a higher level.

King is living and studying in Galway and isn't coming back this season as there's too much travel involved for him...

L.T.F.C.
16/01/2010, 12:40 PM
Wouldn't have thought McCarthy had any interest in coming back somehow, he would see himself playing at a higher level.

King is living and studying in Galway and isn't coming back this season as there's too much travel involved for him...

thats a cnut.

Longfordian
16/01/2010, 1:23 PM
Don't see McCarthy getting into a Premier Division team at the moment personally. He is talented but he makes a lot of mistakes. He's still young so he may improve but at the moment he wouldn't get his game at that level I reckon. Galway could do a lot worse than signing up Tom King as an option for their squad.

Martinho II
17/01/2010, 4:34 PM
Stephen Lynch was a good underage player but never was good enough at LoI level. Came on as a sub against Litex Lovech in the UEFA Cup then went to UCD where he never got a sniff.

Adrian Murphy is hoping to go to college in the UK come summer time so you won't have him for a full season regardless.

thats super news about Shanahan as hes better than Danny O'Leary.. with the other goalie being Thomas Hyland i assume O'Learys not coming back..

Thats interesting about Adrian Murphy training with ye. He was top scorer for Athlone during his one season with them in 2004. I would be sorry to see Murph and Gary Curran leave if thats the case but its the managers perogrative.Stephen Lynch made only one appearance for us senior wise .

Its beginning to take shape now...

Tallanted
17/01/2010, 5:03 PM
Hyland is a defender, here's his bio below

http://www.gotigersgo.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/hyland_thomas00.html

Martinho II
17/01/2010, 5:18 PM
Hyland is a defender, here's his bio below

http://www.gotigersgo.com/sports/m-soccer/mtt/hyland_thomas00.html

impressive research there tallanted.. I apologise for thinkin he was a goalie but someone posted before that he was a goalkeeper.. :(

Tallanted
17/01/2010, 5:21 PM
impressive research there tallanted.. I apologise for thinkin he was a goalie but someone posted before that he was a goalkeeper.. :(

Stephen Conlon is a goalkeeper, he was Rovers A team sub keeper last season as far as i know

Longfordian
17/01/2010, 6:35 PM
Hope Hyland "tallies assists" with some "serves" for us

Acornvilla
17/01/2010, 10:02 PM
were putting togther a decent squad i think theres certianlly more potential than last year id be hapy with upper mid table obsourity and some cup runs i think

Martinho II
18/01/2010, 3:57 PM
Stephen Conlon is a goalkeeper, he was Rovers A team sub keeper last season as far as i know

thats the person that I remember now.. I simply got mixed up on that one..