PDA

View Full Version : Licenses ?

Iorfa2MaccaJim
21/12/2009, 10:03 PM
Am I right in saying that today ( Mon 21st Dec) was the deadline for submitting the neccessary paperwork for the licenses ?

If so, when will we know who got what licenses ?

Doomofman
21/12/2009, 10:05 PM
When the Licensing Commitee sit in January I'd imagine

Battery Rover
21/12/2009, 10:05 PM
30th January for final accounts. Licenses awarded around second week in February

sheao
21/12/2009, 10:06 PM
Am I right in saying that today ( Mon 21st Dec) was the deadline for submitting the neccessary paperwork for the licenses ?

It's sometime in Feburary they are handed out.

Iorfa2MaccaJim
21/12/2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks lads.

Hairy Bowsie
21/12/2009, 10:10 PM
I got my licence, did you not get yours yet?

tiktok
21/12/2009, 10:11 PM
No, you're not.

I'm afraid things will get confused.
Could you start a separate thread for just this question?

gufc2000
21/12/2009, 10:41 PM
February is awful late I think, Kildare were thrown into the First Division about 3 weeks before the season commenced. Teams should know what division they are in by the middle of January at the latest

Jofspring
21/12/2009, 10:45 PM
February is awful late I think, Kildare were thrown into the First Division about 3 weeks before the season commenced. Teams should know what division they are in by the middle of January at the latest

I agree. It doesn't really help teams in the preperation for the season ahead and the signing of players if they don't know where they stand.

Sean South
21/12/2009, 10:57 PM
Teams should know what division they are in by the middle of January at the latest
Teams should have their house in order and not be worrying about when they get their licence

Macy
22/12/2009, 7:57 AM
Teams should have their house in order and not be worrying about when they get their licence
But obviously it will effect the budget depending on what division they are in for clubs that are on the bubble like Bray. For most clubs it doesn't matter, but some it does.

luka
22/12/2009, 8:18 AM
February is too late in my opinion. It doesn't really help clubs like Cobh Ramblers when they don't know where they stand with regard to which division they will be in. It certainly doesn't help when you're looking for sponsorship etc either. All clubs should be notified at least 3 months before the season kicks of.

centre mid
22/12/2009, 8:26 AM
I think we know we will be playing 1st division football next year, the FAI want TNB out and Foras to take control of whatever entity is left. Most football fans want the same i'd imagine. It is ridiculous that it takes so long to give out the licences, there are less than 25 clubs for god sake.

Mr A
22/12/2009, 8:48 AM
It does go back to the accounts though- hard to give out licenses until they are done. Perhaps the FAI could look at tightening some of the deadlines around that and also make interim announcements regarding those elements of licensing unaffected by them.

Incidentally- I think Bray will be in the premier. Can't see CCFC in their current guise surviving.

Mr A
22/12/2009, 8:49 AM
February is too late in my opinion. It doesn't really help clubs like Cobh Ramblers when they don't know where they stand with regard to which division they will be in. It certainly doesn't help when you're looking for sponsorship etc either. All clubs should be notified at least 3 months before the season kicks of.

Has there been an indication that Cobh might be promoted this season? Seems a bit mad but then if the new Derry City get to leapfrog the process why not Cobh.

Macy
22/12/2009, 9:55 AM
It does go back to the accounts though- hard to give out licenses until they are done. Perhaps the FAI could look at tightening some of the deadlines around that and also make interim announcements regarding those elements of licensing unaffected by them.
Why do the accounts have to be the calendar year? The P35 deadline is after the closing date anyway.

Incidentally- I think Bray will be in the premier. Can't see CCFC in their current guise surviving.
Me too, even if it's just an attempt to force Coughlan out by refusing a licence.

pineapple stu
22/12/2009, 9:56 AM
Why do the accounts have to be the calendar year?
FAI recommendation, isn't it?

Macy
22/12/2009, 9:59 AM
FAI recommendation, isn't it?
Excellent.

Mr A
22/12/2009, 10:02 AM
Which in fairness represents an improvement on the previous situation where clubs had various different financial years.

Macy
22/12/2009, 10:07 AM
Which in fairness represents an improvement on the previous situation where clubs had various different financial years.
They could still have a recommended financial year, but just one that doesn't delay licencing.

pineapple stu
22/12/2009, 10:09 AM
Given the season can run into December (ours did, for example), I think 31 December is a fair year-end. Anything outstanding then - wages, for example - can't be easily explained away as "Sure the season was only one week over; they were paid after".

The problem is a lack of ongoing assessment. Fail to submit your monthly P30 - warning first, then a fine, then points deduction.

harps1954
22/12/2009, 10:38 AM
They could still have a recommended financial year, but just one that doesn't delay licencing.

I think the FAI recommends financial year ends on 30th November.

pineapple stu
22/12/2009, 10:43 AM
Actually, you could be right there... :o

Still shouldn't have to wait for that one date before deciding if someone can be punished under licencing though.

Mr A
22/12/2009, 11:25 AM
According to the Indo:

Galway United and Longford Town were yesterday also sorting out minor issues with the Licensing Committee, who will meet this week to discuss the state of play with all league members.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/corkrsquos-fate-in-fai-hands-as-payment-date-missed-1984746.html

Longfordian
22/12/2009, 12:04 PM
I don't think we've too much to worry about. There was a fairly small amount of money owed at the end of the season but as far as I know there wasn't going to be a major problem with it being paid.

culloty82
22/12/2009, 3:11 PM
Yesterday would have been a good time to award licences: Derry would be sorted out, there would be no more confusion about Salthill and Bray could be put on standby to replace Cork. I'd imagine Cobh will be back in the First Division next year, hard to see all the clubs starting the new season.

higgins
22/12/2009, 10:59 PM
Most of the licence issues apart from the financials are sorted out before January.

The clubs themselves will know if everything has been paid up with their club so should know if they are in danger of not getting a licence.

Plus I'm sure Bray and the FAI have discussed the possibility of them taking Corks place. I don't think Bray would be left in the dark if there's already enough reason to not give Cork a premier licence.

Mr A
22/12/2009, 11:35 PM
Really? Because I think Bray will be told feck all by the FAI until such time as they are up.

tiktok
23/12/2009, 8:23 AM
Plus I'm sure Bray and the FAI have discussed the possibility of them taking Corks place.

I'm sure they have.