PDA

View Full Version : Programme and fanzine

ccfcman
20/10/2001, 12:29 PM
There has been a rift at the 'cross recently over the issue of programs.Should the official program retain the monopoly or do we allow the new unofficial(4-5-1) be sold to the fans?we must remeber our freedom of speecg......

Neil
20/10/2001, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
or do we allow the new unofficial(4-5-1) be sold to the fans?
The fanzine is being sold to fans. I don't think the club can stop them selling it?

What do you mean "There has been a rift at the 'cross recently over the issue of programs"?

Gary
20/10/2001, 2:47 PM
I don't think you've exactly checked your facts ccfcman. As far as I could see last sunday and previous to that most people who had a fanzine also had an official programme.

James
20/10/2001, 7:55 PM
ccfcman Please explain this to me. What's going on or what happened to make you think this. Jeeze you go away for a few weeks !! Before i left I always bought a programme as well as a fanzine and most people around me that i could see bought both also.

what rift?

you also said

Should the official program retain the monopoly
what's that about? from what I thought a fanzine is by definition a fanzine whereas a programme is a bloodt programme.
It's like comparing rice crispies to corn flakes. true they are both cereals from kellogs, just as the fanzine and the programme are publications about CCFC, but essentially they are different

get it?

:D

Gerry Desmond
23/10/2001, 12:29 PM
For there to be a rift there would have had to have been a union of some sort first...

As mentioned already, both publications are available to the fans on matchdays - one is 'official', produced by the club, the other 'unofficial', produced by a group of fans. AFAIK, both publications sit easily together and certainly there is no ill-will between them that I am aware of.

I welcome the availability of the fanzine, I think the issues to date have been enjoyable and have improved each time. While they are funny and critical of the club, I think that in fairness the have NOT really slaughtered anybody they have been slagging. They made their points without getting dirty and I think those involved should be proud of the line they have so far taken. The humour content is good.

Where'd ya get this rift theory from, btw?

Gerry