PDA

View Full Version : Phil Taylor - 15th World Title

passinginterest
04/01/2010, 9:27 AM
Anyone else watch the darts last night? Much as I dislike Taylor as a person, he really is a remarkable dart player. Whitlock performed exceptionally well for long spells of the game and looked to have him rattled at times but somehow Taylor finds another gear, rattling in big finishes 170, 161, 167 under real pressure and producing another stunning 3 dart average. In the last 20 years the top dart players have gone from averages in the high 80's to over 100, which I think reflects the increased prize money and number of professionals, as well as the thinner wires and staple free boards. Whitlock had an average over 104 last night and still lost 7-3 in sets, that would have been almost unthinkable even 5 years ago.

prince20
04/01/2010, 10:20 AM
Anyone else watch the darts last night? Much as I dislike Taylor as a person, he really is a remarkable dart player. Whitlock performed exceptionally well for long spells of the game and looked to have him rattled at times but somehow Taylor finds another gear, rattling in big finishes 170, 161, 167 under real pressure and producing another stunning 3 dart average. In the last 20 years the top dart players have gone from averages in the high 80's to over 100, which I think reflects the increased prize money and number of professionals, as well as the thinner wires and staple free boards. Whitlock had an average over 104 last night and still lost 7-3 in sets, that would have been almost unthinkable even 5 years ago.

Would agree with all of the above and have to add it was brilliant entertainment. The way the whole darts game has been beefed up over the years just shows what you can do if you promote events properly. Darts was on its way out a number of years ago but Barry Hearn came in and put his stamp on it and look at it now. FAI, please take note.
And just to say about Phil Taylor, 15 world titles, still improving year on year, What an Athlete!!!!

Stevo Da Gull
04/01/2010, 12:07 PM
Phil Taylor has honed his skills to mythical levels. You have to watch him to belive how good he is. Incredible!