PDA

View Full Version : Squad 2010

Magicme
21/12/2009, 11:09 AM
Mons confirm the return of Philly Hughes to United and goalkeeper Darren Kelly has also signed.

IN

Philly Hughes - Kildare County
Darren Kelly - Kildare County
Anthony Costigan - St Patrick's Athletic
Aidan Collins
Austin O'Neill
Gabriel Sava (Drogheda United)

OUT

Aaron McCarey - Wolverhampton Wanderers
Brendan Kennedy - Lucan United FC
David Freeman - Released

Squad for 2010:

Darren Kelly
Austin O'Neill
Gabriel Sava
Brian Gartland
Shane Grimes
Aidan Lynch
Conor McMahon
Alan Byrne
Niall Flynn
Dean McMahon
Anthony Costigan
James Clarke
Darren Coleman
Cathal O'Connor
Don Tierney
Sean Brennan
Barry Clancy
Conor Moynagh
Stephen McCrossan
Darragh Hanaphy
Karl Bermingham
Philip Hughes
Philip Donnelly

For more info go to www.monaghanunited.com

pineapple stu
21/12/2009, 11:39 AM
What news of Aidan Lynch?

Magicme
21/12/2009, 11:44 AM
Likely to sign but in discussions over some matters.

Dundalkjames
21/12/2009, 8:38 PM
I taught Hughes agreed terms with Athlone?

Anyway, hes a very good goalscorer who scored goals at all the teams he was at.

Wish him all the best!

gufc2000
21/12/2009, 10:46 PM
Are ye likely to be signing many more players Magicme?

Magicme
22/12/2009, 8:21 AM
I taught Hughes agreed terms with Athlone?

Anyway, hes a very good goalscorer who scored goals at all the teams he was at.

Wish him all the best!

He always looks dangerous in front of goal and although he only scored 8 goals for us last time he was here, we hope he will be banging them in. He had been in discussions with Athlone but made the right decision! :D

Are ye likely to be signing many more players Magicme?

Apart from 4/5 local lads and maybe 2 or 3 others that Mick is in discusions with I cant see us getting too many more in. We are working off same budget as last season so we cant afford too many players!

Dundalkjames
22/12/2009, 9:42 AM
Did Shane Grimes join ye also?
How did stefan mckevitt get on last year?

Magicme
22/12/2009, 9:50 AM
Grimes is re-signed yes (its in list above!)

McKevitt was grand last season but not sure what is happening with him this year. He didnt get many games last year though.

Magicme
22/12/2009, 3:49 PM
DONNELLY STAYS AT MONS
As anticipated, one of Monaghan United’s great hopes for the future, local youngster, Philip Donnelly has signed on the dotted line for the 2010 season. read more (http://www.monaghanunited.com)

Dundalkjames
22/12/2009, 8:37 PM
Where is Paul Smyth now?
Is he still playing football?

Magicme
22/12/2009, 8:43 PM
He has been playing for Monaghan Town and has been helping with some coaching with some of our juvenile teams.

Martinho II
23/12/2009, 10:11 AM
He has been playing for Monaghan Town and has been helping with some coaching with some of our juvenile teams.

what league are monaghan town playin in magicme?? Some interesting signings for ye next season!!

Magicme
23/12/2009, 10:16 AM
They play in the newly formed MCL(Monaghan Cavan League). Used to be LMC (Louth Monghan Cavan).

Oh we are well excited about next season. With Christmas and the new season looming I am gonna burst with excitement!

Magicme
07/01/2010, 8:15 AM
2010 Player Profiles now on www.monaghanunited.com

Magicme
07/01/2010, 12:24 PM
Monaghan United sign Anthony Costigan from St Pats. Read more on www.monaghanunited.com

Martinho II
07/01/2010, 5:14 PM
2010 Player Profiles now on www.monaghanunited.com

excellent reading on the player profiles.. good job..

Magicme
08/01/2010, 8:34 AM
Just trying to keep them simple with a few "facts" about each. Thanks for the feedback Marty!

Martinho II
08/01/2010, 5:45 PM
Just trying to keep them simple with a few "facts" about each. Thanks for the feedback Marty!

no hassle didnt realise it was you... Its memorable all the same..:p Better tell our lads to do something like that when we get around to announcing some signings!

Magicme
18/01/2010, 3:22 PM
Aidan Lynch has confirmed he will be staying. Read more here (http://monaghanunited.com)

Updated our squad list above.

