PDA

View Full Version : Possible Signings for Dynamos

limfan
15/12/2009, 4:14 PM
There are strong rumours going around the town that david hennessy(ex waterford utd goalie) and steven conway (ex limerick city) are both joining the Dynamos squad this season!!

If this is true it could be the first of a wave QUALITY of players that are left in the junior sides here to follow.

culloty82
19/12/2009, 4:33 PM
Hennessey is certainly the best goalie in Kerry and would do a brilliant job, but will be interesting to see which he'd choose when the A Championship fixtures clash with Kerins O'Rahilly's county championship games. Always thought that the best in the KDL should commit themselves to going senior, and now that Dynamos are launching an end-of-season review forum, they seem to be thinking along the same lines.

limfan
28/12/2009, 4:31 PM
Hennessey is certainly the best goalie in Kerry and would do a brilliant job, but will be interesting to see which he'd choose when the A Championship fixtures clash with Kerins O'Rahilly's county championship games. Always thought that the best in the KDL should commit themselves to going senior, and now that Dynamos are launching an end-of-season review forum, they seem to be thinking along the same lines.

Thats true about Hennessy but if Dynamos get into the first division(fingers crossed?) he wud have to make it hes num 1 priority becoz he wud have to get a wage from the club! As for this season i heard that dynamos are trying to get fri night home games which helps? Any other names floating around?

culloty82
29/12/2009, 7:30 AM
Haven't heard any more, but would be no surprise if Dynamos were asked to join the First Division, as apart from the Cork saga, rumours keep going around that Salthill won't take up their place. It would be a race against time if they had to be ready for it, but no reason they wouldn't be a match for any of the teams in the bottom half at least. Whatever happens, Friday nights would see the crowds hold up throughout the season.

limfan
29/12/2009, 11:56 AM
Haven't heard any more, but would be no surprise if Dynamos were asked to join the First Division, as apart from the Cork saga, rumours keep going around that Salthill won't take up their place. It would be a race against time if they had to be ready for it, but no reason they wouldn't be a match for any of the teams in the bottom half at least. Whatever happens, Friday nights would see the crowds hold up throughout the season.

It wouldnt be exaderating by saying fri nites games in Tralee would be from 600-800 consistently if the kerry u-21 team were anything to go by when there first entered the EL. The crowds then were huge for an u-21 team, prob the most in the country including the prem former u-21 teams.
I think it wud be a bit too soon for dynamos for D1 football, one good year of a promotion wud generate business and sponsorship support instead of rushing it and goin bust!

culloty82
29/12/2009, 6:14 PM
They'd definitely need another year in the A league to get some experience, just wasn't sure when you meant when you brought it up. Like you say, they'd definiely get a good crowd when there'd be no clash with the Gaelic.

peadar1987
01/01/2010, 1:00 PM
Kerry county pride is definitely something that the league could tap into. If the club play up that aspect, and bill every game as a desperate struggle for the honour of the county, I see no reason why Dynamos couldn't be a force to be reckoned with in a few years time. Tralee definitely isn't a place teams will like going!

culloty82
02/01/2010, 7:31 AM
Yes, about the only disappointment last season was the lack of any local rivalry, but with Limerick B to be added to Cobh and Cork B (hopefully), the interest can only grow this year. Hopefully someone at the club will keep tabs on attendances this year, no reason there couldn't be three to four hundred per match when the appetite for the game is out there.

tralee_dynamo
02/01/2010, 9:54 AM
Brilliant season gone by but the squad definitely needs a few new players to build on last year. The loss of the two killarney lads (peter mccarthy in particular) will be felt as well. In my opinion the move to enter the U19 eircom league is a massive step in the right direction. It will be interesting to see the squad come the start of the season but i'd be confident that dynamos will be serious promotion contenders!

limfan
05/01/2010, 4:26 PM
Brilliant season gone by but the squad definitely needs a few new players to build on last year. The loss of the two killarney lads (peter mccarthy in particular) will be felt as well. In my opinion the move to enter the U19 eircom league is a massive step in the right direction. It will be interesting to see the squad come the start of the season but i'd be confident that dynamos will be serious promotion contenders!

The Future down here is very bright compared to alot of the EL clubs struggling and there is a bright future ahead.

I think that a real push for promotion is a realistic target assuming a few good signings join dynamos.

Friday night games will bring attendances up
Dynamos gets good publicity locally so a good run would get the county buzzing in favour of them.

keeffoq
20/01/2010, 12:51 PM
Who has peter mcarthy signed for??

culloty82
22/01/2010, 7:31 AM
Back to Killarney Celtic in the Kerry League.

The squad could be radically different next year, with reports that Dynamos and Lisselton are on the brink of merging, if they joined forces as equals, they'd be stronger than many First Division sides. Judging by Kerry's Eye though, Lisselton are being forced into this as Tralee have tapped up most of their squad, so the most they'll gain is seats on the board.

kerryfan
22/01/2010, 9:24 AM
Back to Killarney Celtic in the Kerry League.

The squad could be radically different next year, with reports that Dynamos and Lisselton are on the brink of merging, if they joined forces as equals, they'd be stronger than many First Division sides. Judging by Kerry's Eye though, Lisselton are being forced into this as Tralee have tapped up most of their squad, so the most they'll gain is seats on the board.McCarthy is goin back to Dynamos as far as I know and a few Liselton players have requested transfers this month. Dynamos do not ask players to join. If you are good enough and if you want to play at a higher level, then you will join Dynamos. This has always being the same over the years and thats why they have the best players. Any players that leave Liselton will leave because they want to play at a higher level and not because Dynamos have asked them.

culloty82
23/01/2010, 7:35 AM
I'll hold my hand up on this one, guess you're just naturally suspicious if so many players are thinking of transferring at once. I'd be surprised if the Lisselton lads aren't up to the A Championship standard, all that's needed now is the Killarney players to return with a few more, and it would become a team the whole county would support.

tralee_dynamo
23/01/2010, 2:44 PM
Im goin to request a sub forum for Tralee Dynamos in the A championship section of this site...there seems to be enough interest to merit having a sub forum in my opinion

culloty82
24/01/2010, 7:41 AM
And if you get it, you can run it, only put up posts myself just to fly the flag, cos wasn't sure if there were any more Kerry people on the site, so best to have it more official from now on.

culloty82
28/01/2010, 4:49 PM
Peter McCarthy has re-signed from Killarney Celtic, while Kevin McCarthy has joined from Lisselton. Hennessey hasn't officially moved yet, but is training with Dynamos, while Sean Brosnan (Castleisland) and Damien Locke (Tralee Celtic) are also reported to have signed. The transfer deadline is midnight Sunday, with other players from the Park, Killarney Celtic and Castleisland also considering going senior.

theboy
29/01/2010, 8:08 AM
Peter McCarthy has re-signed from Killarney Celtic, while Kevin McCarthy has joined from Lisselton. Hennessey hasn't officially moved yet, but is training with Dynamos, while Sean Brosnan (Castleisland) and Damien Locke (Tralee Celtic) are also reported to have signed. The transfer deadline is midnight Sunday, with other players from the Park, Killarney Celtic and Castleisland also considering going senior.

Is the deadline for signing players for the A-League closing this sunday?? does it re-open again mid way through the season again? i thought i was much later before it closed as in a couple of weeks before the season kicked off.

culloty82
29/01/2010, 4:45 PM
More the deadline for signing KDL players I'd say, which in Dynamos case is all they'd be able to bring in anyway.