PDA

View Full Version : FAI Shafting Clubs?

Mr_Parker
23/12/2009, 10:12 AM
All clubs participating in the Setanta Cup eventually received a further round of participation money this week via the FAI. When the clubs received their cheques the FAI had deducted “expenses” without the clubs permission and not in accord with the Participation Agreement that all parties had signed up to at the beginning. Apparently they are claiming that “in the current financial climate that they think it is prudent to do so.” This money was not due to be deducted until the end of the competition.

Not only does this appear a very sneaky and unfair move by the FAI but by their actions are they indicating that they do not have the confidence that the competition is going to be completed?

centre mid
23/12/2009, 10:24 AM
Do you have confidence the competition will be completed? It is a wee bit sneaky though.

brendy_éire
23/12/2009, 12:30 PM
How much money are we getting? ;)

Sam_Heggy
23/12/2009, 12:51 PM
How much money are we getting? ;)

I like what you did there, very classy.

Celdrog
23/12/2009, 2:19 PM
How much money are we getting? ;)Who is "we",
is it the real Derry City, official Derry City or continuity Derry City.

Mr_Parker
23/12/2009, 3:28 PM
Do you have confidence the competition will be completed? It is a wee bit sneaky though.

Obviously the FAI don't!

Here is the relevant part from the participation agreement.

The balance of prize money due to Clubs less
match officials fees and expenses and fines due will be made after the completion of the 2009/10 Setanta Sports Cup Tournament.

weecountyman
23/12/2009, 3:29 PM
Who is "we",

:D Very good!

roinuj
23/12/2009, 4:56 PM
Who is "we",

or is it cork hibs, cork celtic or cork alberts :D

SligoBrewer
23/12/2009, 9:59 PM
Misread the thread title as "FAI shifting Clubs". :D

SMorgan
24/12/2009, 10:34 PM
Who is "we",

Give the money to Drogheda United and let them pay their players the money they're now owed.

Kildareman
25/12/2009, 9:25 PM
With 2010 being Ryder Cup year in Wales the FAI probably see an opportunity to cash in on the expected upturn in the popularity of golf.
Its good to see the FAI being flexible.;)

I'll get my coat.....

Mr_Parker
25/12/2009, 11:03 PM
With 2010 being Ryder Cup year in Wales the FAI probably see an opportunity to cash in on the expected upturn in the popularity of golf.
Its good to see the FAI being flexible.;)

I'll get my coat.....

Don't be surprised if they follow the IFA's lead in promoting Ice Hockey and attending sports events in England. I kid you not.

brendy_éire
27/12/2009, 10:53 AM
Don't be surprised if they follow the IFA's lead in promoting Ice Hockey and attending sports events in England. I kid you not.

What?!

Mr_Parker
27/12/2009, 3:04 PM
What?!

Giants
http://www.irishfa.com/the-ifa/news/5166/sign-up-to-ifa-news-updates-today/

And this was in the latest ezine they sent out.

IFA SUPER SPORTS SAVER

Norfolkline (official sponsor of the IFA Excellence Programme) are offering all you sports fans a great special offer to travel to Liverpool from only £35 per adult / £25 per child PM return for anyone travelling to a sporting event.

brendy_éire
29/12/2009, 11:48 AM
Giants
http://www.irishfa.com/the-ifa/news/5166/sign-up-to-ifa-news-updates-today/

I know this is going OT, but do the Belfast Giants and Liverpool FC (or whoever) do something similiar to promote the IL?

Mr_Parker
29/12/2009, 7:26 PM
I know this is going OT, but do the Belfast Giants and Liverpool FC (or whoever) do something similiar to promote the IL?

I take it you are joking!

Mr_Parker
24/07/2011, 11:18 AM
*bump*

Any LOI clubs get any prizemoney from this competition yet?

Nesta99
24/07/2011, 11:42 AM
Nope!

colonelwest
24/07/2011, 3:52 PM
Aye, Dundalk are still waiting on the money from this season, the cheques in the post though by all accounts!
:D

Mr_Parker
24/07/2011, 9:15 PM
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy337/Mr_Parker2009/scan0093.jpg

Nesta99
25/07/2011, 11:52 AM
You got 3k - you are lucky!

Mr Maroon
25/07/2011, 12:31 PM
Wait, Setanta give the money to the FAI to distribute to all the clubs? Even the Northern ones?

peadar1987
25/07/2011, 12:51 PM
Wait, Setanta give the money to the FAI to distribute to all the clubs? Even the Northern ones?

"Excellent, Mr. Dolan, now you're sure we can trust you to pass these pies on to their rightful owners?"

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_0k_o26QCu34/SetPpqXLRyI/AAAAAAAAAoI/-zUhhxGSDnw/s400/200px-Pat_Dolan.jpg

BonnieShels
25/07/2011, 12:51 PM
Yeah thought that myself. Decided not to think about it any further. Brain got sore with the logic.

Dodge
25/07/2011, 1:05 PM

Its pretty much an FAi run competition now (and has been for a while)

Longfordian
25/07/2011, 1:10 PM
Setanta are fairly fooked as a company from what someone who worked for them told me. They've let a lot of staff go and are struggling to operate a decent schedule of programmes. Can't see the competition going on much longer.

Mr_Parker
25/07/2011, 1:27 PM
You got 3k - you are lucky!

My understanding was that a stance was taken before the comp started by the Northern clubs before they would sign up again. Even then two clubs didn't receive theirs.

Ezeikial
25/07/2011, 1:54 PM
My understanding was that a stance was taken before the comp started by the Northern clubs before they would sign up again. Even then two clubs didn't receive theirs.

Jack Grundie and Craig Stanfield of the IFA are part of the Setanta Sports Cup Committee. Do you know if you guys have been in touch with them about clarification on the payouts.

I couldn't help but chuckle when reading the article where Michael Hayes of the FAI/Setanta Committee is quoted as saying he would neither confirm nor deny if Setanta had paid out the sponsorship cash. This probable means that (a) they have not received the cash in full but dont want to embaress Setanta while there is still a prospect of getting paid or (b) that the cash is resting in the bank while they figure out how to screw everyone involved.

Mr_Parker
25/07/2011, 4:58 PM
Jack Grundie and Craig Stanfield of the IFA are part of the Setanta Sports Cup Committee. Do you know if you guys have been in touch with them about clarification on the payouts.
I believe so and I understand they are equally in the dark, though the article may have provided a chink of light today...

avvenalaf
25/07/2011, 9:43 PM

I couldn't help but chuckle when reading the article where Michael Hayes of the FAI/Setanta Committee is quoted as saying he would neither confirm nor deny if Setanta had paid out the sponsorship cash. This probable means that (a) they have not received the cash in full but dont want to embaress Setanta while there is still a prospect of getting paid or (b) that the cash is resting in the bank while they figure out how to screw everyone involved.

Christ, you mean Father Ted has it?