PDA

View Full Version : Starting 11

Schumi
11/03/2004, 3:17 PM
Who do people think should start against Bray?
I reckon:

Quigley

Gannon McAuley McNally Davey

Sullivan McDonnell Gaffney O'Donnell

Martin Doyle Sullivan did well in the middle in the second half yesterday but I don't think we have a quality replacement on the right. Maybe McWalter might be worth looking at there and put Sullivan in the middle instead of Gaffney.

pineapple stu
11/03/2004, 4:40 PM
I'd go with

-------------------------------Gallagher
---------Gannon--------McNally--------McAuley-------Davey
---------Sullivan--------McDonnell-----Burke--------Micko
---------------------------Martin---------Doyle

Subs -
Quigley
Mahon
McWalter
Gaffney
Kenna

Gallagher ahead of Quigley is marginal - both have done well in friendlies but Gallagher has experience at this level. No hesitation putting Quigley in if necessary though.

We've not played our first-choice defence yet pre-season and we've conceded seven goals. We have to get a regular defence from the off as it's our huge strength. Great to see Alan Mahon back last night - will be pushing for that left-back slot in a few weeks.

Thought Pat Burke did well in centre-mid yesterday. Made a couple of great interceptions, and he's a forward so he should add a bit going forward. Sullivan in the centre is interesting too, but I think we're stronger with him out on the right-wing and Burke/Gaffney/whoever in the centre. Unless there's some random right-winger in this new scholarship batch!

Up front seems to pick itself at the moment, despite all the choice. Finn and Gallen aren't sure to be around for Bray, Leech has buggered off and Colfer and Purcell don't have the experience yet. McWalter is a definite possibility, but Willie Doyle did well last night, and Robbie Martin is now our senior striker. If he gets back to form, we'll start doing very well.

Subs are five random people - I'm guaranteed to have left someone very obvious out!

SÓC
11/03/2004, 5:05 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Colfer

Wahey, gald to hear Llyodie-boy is still with ye.

The best (named) player in the eircom League.

Aberdonian Stu
12/03/2004, 10:52 AM
I don't know Sean Oral Welldick...I mean Oran Weldrick is ... I can't actually write a competitve reference without it sounding dodgy so use your imagination to work out what I'm trying to say.

Martinho II
12/03/2004, 7:47 PM
Has Kieran Foley joined for you for the start of the season? rem schumi, i was tellin u about him!

Schumi
13/03/2004, 1:40 PM
I forgot about him! He's played the last few friendlies so I assume he's with us for the season. He played well against Pats last night so he'll be in the mix to start at centre back with McNally pushed into centre mid maybe.