PDA

View Full Version : Sunday 20/12/09 - All LDMC 10.30am Matches Now at 12.00pm

The Dark Knight
18/12/2009, 7:09 PM
Just heard

Due to the weather forecast for this Sunday 20/12/09 - All LDMC matches (including FAI) due to kick off at 10.30am are now scheduled for 12.00pm

old git
18/12/2009, 10:36 PM
Just heard

Due to the weather forecast for this Sunday 20/12/09 - All LDMC matches (including FAI) due to kick off at 10.30am are now scheduled for 12.00pm

surely this will then cause problems with refs down for 2 matches making games at 2pm kickoff :mad: could result in a few afternoon matches with no refs

abbeyvale
18/12/2009, 11:14 PM
surely this will then cause problems with refs down for 2 matches making games at 2pm kickoff :mad: could result in a few afternoon matches with no refs

Surely if the LDMC can put back the 10.30 kick off's then they could put back the 2pm games also.

Going forward I think fixtures on Sunday mornings should kick off at 11.30 and afternoon games should then kick off at 2.30pm...............

11.30 games give all involved from players, supporters, managment & refs, a bit of lay in bed on one of their days off work, & also allows for frost/ice to clear from pitches, I also think it would increase the number of supporters attending junior games, as Im sure a lot of supporters would be more likely to attend an 11.30 game rather than a 10.30 game.

oscar
18/12/2009, 11:27 PM
ya not a bad idea

Limeref
18/12/2009, 11:31 PM
Surely if the LDMC can put back the 10.30 kick off's then they could put back the 2pm games also.

Going forward I think fixtures on Sunday mornings should kick off at 11.30 and afternoon games should then kick off at 2.30pm...............

11.30 games give all involved from players, supporters, managment & refs, a bit of lay in bed on one of their days off work, & also allows for frost/ice to clear from pitches, I also think it would increase the number of supporters attending junior games, as Im sure a lot of supporters would be more likely to attend an 11.30 game rather than a 10.30 game.

2pm fixtures can't be put back any later because of the light

10.30am fixtures are set to allow refs who have two matches, one in the city and one in the county time to get between pitches and maybe something to eat.

abbeyvale
19/12/2009, 10:25 AM
2pm fixtures can't be put back any later because of the light

10.30am fixtures are set to allow refs who have two matches, one in the city and one in the county time to get between pitches and maybe something to eat.

Shouldn't be eating before a game bud...............

3 Heroes
20/12/2009, 12:09 PM
Shelbourne v Holycross - off, too many polar bears on the pitch, Limerick on ice is now taking place in Shelbourne Park

northsiderkid
21/12/2009, 7:28 PM
As usual LDMC got it wrong our ref blew the game up early with us 1 behind so he could get to his afternoon game. The goalmouth was frozen for the whole game and was very dangerous this league needs a new committee with fresh ideas and about 20 new referees

Goals4fun
22/12/2009, 7:29 AM
As usual LDMC got it wrong our ref blew the game up early with us 1 behind so he could get to his afternoon game. The goalmouth was frozen for the whole game and was very dangerous this league needs a new committee with fresh ideas and about 20 new referees

so when are you signing up to be a ref??? to get new refs you need to get volunteers to give their time up to take abuse from about 22 + for a few hours on their weekend (time off) and get a bit of pocket money...:)

As with regards the ldmc....they are still working in the stone ages and I don't think this will ever change......to much politics and power games going on to run a league right. The LDMC have the opinion (as most) that their league is one of the strongest in Ireland, well if so they should run it accoridngly and not a like and friday night kick about.....