PDA

View Full Version : Happy Christmas and a footballing new year..

RonnieB
24/12/2009, 1:27 PM
Happy annual gift day to one and all. May your cup overfloweth with Buckfast.

Now if you excuse me I am off for my xmas eve feed of Guinness...

Martinho II
28/12/2009, 5:36 PM
Happy annual gift day to one and all. May your cup overfloweth with Buckfast.

Now if you excuse me I am off for my xmas eve feed of Guinness...

I would like to wish everyone that posts on here and the ones that read these posts on the forum :pa happy xmas and wonderful new yr..

Captain2007
29/12/2009, 5:55 PM
I would like to wish everyone that posts on here and the ones that read these posts on the forum :pa happy xmas and wonderful new yr..

Happy New year to you Martinho II, just heard TC has signed Chris Deans and looking to talk to Gareth Coughlin, Gary Cronin also linked would be 3 decent signings for ye although Gary has work commitments which may stop him from signing.

Martinho II
29/12/2009, 6:09 PM
Happy New year to you Martinho II, just heard TC has signed Chris Deans and looking to talk to Gareth Coughlin, Gary Cronin also linked would be 3 decent signings for ye although Gary has work commitments which may stop him from signing.

thanks for the news captain2007! Chris Deans played with Dundalk and Waterford Utd in the past.. Gareth Coughlin I would know nothin about and as for Gary Cronin I would be delighted if he came to us but I wouldnt be confident as he was due to resign for us last season and turned us down.. He spent two seasons with us from 2005 to 2006. How good are the three players we are about to sign??

Longfordian
29/12/2009, 6:27 PM
Chris Deans is a good player from what I've seen of him. Coughlan is a decent young player too, I'd have thought Bray would keep him, they may yet I suppose. At least he seems to be working on getting lads in anyhow. He did mention that he hoped to have a number of signings by the first week in January. We'll see.

Martinho II
29/12/2009, 6:30 PM
Chris Deans is a good player from what I've seen of him. Coughlan is a decent young player too, I'd have thought Bray would keep him, they may yet I suppose. At least he seems to be working on getting lads in anyhow. He did mention that he hoped to have a number of signings by the first week in January. We'll see.

I would say that it will be like this time last season that there will be very little people staying and a lot going...

Longfordian
29/12/2009, 6:36 PM
Well at least he was apparently talking to some of this year's squad about coming back. Philip Coffey would I'm sure have kept him informed on the ones that performed last season. There'll be plenty of players to be had if he can do a deal with them money wise.

Captain2007
29/12/2009, 10:36 PM
thanks for the news captain2007! Chris Deans played with Dundalk and Waterford Utd in the past.. Gareth Coughlin I would know nothin about and as for Gary Cronin I would be delighted if he came to us but I wouldnt be confident as he was due to resign for us last season and turned us down.. He spent two seasons with us from 2005 to 2006. How good are the three players we are about to sign??

Gareth has great potential still u20 plays on either flank as good as McCabe whom Sligo signed IMO, Deans very experienced CB and will give 100%, you might be right about Gary.

Tallanted
30/12/2009, 9:53 AM
Coughlan played for us v Bray in a pre season game before signing for bray last season, played for Sacred Heart before that, would be a very good 1st division player

Martinho II
31/12/2009, 12:45 PM
Coughlan played for us v Bray in a pre season game before signing for bray last season, played for Sacred Heart before that, would be a very good 1st division player

Longford Lion was saying to me that he played for us in that game under Aaron Callaghans stewardship...

Longfordian
31/12/2009, 12:49 PM
Yeah that's where Bray spotted him apparently. I thought his name was Corcoran at the time, that's what Vinny had called him but it's the same lad alright. Remains to be seen if he comes or not but it would be ironic if he did.

Rocky77
31/12/2009, 1:02 PM
Coughlan's a really good player I think, I'd be delighted if we snared him. Same goes for Deans, he'd be a quality defender in the First Division.

Tallanted
04/01/2010, 5:53 PM
Coughlan has signed for Pats

Longfordian
04/01/2010, 6:06 PM
Saw that. No great surprise that he got a more attractive offer really.

Martinho II
05/01/2010, 3:55 PM
has anyone heard any news yet on whos definitely staying??? Im quite intrigued...;)

Tallanted
05/01/2010, 3:59 PM
has anyone heard any news yet on whos definitely staying??? Im quite intrigued...;)

Yep :cool:

Longfordian
05/01/2010, 4:09 PM
I'm sure the signings will start to trickle in in the next week or two. The end of January was his target for getting a squad together. If that includes some of our better players from last year then so much the better if it means less adjustment and settling in.

Tallanted
05/01/2010, 4:30 PM
And I'm sure when the club want the world to know then they will announce it. We just gotta sit tight.

Martinho II
09/01/2010, 6:43 PM
according to a poster on the main forum here we have signed Peter Hynes, John Lester , and Chris Deans.Thomas Hyland has signed as well. He was playing at University of Memphis for the last few years. Also heard on the grapevine by the poster there is that Kevin Cronin has resigned too..

Acornvilla
09/01/2010, 6:46 PM
according to a poster on the main forum here we have signed Peter Hynes, John Lester , and Chris Deans.Thomas Hyland has signed as well. He was playing at University of Memphis for the last few years. Also heard on the grapevine by the poster there is that Kevin Cronin has resigned too..
yeah its all on the rumors thread anybody in the know??:D

Martinho II
09/01/2010, 7:23 PM
yeah its all on the rumors thread anybody in the know??:D

its not the first time Chris Deans has being linked with us this preseason.. If Lester signed I would be made up as his set piece delivery is phenomanal.. Hynes has a good goalscoring record from his Dundalk and Shels days..We sill soon find out whether its true..

Tallanted
11/01/2010, 5:30 PM
Lester and Hynes down as signed on pfai website http://www.pfai.ie/transfer-list

Longfordian
11/01/2010, 6:08 PM
From reading the article posted in the main forum on clubs' losses I would guess the club may be waiting for final budget approval before confirming any signings. If all goes well with that then i'm sure we'll begin to have some officially announced. It would appear those two have agreed to come however.

Martinho II
12/01/2010, 9:14 AM
I was speakin to our Club Secretary about whether these two players have signed yet and she said no. she mentioned that Cousins is speakin to players at the moment but there will be news on players on the coming days so yer theory about waiting to see whether they get a UEFA Licence seems true..