PDA

View Full Version : Delaney and Byrne

brendy_éire
10/03/2004, 6:44 PM
Clive Delaney and Davy Byrne have both signed for us today from Pats. Quality stuff. 2 very good signings. And nice to get one over on Longford, Waterford, and the Drogs. I'll probably regret saying this, but we've a really good defence now.
Any Pats fans know if ye's are getting paid anything for either of them?

Dr.Nightdub
10/03/2004, 9:33 PM
Heard last Friday we were getting €15k just for Delaney. In hindsight, that seems a bit high, considering Bohs paid Rovers that (plus Jason McGuinness) for Tony Grant. Maybe €15k for the pair?

Martinho II
10/03/2004, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by brendy_éire
Clive Delaney and Davy Byrne have both signed for us today from Pats. Quality stuff. 2 very good signings. And nice to get one over on Longford, Waterford, and the Drogs. I'll probably regret saying this, but we've a really good defence now.
Any Pats fans know if ye's are getting paid anything for either of them?

when were we ever linked with them? News to me!:confused:

Macy
11/03/2004, 8:49 AM
Originally posted by MARTINHO II
And me. The only talk I heard was from myself and Xlex discussing Byrne (who we said that would be good if he can stay fit).

Why would we be interested in Delaney? He wouldn't be pushing Barry or McGovern out of the first team...

dortie
11/03/2004, 9:05 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
Heard last Friday we were getting €15k just for Delaney. In hindsight, that seems a bit high, considering Bohs paid Rovers that (plus Jason McGuinness) for Tony Grant. Maybe €15k for the pair?

6,000 euros for Delaney.Fact.

Dodge
11/03/2004, 9:32 AM
Originally posted by dortie
6,000 euros for Delaney.Fact.
Great business by us.

Totally underperformed at Pats and was on far too much money for a 3rd choice centre half (which he had turned into).

Byrne is quality if fit. Huge, huge if though...

Not really bothered by either leaving. (Most Pats fans are over the moon about Delaney leaving...)

WindmillWarrior
11/03/2004, 9:51 AM

News to Drogs as well. We don't want or need either of them.
Londonderry fans :rolleyes:

brendy_éire
11/03/2004, 10:04 AM

Well ye's were natterin about Byrne a while back.
Apparently Drogheda and Waterford were after Delaney as well. Must have been just rumour. :rolleyes:

Xlex
11/03/2004, 10:25 AM
We were after Byrne when he was released by Shels... nothing to suggest we were since then apart from a thread in the LT section. nothing official in that....

So who did you sign a mutant and sick note a head of so... Waterford and probably the Drogs, who weren't probably weren't interested after being alledged to have bid €15,000 for pint sized goalkeeper*.

Waterford are going down like lead balloons so Derry won the bid...

*Shane Robinson....

dortie
11/03/2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by WindmillWarrior
News to Drogs as well. We don't want or need either of them.
Londonderry fans :rolleyes:

Who are Drogs anyway ?

The Unionists of Louth.....Up Dundalk !

Dodge
11/03/2004, 11:45 AM
Can't believe a Longford slagging about pint sized goalkeepers :)

Apparently we're getting 6k plus a player. On the Derry MB they reckon its Sean Friars, which I think would be great for pats...

Xlex
11/03/2004, 11:47 AM
believe it or not, that guy makes Digger look like a giant...

Macy thought it was digger I was on about so I had to clarify....;)

And if the big man reads it... no offence...:)

dortie
11/03/2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
Can't believe a Longford slagging about pint sized goalkeepers :)

Apparently we're getting 6k plus a player. On the Derry MB they reckon its Sean Friars, which I think would be great for pats...

Sean Friars has also been out alot with Injury, so your saying that Pats will replace one Injury prone player for another?

BTW..6k is for nothing when its converted to sterling...we lifted £3,500 at the Dundalk friendly :D

Dodge
11/03/2004, 1:06 PM
well its an injury prone winger (of whom we don't have many) for an injury prone central midfielder (of whoom we have loads)

And of xlex, I knew who you were talking about (even if macy didn't... jesus that Porto goal must have set him back a couple of years :) )

Macy
11/03/2004, 1:36 PM
Originally posted by Dodge
And of xlex, I knew who you were talking about (even if macy didn't... jesus that Porto goal must have set him back a couple of years :) )
Not been with it recently... can only think of one thing, and that's a cigarette. :eek:

TommyT
11/03/2004, 1:44 PM
Sean Friars has also been out alot with Injury, so your saying that Pats will replace one Injury prone player for another?

BTW..6k is for nothing when its converted to sterling...we lifted £3,500 at the Dundalk friendly :D

You're Brits, and you know you are :D :D

dortie
11/03/2004, 2:48 PM
Originally posted by TommyT
You're Brits, and you know you are :D :D

Tommy........you and Ste can start that off when yees come up for the Rovers game in about 2 weeks....I'll even produce a megaphone for yee....;) Sure why not bring a Union flag with yee too, Im sure theres enough of them about Dublin these days :D

TommyT
11/03/2004, 11:39 PM
Tommy........you and Ste can start that off when yees come up for the Rovers game in about 2 weeks....I'll even produce a megaphone for yee....;) Sure why not bring a Union flag with yee too, Im sure theres enough of them about Dublin these days :D

Sure why not, all Derry fans wouldn't harm a fly and there's never any trouble in the Brandywell :rolleyes:
Might have to duck away from the Cliftonville lads though. ;)

Surely there's more butchers aprons in Derry ???

dortie
12/03/2004, 9:19 AM
Originally posted by TommyT
Sure why not, all Derry fans wouldn't harm a fly and there's never any trouble in the Brandywell :rolleyes:
Might have to duck away from the Cliftonville lads though. ;)

Surely there's more butchers aprons in Derry ???

Sure we will be nice and snug up beside you this year in the new stand ;)
Your welcome to the Oakgrove as usual prior to and after the game, most of us make a night of the saturdays now anyway, might even show you some nice chicks :cool: ....keep the cliftonville f ecks away though ;)

Theres a few butchers aprons in Derry alright but you will find them on the other side of the bridge's......its terrible I know but they have slowly disapeared from the westbank over the past 30 years... tisk tisk