PDA

View Full Version : Another shooting incident in Finland

brendy_éire
31/12/2009, 12:04 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1231/finland.html

6 dead, including the gunman, according to reports. Seems he shot his ex-wife before heading to the shopping centre, killing four people, then killing himself later.

I know they've tightened their gun laws in recent years, but it's still a bit of a joke that basically any nutjob can go out and get a gun.

peadar1987
31/12/2009, 12:30 PM
http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1231/finland.html

6 dead, including the gunman, according to reports. Seems he shot his ex-wife before heading to the shopping centre, killing four people, then killing himself later.

I know they've tightened their gun laws in recent years, but it's still a bit of a joke that basically any nutjob can go out and get a gun.

And yet there are still people out there who claim that guns are a basic civil right. Ever try arguing with an American about gun control? You'll probably be shot.

dfx-
31/12/2009, 8:32 PM
Finland has a very high suicide rate...and Finnish people tend to be VERY reserved in my experience so can easily imagine bottling up until they implode.

Of course possession of a gun isn't ideal on top of that...

Poor Student
31/12/2009, 8:37 PM
Finnish people tend to be VERY reserved in my experience so can easily imagine bottling up until they implode.

The murder was Kosovan Albanian, not Finnish.

Lionel Ritchie
01/01/2010, 11:36 AM
The murder was Kosovan Albanian, not Finnish.

A mate of mine is married to a Finnish girl and has visited there in the winter months. It's a wonderful country but it's a rich, fertile environment for SAD to flourish. Daytime is brief and not what we'd consider broad daylight at this time of year.

irishultra
09/01/2010, 2:18 AM
yeah you remember pekka the school shooter, well i talked to him and when i say talk i kind of attacked him on youtube for being such a sad case. he used to make vids glorifying the columbine people. the chap was insane. when i heard about schoolshooting in finland, i knew it was him. weird weird feeling.