PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Hatchetmen

bryancrues
10/03/2004, 10:21 PM
Hello folks, im a moderator on the Irish League equivalent of this site (http://irishleagueforums.net/)
I was hoping some eL fans would be able to help, im just wondering if anyone knows what some ex-crues players from the south are doing now.

Robbie Lawlor
Marty Lawlor
Derek Carroll
Marty Murray
Peter Murray
Martin Reilly
Glen Wade
Pat O'Toole
Conor Frawley
Paddy Dully
Liam Dunne
Mick Deegan
Aaron Callaghan

I know big Aarons in charge at Athlone, but any info on the rest would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Bryan H

TommyT
10/03/2004, 11:01 PM
You might get more info on the Dublin teams' websites since that's where most of those footballers are from.

Martinho II
10/03/2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by bryancrues
Hello folks, im a moderator on the Irish League equivalent of this site (http://irishleagueforums.net/)
I was hoping some eL fans would be able to help, im just wondering if anyone knows what some ex-crues players from the south are doing now.

Robbie Lawlor
Marty Lawlor
Derek Carroll
Marty Murray
Peter Murray
Martin Reilly
Glen Wade
Pat O'Toole
Conor Frawley
Paddy Dully
Liam Dunne
Mick Deegan
Aaron Callaghan

I know big Aarons in charge at Athlone, but any info on the rest would be much appreciated!

Cheers
Bryan H

martin murray used to manage dundalk -i thought he went back to newry town as a assitant cocah
martin reilly is now at kildare co
pat o toole i think retired and his last club was kilkenny
conor frawley is at galway united
liam dunne is at dublin city to the best of my knowledge

i note that stuart byrne is not in your list i think he played for ye-he is now at shels

bryancrues
11/03/2004, 9:30 PM
yeh stuart did play for us, but only for first few games of that season.it was marty murrays year in charge, stuarty played in pre-season, socred a penalty on full league debut at newry, played i think 2 more games then asked to be released to best of my knowledge. i thought he looked useful though.
there were plenty more southerners to play for us, like john grace, frank darby and more on loan.

anyone else any info??

Martinho II
11/03/2004, 9:36 PM
Frank Darby used to play for Longford Town wherte abouts unknown

drummerboy
12/03/2004, 3:19 PM
Martin Murray is managing in the Leinster Senior League a club called West Park Albion
Martin Lawler is playing over 35s with Malahide or Lorcan
Derek Carrol was asst manager with Glenmore last year

d13bohs
13/03/2004, 11:44 AM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought it was going to be about the legendary Donal "Zico" Broughan :mad: We were just talking about him last night when Rutherford came on as a sub on the friendly v Finn Harps, it could be said that he made a lasting impression on poor old Sparky when he was at $h€l$ :D

bryancrues
13/03/2004, 12:13 PM
Donal Broughan is playing for us now, in fact he was voted our clubs player of the month for february, his first month with us.
Where does the 'Zico' tag come from?!