PDA

View Full Version : Let's have a mad guess.

Sam_Heggy
08/01/2010, 3:22 PM
This has to be the hardest prediction thingy in years.
Who will be in what division?

At the minute I just can't decide, you have:

Premier Division pretty much safely guranteed:

UCD
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers
St Pats
Dundalk
Drogheda United

First Division Pretty much guaranteed:

Finn Harps
Monaghan United
Longford Town
Athlone
Waterford United
Limerick
Mervue United
Wexford Youths

In Limbo: this is the fun one (obviously not so much fun for the supporters of respective clubs):

Bohemians - It couldn't be taken seriously without them surely? :p
Cork City - If you don't know why, you have 90 pages of soap opera gold.
Derry City - pretty sure first division
Bray Wanderers - could yet be promoted
Shelbourne - Same as Bray maybe?
Galway United - lots of Rumours floating about.
Salthill Devon - will they be in the first division or stay in A League? If they don't go in, who takes their place? Tralee Dynamo's (or Kerry County), Cobh Ramblers, FC Carlow, Tullamore, etc.
Sporting Fingal - Following an intense discussion with Pineapple-stu

Lots of clubs biting the nails waiting for the licences to be handed out.

pineapple stu
08/01/2010, 3:25 PM
Don't forget Sporting Fingal didn't get a Premier Division licence last year because of Morton. I agree I think they're safe with their promotion, but it'd be nice to make the "In limbo" list even longer. :)

Sam_Heggy
08/01/2010, 3:30 PM
Don't forget Sporting Fingal didn't get a Premier Division licence last year because of Morton. I agree I think they're safe with their promotion, but it'd be nice to make the "In limbo" list even longer. :)

Done :)

EnglishSource
08/01/2010, 3:34 PM
Interesting rumour of no compo being agreed between the tangerines and the oranges. Fenlon will walk in that scenario, which asks plenty of questions about his bonus payments. How will that effect the SCP?

osarusan
08/01/2010, 4:00 PM
Limerick will be in the premier in 3 years. You heard it here first folks. Make it your signatures if you like, to keep my statement in the public domain. 3 years, maybe less:)

bluewhitearmy
08/01/2010, 4:11 PM
Limerick will be in the premier in 3 years. You heard it here first folks. Make it your signatures if you like, to keep my statement in the public domain. 3 years, maybe less:)

Promise?

fionnsci
08/01/2010, 4:31 PM
What about your ground? Do you plan to be in the Markets Field by then?

osarusan
08/01/2010, 4:33 PM
What about your ground? Do you plan to be in the Markets Field by then?
These little details are insignificant.

total hoofball
08/01/2010, 5:25 PM

I don't think it is, remember this is the FAI's circus of a league and going on precident from the Drogheda and Cork sham from last season I would be certain Bohs and Cork City will be playing in Premier Division this season no matter what unless a seriously dodgy Derry City-esque scandal arises. Sporting Fingal will play at Morton because the FAI have invested too much energy in them to shaft them at this particular stage and the new Derry Franchise are all but guaranteed First Division football. Nothing seems to be substantive on the 'rumours' about Galway and they have a big plus that their participation in the PD will be important geographically so I reckon the lineup of both leagues will remain as planned for this season coming.

passerrby
08/01/2010, 5:34 PM
let me see mm.........

prem div
shamrock rovers

and the rest are unsure

roinuj
08/01/2010, 5:58 PM
so what clubs will get what licences then?
waterford united already have the premier one in the bank :p

theres only one john delaney :D

culloty82
08/01/2010, 6:19 PM
Who will be in what division?

At the minute I just can't decide, you have:

Premier Division pretty much safely guranteed:

UCD
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers
St Pats
Dundalk
Drogheda United

First Division Pretty much guaranteed:

Finn Harps
Monaghan United
Longford Town
Athlone
Waterford United
Limerick
Mervue United
Wexford Youths

In Limbo: this is the fun one (obviously not so much fun for the supporters of respective clubs):

Bohemians - It couldn't be taken seriously without them surely? :p
Cork City - If you don't know why, you have 90 pages of soap opera gold.
Derry City - pretty sure first division
Bray Wanderers - could yet be promoted
Shelbourne - Same as Bray maybe?
Galway United - lots of Rumours floating about.
Salthill Devon - will they be in the first division or stay in A League? If they don't go in, who takes their place? Tralee Dynamo's (or Kerry County), Cobh Ramblers, FC Carlow, Tullamore, etc.
Sporting Fingal - Following an intense discussion with Pineapple-stu

Lots of clubs biting the nails waiting for the licences to be handed out.

I'd say Bohs, Bray and Fingal are fairly safe for the Premier, couldn't comment on Galway but more likely than Shelbourne. Derry and some Cork set-up will probably be in the First Division, if Salthill don't go in, I'd say only Cobh could replace them/be interested at such short notice.

jebus
08/01/2010, 6:24 PM
What's the rumours about Galway?

Sam_Heggy
08/01/2010, 6:53 PM

Seemingly it's a city and they make considerably better football DVD's than Dundalk.

Martinho II
09/01/2010, 7:08 PM

rumours about Galway was that there they will be in the first division but there was a small piece in one of the tabloids today that Galway Utd will be ready to get a premier division licence. I cant remember the circumstances involved the Galway fans would explain it better than me..

Riddickcule
09/01/2010, 8:15 PM
I'm guessing Dalymount.

The Lep
09/01/2010, 8:26 PM
Where will Fingal play?

You asked that elswhere and got an answer so why bother asking again.?

