PDA

View Full Version : Showgrounds Break-In

D Brannigan
06/01/2010, 8:16 PM
:mad: On Monday night last there was a break-at at the Showgrounds.There was a LOT of damage done offices broken into and items taken also the kit room was broken as well and kit taken.This now means that Sligo Rovers will have to spend a lot of money that was meant to do other things repairing damages and replacing items and kit that were taken.If anyone hears or sees anything can they please contact myself(0876172295) or the club on 0719171212 or if anyone can help repair the damage it would be a massive help to the club.:mad:

sligofan4ever
06/01/2010, 8:35 PM
Thats a disgrace :mad: this isn't the first time anything like this has happened either, it happened during the 2008 season. That money could've gone towards signing players, paying current players wages and even improving the ground, but now it has to be used for something else thanks to some stupid, most likely drunken, yobs :mad:. It looks like the club will have to turn to fundraisers to help repair the damage, but considering whats happened, the public shouldn't let this news fall on deaf ears and pitch whatever they can.

sligorover
06/01/2010, 9:14 PM
Have ye checked with Centra across the road to see if their CCTV shows anything? Haven't seen or heard anything but will keep an ear to the ground.

D Brannigan
06/01/2010, 9:47 PM
Setanta/Europa jerseys,bench jackets and new track-suits for A-team and U-20 team.Garda are on the job big time, but thanks for the advice.We have already had an offer of help to do some repairs,to that person Thank-You very very much.KEEP IT UP PLEASE!!!!

Mayo Red
06/01/2010, 10:42 PM
I can't understand the mentality of the scumbags that would do something like this, wasn't there a tractor mower burnt out a couple of years ago in a similar break-in aswell? Disgrace!:mad:

CF1989
06/01/2010, 11:00 PM
my brother paid for gear for us (u20/A team) recently, couple of grand or so, he asked that we support the charity 'Aware' instead of putting his name on them, and asked that we have a flag day in town to raise money for the charity to give something back for the sponsorship from him, so the Aware logo is on the stuff. if anyone happens to see anything anywhere. we spent the day in town the saturday before christmas collecting. big let down now its all been robbed tbh

LondonRover
07/01/2010, 6:40 AM
Scumbags. The best of luck with recovering this stuff. One positive is that it sounds as though a lot of this stuff is pretty recognisable. Why oh why do these people have to cause damage as well (not that stealing's ok but you can see a financial benefit to it - vandalism is just sick and pointless).

Only1Rovers
07/01/2010, 8:34 AM
The gear isn't going to show up.... I'd imagine it was just a mindless job. They might have simply "done it for the craic", with hope of finding a couple of hundred quid or something.

LondonRover
07/01/2010, 8:39 AM
Sadly, you're probably right. :(

srfc1928
07/01/2010, 9:10 AM
What a sickening act.
To steal gear that was donated in the name of charity
and then cause damage to a communities facilities, especially when so many people have given up their spare time to make the Showgrounds look as well as it does.

red_away
07/01/2010, 11:08 AM
they should have their balls cut off but obviously not if they were women!

W4nker5!!!

MMVIII
07/01/2010, 3:49 PM
Very poor form this. Some people have no decency at all. Really hope the gear is recovered.

Brian Boru
07/01/2010, 7:08 PM
We should invest in CCTV and alarms if not already in place.

srfc1928
07/01/2010, 7:30 PM
We should invest in CCTV and alarms if not already in place.
Ya and one of these for the fuc kers aswell
http://www.corporateleisure.co.uk/assets/images/fungames/stocks.jpg

CarrickFan
07/01/2010, 7:38 PM
Very sad that people would do this to something that is a huge part of,and source of pride for the community...idiots...

and they didnt even have the decency to take Ventre while they were at it:)

sligofan4ever
07/01/2010, 7:49 PM
Very sad that people would do this to something that is a huge part of,and source of pride for the community...idiots...

and they didnt even have the decency to take Ventre while they were at it:)

Scousers are on a whole different level when it comes to robbing though, its like a 6th sense. Sure he could rob it back if he picks up the scent.

Boo_Boy
08/01/2010, 10:31 AM
I found the c**ts who did this.

