PDA

View Full Version : Vantage Club - what are clubs doing?

redron
07/01/2010, 1:21 PM
Limerick FC are running a raffle for a pair of Vantage Club tickets for the year.
Details here (http://www.limerickfc.ie/fundraising/vantageraffle.html)
Looks like it will be an annual raffle.

Are any other clubs doing this?

OneRedArmy
07/01/2010, 1:24 PM
Second prize is 4 Vantage Club tickets.....

Riddickcule
07/01/2010, 7:11 PM
A certain % of the Revenue from this scheme should be put into the Loi.

I'd question the FAI's role over the Loi over the last few years, Seriously have things change that much?

osarusan
07/01/2010, 8:11 PM
Second prize is 4 Vantage Club tickets.....
I don't get what's so unusual / funny about that.

LeixlipRed
07/01/2010, 9:41 PM

I'd question the FAI's role over the Loi over the last few years, Seriously have things change that much?

I've never actually considered if things had change much. You should definitely open a thread so we can discuss that further....

OneRedArmy
07/01/2010, 10:17 PM
I don't get what's so unusual / funny about that.Word on the street is that the Vantage Club seats are selling like, well, the opposite of hotcakes. JD won't release sales figures.

punkrocket
08/01/2010, 9:36 AM
Cold cakes can be a popular enough wee treat.

de bowez
08/01/2010, 9:49 AM

They should move to Summer football aswell.

Alf Honn
08/01/2010, 1:24 PM
Word on the street is that the Vantage Club seats are selling like, well, the opposite of hotcakes. JD won't release sales figures.

Amazing how the recession has changed JD's tactics from originally selling these tkts to people of 'high net worth' to clubs now.

Rest assured if these overly priced tkts were selling well, a running order of sales figures would have been released by the FAI with much fanfare.

Jofspring
08/01/2010, 1:33 PM
Are people missing the point? We know the tickets aren't selling well. Redron just wanted to know if anyone else is running similar draws like this or purchasing a seat. I think its a great idea, for €20 people have a chance of having the seat for a year and if the draw keeps going for the next 10 years it will raise funds over the years not just once off.

Also i have heard the IRFU have sold all their 10 year seats in The Aviva Stadium.

galwayhoop
08/01/2010, 2:00 PM
Limerick FC are running a raffle for a pair of Vantage Club tickets for the year.
Details here (http://www.limerickfc.ie/fundraising/vantageraffle.html)
Looks like it will be an annual raffle.

looks like it will in fact be a bi-annual thing...;)

"Tickets cost €20 each. The draw will be held on the 25th July 2010 at 8pm. Draw venue to be confirmed.

Exclusive to the Ticket Holder, on the Premium Seating Level (From the 1st August to the 31st December 2010):"

Jofspring
08/01/2010, 2:12 PM
what LOI fan wants to "win the opportunity" to be surrounded by the likes of ***** who buy these tickets?

I wouldn't give a ****e who i was sitting next to if i had tickets for a top international qualifier and it only cost me €20 and i'm sure a lot of people feel the same. Its not just open to LOI or Limerick fans either. Anyone can enter it.

Exclusive to the Ticket Holder, on the Premium Seating Level (From the 1st August to the 31st December 2010):"

Ya i was under the impression it was for a year. Still though, 20 euro for a couple of matches that cost 45/50euro+ a game ain't bad.

osarusan
08/01/2010, 3:10 PM
looks like it will in fact be a bi-annual thing...;)

"Tickets cost €20 each. The draw will be held on the 25th July 2010 at 8pm. Draw venue to be confirmed.

From when the stadium opens until the end of the year, maybe? I'd guess that from that point on it will be from Jan 1 to Dec 31. I wonder if tickets will be the same price for the full year (if that is how the draw will work).

Anyhow, to echo what Jofspring said, I think a runner up prize of entry to the next draw isn't a bad idea. Yes, the Vantage Club seats aren't selling like hot cakes, but 20 euro gets you in with a shot of free games for a year. That's not bad, in my opinion.

what LOI fan wants to "win the opportunity" to be surrounded by the likes of ***** who buy these tickets?
I do, and I'd very much doubt I'd be alone in that.

Alf Honn
08/01/2010, 3:47 PM
Looks like fans will be asked to enter plenty of these 'raffles' for the next ten years, as the FAI have been pestering clubs around the country into offloading these tkts.

For example, an adult who plays for a junior team and has a child in a schoolboy club could be asked to enter two separate raffles. And, if he's a Lge of Ire fan, he might be approached to buy one also.

Of course, if these clubs don't sell enough raffle tkts to meet the outlay for vantage tkts, whose pocket gets hit? Not the FAI's anyway.