PDA

View Full Version : mooney going???

yan
12/03/2004, 3:28 PM
the sun reports that shamrock rovers maybe signing mooney,

it says he spends alot of time in dublin working and he wouldnt mind signing for a dublin team,

i for one would be sad to c him go, he was great with the shed.......

Seanie
12/03/2004, 4:58 PM
Cant blame him for wanting to move. He deserves first team football, but I doubt if he can dislodge Devine. If he does go I hope he gets the reception is truly deserves when he returns to the Cross (even if it is with Rovers).

Troy.McClure
12/03/2004, 4:59 PM
Would be sad to see him go alright but from his point of view, why should he stick around? Devine is 1st choice and Dolan doesnt have a sub keeper on the bench. Rovers need a good keeper at the mo. It would be a good move for him and best of luck to a great guy if he does decide to go (even if it is to Rovers! ;) )

pete
12/03/2004, 5:23 PM
Was on the cards for a while so won't be much of a surprise.

Rovers badly need an experienced keeper too so he'd have a good chance at regular football.

Frankie Sky
12/03/2004, 6:05 PM
Boing,boing,boing, boing. He will be missed for his wonderfull attitude to all in the Shed!

Éanna
12/03/2004, 11:57 PM
didn't even make the bench again tonight, McNulty came on for Devine, and didn't see him around either.

joe
13/03/2004, 6:46 AM
today's examiner says he signed yesterday

RedX
13/03/2004, 12:38 PM
A very good signing for Rovers and a loss to City..great character with the fans over the year also..i remember the guy being in the shed a few times with the fans..never forget his brilliant save against Shels in the F.A.I Cup final a few years back..best of luck Mooney and dont play to well against us..i am sure he will get a huge cheer but plenty slagging when he comes to the X....:D

jofyisgod
13/03/2004, 7:29 PM
Just to echo RedX, Mooney was a great guy, really nice and very funny. Great fan-player.

I hope that he gets to show how good he is at Rovers, as he was never really appreciated here in recent times. A legend.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOONEEEY:D

A face
13/03/2004, 8:20 PM
Whatever about how good he is, he is a sound bloke aswell. He was a great player off the pitch aswell with all the other duties and the club will miss that badly.

joe
13/03/2004, 8:33 PM
Originally posted by jofyisgod
Mooney was a great guy, really nice and very funny.

still is i'd say!

SÓC
15/03/2004, 9:56 AM
Did anyone read his comments about going to Rovers. Something along the lines of "Im only leaving City to get my game, not 'further' my career á la others"

GavinZac
15/03/2004, 10:09 AM
ya it says a lot mooney will probably get his name sung when he comes bck where as ratnolds got a sign wishing eternal damnation upon him:)

Dricky
15/03/2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by GavinZac
ya it says a lot mooney will probably get his name sung when he comes bck where as ratnolds got a sign wishing eternal damnation upon him:)

Pity he couldn't hang around another year and we give him the Title>>>>

At least Rovers have a keeper who is good on the lines and a good keeper!!!!!

Colm
15/03/2004, 12:18 PM
Mooney is a legend and I'm confident that he'll get a great reception from the City fans when we play Rovers next week and when he returns to the Cross in May.

Peadar
15/03/2004, 1:09 PM
He's put up with a lot fair play to him.
Warming the bench when you're not getting any younger is enough to make even the most loyal player consider a move.
Unfortunately it's Rovers.
I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Best of luck to him.

rebelnorrie
15/03/2004, 1:50 PM
hes a legend,best of luck to him,thought that he should have left way back cos he wasnt gonna get first team footie.i for one will applaud the man when he returns,mayb the odd bit of playful banter aswell,MOONEY,WHATS D SCORE,MOONEY MOONEY.......

NorthoftheLee
15/03/2004, 3:03 PM
definitely deserves a good reception when he comes back to play....he has been a great servant to the club and I for one wish him well expect for 4 games this season........

tiktok
15/03/2004, 3:29 PM
sorry to see him go, but i understand it.
sorrier to see it's to rovers, but he remains a legend, wish him all the best (and a nightmare every game against us ;) )

boing boing

Éanna
16/03/2004, 4:49 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
He's put up with a lot fair play to him.
Warming the bench when you're not getting any younger is enough to make even the most loyal player consider a move.
Unfortunately it's Rovers.
I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
Best of luck to him.
couldn't agree more.