PDA

View Full Version : 1924 cup win book

historynut
16/12/2009, 6:14 PM
Anybody able to give a low down on above book, considering getting a copy, just want to know a bit more about it before committing.

Battery Rover
16/12/2009, 6:17 PM
http://www.whenwewerekings.ie/

You can email Tadhg the author from there and he will answer any query you have

historynut
16/12/2009, 6:19 PM
Talk about swift response - cheers

Martinho II
16/12/2009, 6:24 PM
I was thinking of that book the other day..Have many copies being sold yet Battery Rover? I am always unsure to buy a history of a particular period of time way before you are born...:(

Battery Rover
16/12/2009, 6:32 PM
I was thinking of that book the other day..Have many copies being sold yet Battery Rover? I am always unsure to buy a history of a particular period of time way before you are born...:(

Sold pretty well and is an excellent book for any historian. Well worth the money.

Martinho II
16/12/2009, 6:34 PM
Sold pretty well and is an excellent book for any historian. Well worth the money.

well I might consider that so... thanks battery rover!!

Scrufil
30/12/2009, 7:21 PM
I'd recommend this book too. It is interesting to read the tales about what happened to players in the past. This is not just an Athlone history but it is of interest to anyone who likes to explore our origins of the past. The chapter about the GAA is very interesting. Sport is more important here still rather than organisations being in competition towards each other.

Martinho II
11/02/2010, 10:06 AM
I'd recommend this book too. It is interesting to read the tales about what happened to players in the past. This is not just an Athlone history but it is of interest to anyone who likes to explore our origins of the past. The chapter about the GAA is very interesting. Sport is more important here still rather than organisations being in competition towards each other.

got the book in the post today.. I am really looking forward to reading it.. Its certainly very bulky..

DonalKelly
12/02/2010, 1:26 PM
Cool must get a copy of this.