Hiding in the German Second Division

http://i50.tinypic.com/1zg3u4j.jpg

Someone give dooley a call and ask for a quote, Sligo - Ahlen.

sligorover
08/01/2010, 10:38 AM
Looks like they stole Boco aswell

sligofan4ever
08/01/2010, 1:04 PM
Looks like they stole Boco aswell

They were on such a role they stole Jimmy Carr too, standing behind 'Boco' :D.

CF1989
08/01/2010, 3:59 PM
manson seems to have signed for them aswell......

Joxter
08/01/2010, 4:03 PM
manson seems to have signed for them aswell......
:):):)
Class, was looking at the picture thinking WTF then seen whos beside boco

Rovers1
08/01/2010, 4:08 PM
I thought Ciaran Foley retired?

I like the orange kit though.

roverandout
08/01/2010, 6:32 PM
Scousers are on a whole different level when it comes to robbing though, its like a 6th sense. Sure he could rob it back if he picks up the scent.

A Scouser would try to sell you your own gear back.

We may have our disagreements on this board, but no Rovers fan would ever condone such an act. When the club hurts we all hurt.

Blowin_Rover
09/01/2010, 8:35 AM
Hope these scumbags are proud of themselves,but seems like the way society is now wont get more than a slap on the wrist if caught,shame it wont be dealt with outside the law!

Peachey
10/01/2010, 4:24 PM
The Showgrounds people should have learned their lesson after the last time, the office had boxes of stuff and they only took a few items, they could have cleaned the place out and thrashed it, silly for a committee member to be posting on here the incompetence of the people up there, it's not a break in if you leave the keys lying around

Nah Nah Nah Nah
10/01/2010, 6:42 PM
The Showgrounds people should have learned their lesson after the last time, the office had boxes of stuff and they only took a few items, they could have cleaned the place out and thrashed it, silly for a committee member to be posting on here the incompetence of the people up there, it's not a break in if you leave the keys lying around

It's still a crime.

Not sure what exactly you're getting at here but if I saw keys lying around I would hand them in and not use them to take whatever I could from wherever they opened. Like most normal people I would like to think.

Rovers1
10/01/2010, 6:44 PM
in if you leave the keys lying around

I somehow doubt that was the case.

Guts&Glory
10/01/2010, 9:33 PM
If it was a forced break in surely the insurance will pick it up minus the excess on the policy.

D Brannigan
11/01/2010, 2:08 PM

Who is the committee member posting on here?The keys were in a locked room and in a secure box that had to be broken into(thats acceptable I suppose!).Keys need to be in the showgrounds for use incase of emergency as other staff may need access to them.The people up there are far from incompetent!

sligofan4ever
11/01/2010, 2:13 PM
Who is the committee member posting on here?The keys were in a locked room and in a secure box that had to be broken into(thats acceptable I suppose!).Keys need to be in the showgrounds for use incase of emergency as other staff may need access to them.The people up there are far from incompetent!

Has much of the damage been repaired since it happened ? or any kits found or replaced by new ones ?

Peachey
11/01/2010, 5:30 PM
[QUOTE=D Brannigan;1304240]Who is the committee member posting on here?The keys were in a locked room and in a secure box that had to be broken into(thats acceptable I suppose!).Keys need to be in the showgrounds for use incase of emergency as other staff may need access to them.The people up there are far from incompetent![/QUOT

At the end of the cup final I saw a guy going around doleing out hugs to all and sundry, I said to my pal Lofty who's Sir-Hug-A-Lot and he said that's DBrannigan, good to put a face to the keyboard:D

I overheard someone talking in Earleys about the break in, I suppose I shouldn't have been earwigging when it turned out to be untruths:(

avvenalaf
11/01/2010, 6:21 PM
And you shouldn't be in Earley's in the first place. Should have started your pre-season.

unclekev
11/01/2010, 8:18 PM
Idle gossip about keys is waste of time. It would be better if people tried to put time and effort into helping get things sorted after the break in.

D Brannigan
11/01/2010, 9:06 PM
Has much of the damage been repaired since it happened ? or any kits found or replaced by new ones ?

Some locks have been replaced,no kits have been found or replaced as of yet.A lot of offers of help where made but the showgrounds has been like a skating ring so it was decided that the ground would be secured and when the ground is safe all offers of help would be taken up.Many thanks to all those that have made offers of help.