MORTON.

gufc2000
09/01/2010, 8:54 PM
rumours about Galway was that there they will be in the first division but there was a small piece in one of the tabloids today that Galway Utd will be ready to get a premier division licence. I cant remember the circumstances involved the Galway fans would explain it better than me..
Dead on there Martinho.

The club have issues with the taxmen that need sorting, but they are expected to be settled by the end of the month

The Lep
09/01/2010, 9:04 PM
It would be harsh on Galway seeing that Cork got a licence last year and still havent sorted things out .

Sam_Heggy
09/01/2010, 9:10 PM
You asked that elswhere and got an answer so why bother asking again.?

MORTON.

But were Fingal not denied a Prem Licence last season due to the fact that the pitch in the Morton is too small with no room for expansion?

GalwayRed
09/01/2010, 9:10 PM
I reckon Bray will replace Cork in the premier division and thats it. I'm definitely not going to get my hopes up on us getting a premier division spot.

The Lep
09/01/2010, 9:15 PM
But were Fingal not denied a Prem Licence last season due to the fact that the pitch in the Morton is too small with no room for expansion?

Ye, something like that. The planning permission for the new stadium in Lusk has gone in i think so it may be on the same basis as Drogheda got theirs. It could still come back and bite us in the arse in a few weeks when we find out for sure,much to the delight of a few heads on here :D

The Lep
09/01/2010, 9:17 PM
I reckon Bray will replace Cork in the premier division and thats it. I'm definitely not going to get my hopes up on us getting a premier division spot.

Thats assuming they do get demoted. Ive a horrible feeling that they will strike lucky.

GalwayRed
09/01/2010, 9:26 PM
Thats assuming they do get demoted. Ive a horrible feeling that they will strike lucky.
I think they've run out of lives at this stage. But you never know with the FAI.

Buile Shuibhne
09/01/2010, 10:11 PM
Ye, something like that. The planning permission for the new stadium in Lusk has gone in i think so it may be on the same basis as Drogheda got theirs. It could still come back and bite us in the arse in a few weeks when we find out for sure,much to the delight of a few heads on here :D

No such planning application has been lodged - check with your buddies in Fingal County Council - it's all available online.

The Lep
09/01/2010, 10:27 PM
I bet you being a shels fan just checked didnt you :D

The Lep
10/01/2010, 8:18 AM
EH?:confused:

Dalymountrower
10/01/2010, 9:10 AM

I heard that the original proposed deal for the site in Lusk has fallen through and that they are looking for an alternative site off the Lusk by-pass. No where near planning permission if thats the case.

The Lep
10/01/2010, 9:33 AM
Sooner the better its built and hope it doesnt go the same way as Drogheda's.
As i said earlier, it could come back and bite us in the arse in a few weeks much to the delight of some but i was told we will be at morton so fingers crossed its with a premier licence and not a demotion back to the first as the stick on here would be too much to take especially if shels gets our spot instead :D

Dalymountrower
10/01/2010, 9:37 AM
Sooner the better its built and hope it doesnt go the same way as Drogheda's.
As i said earlier, it could come back and bite us in the arse in a few weeks much to the delight of some but i was told we will be at morton so fingers crossed its with a premier licence and not a demotion back to the first as the stick on here would be too much to take especially if shels gets our spot instead :D

You could share Tolka with Shels?;)

The Lep
10/01/2010, 9:41 AM
No thanks, pitch 12 in the phoenix park would be better .;)

The pitch at tolka doesnt seem any bigger than Morton's. How much shorter is the morton pitch?

Sam_Heggy
10/01/2010, 11:02 AM

On that note, will Drogs get a Prem Licence?
Was the work carried out on the ground?
Sorry if I missed that post/thread in the past.

Jofspring
10/01/2010, 11:34 AM
Premier:

Bohemians
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers
Sporting Fingal
Dundalk
Drogheda Utd
Galway Utd
Bray Wanderers
St. Pats
UCD

First Division:

Shelbourne
Waterford Utd
Limerick FC
Athlone Town
Derry City
Cork City
Longford Town
Mervue Utd
Salthill Devon
Finn Harps
Wexford Youths
Monaghan Utd

I'd take a good punt at that being the two divisions for next season. Cork City i think have to go down bringing Bray straight back up. Barr that i think the FAI will make sure anyone else with doubts over their license will get them due to some stipulation or loop hole.

weecountyman
10/01/2010, 11:50 AM
The Lusk ground is a 4,000 all seater, stands on 2 sides, with a running track? Or did I just see a different mock up?

ndrog
10/01/2010, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Sam_Heggy;1303532]On that note, will Drogs get a Prem Licence?
Was the work carried out on the ground?
Sorry if I missed that post/thread in the past.[/QUOTE

Yes we will , the fai own the ground ( when it suits us ) so its up to them to carry out the necessary work on the ground . Great ground by the way , best atmosphere in the leauge :D

shep
10/01/2010, 1:53 PM
I think Cork are gonna stay in Prem and divisions will stay as they currently are:(

gufc2000
10/01/2010, 7:29 PM
I think the appointment of Sean Connor pretty much indicates we'll be in the Premier next year

PartySaint
10/01/2010, 8:02 PM
I sort of want Cork to get a premier division licence just too see what Roddy does down there

marinobohs
11/01/2010, 10:49 AM
I sort of want Cork to get a premier division licence just too see what Roddy does down there

Yep, feel the same myself. While it is obviously difficult for all involved in the club the ongoing "circus by the Lee" never ceases to entertain :) the addition of Roddy to this scenario is potentially comedy gold.

Kildareman
11/01/2010, 5:28 PM
Premier Division

Bohs
Cork City
Galway United
Sporting Fingal
UCD
Shamrock Rovers
Sligo Rovers
St Pats
Dundalk