Magicme
26/01/2010, 12:00 PM
Mons sign Collins and O'Neill. Go to www.monaghanunited.com for more.

christo
28/01/2010, 5:28 PM
Darren Kelly is a great signing, one of the best keepers we ever had.

Anymore Kildare players going to Monaghan?

Redie
29/01/2010, 9:21 AM
Hi Guys.

Just wondering do ye have any info on Paul Whelan who has been linked with us - Sligo Rovers.

Magicme
29/01/2010, 10:05 AM
Loads of info on him. A truely talented young lad who has been with us since he was a child and lives just up the road from United's ground. A legend who made the first team at 16 or 17 years of age and celebrated 100 games for Mons at the start of last season.

Will be sadly missed by us if he moves on but our pride in him and what he should achieve will help heal that wound.

We love you Whelo we do!

Redie
01/02/2010, 10:18 AM
Loads of info on him. A truely talented young lad who has been with us since he was a child and lives just up the road from United's ground. A legend who made the first team at 16 or 17 years of age and celebrated 100 games for Mons at the start of last season.

Will be sadly missed by us if he moves on but our pride in him and what he should achieve will help heal that wound.

We love you Whelo we do!

Cheers Magicme.

That's some reference. Sounds like if he does come to us our gates will receive a significant boost from Monaghan United fans.:)

Magicme
01/02/2010, 10:21 AM
Cheers Magicme.

That's some reference. Sounds like if he does come to us our gates will receive a significant boost from Monaghan United fans.:)

Ha ha I doubt it! We love him but not enough to travel to Sligo to watch him especially when we cant get our fans to come out to our games!!! No he is a genuinely good lad and a great footballer. An asset to any club.

Magicme
09/02/2010, 3:02 PM
Mons confirm release of Whelan www.monaghanunited.com

monsexile
10/02/2010, 2:35 PM
Disappointed that Whelo and Ronan McGann have left. That's three less locals in the first-team squad this season. Has Whelo signed for Sligo?

Magicme
10/02/2010, 2:45 PM
Disappointed that Whelo and Ronan McGann have left. That's three less locals in the first-team squad this season. Has Whelo signed for Sligo?

So are we exile! Good news though is that there are some of the local young lads who will really be pushing for a place this season.

No word on Whelo yet but I believe they think he is very good so hopefully soon, if not, am sure he will get someone else quickly as he is such an excellent player.

Martinho II
11/02/2010, 10:13 AM
Its not confirmed as of yet that David freeman is joining us.. He played for us in two preseason friendlies but hasnt played the last two... The club themselves were very surprised when I broke the news to them at the club dinner dance.. so I wonder has there being a heave behind the scenes telling him that he is not welcome to come back as I heard the mutterings last nite in Incicore..

aidz1
15/02/2010, 2:56 PM
Disappointed that Whelan is gone. The more local lads with a bit of quality on the monaghan team the better.
Supporters get more attached to the team if local lads make up good numbers..

Magicme
15/02/2010, 3:04 PM
I know but you cant hold a good guy like Whelo back. He deserves a chance to go get some premier football. Totally agree though that its disappointing to lose him.

Dundalkjames
18/04/2010, 8:48 PM
Hows Philly Hughes and McKevitt getting on?

Magicme
19/04/2010, 8:35 AM
Hughes has been fantastic like I thought he would be. He was out injured there for a little while but he was great again Friday night (we beat Waterford United 1-0 did ya hear??? :D) and even scored a hatrick against Tullamore Town to start putting his tally together. McKevitt is grand, just doesn't get much game as we are lucky to have some other great players in his position.

SkStu
17/07/2010, 3:50 PM
OUT

Aaron McCarey - Wolverhampton Wanderers

MM - thought you might be interested. Aaron came on for the last 20 minutes in the friendly against Bohs today.

Magicme
17/07/2010, 4:38 PM
Yeah heard that was gonna happen. Delighted for him. How did he get on?

SkStu
17/07/2010, 6:12 PM
not sure as i wasnt at it and details are a bit scarce. But he didnt concede anyway!!

TheBoss
29/07/2010, 2:20 PM
Another goalkeeper, Austin O'Neill, is he still with the club ?

TheBoss
03/08/2010, 10:40 PM
Another goalkeeper, Austin O'Neill, is he still with the club ?

Also, what about Darren Kelly ?

Magicme
03/08/2010, 10:49 PM
Sorry both Darren and Austin left not long after start of season.