PDA

View Full Version : world club championship

sean r
12/12/2009, 9:44 PM
can ireland host the world club championship? looking at the uae they are only using 2 grounds. you dont need a series of stadiums to host this cup. ireland have the new landsdown road, thoumand park and croke park. if the gaa plays ball with us we can use croke park to host it. since were not going to the world cup should the fai try and get the world club cup? and it is in december so wont interfere with the loi . but i think we have enough stadiums to host it we just need 2 or maybe 3. and the irish club has a chance to progress because the host nations club team played the oceiana club. so the loi champion can play a new zealand club and the loi club should win it. also the financial windfall for the loi club would be huge!!! i think we can hos tit in 2013 after the uae's contract runs out. should ireland put in for it?

HarpoJoyce
13/12/2009, 12:34 AM
I think the reason that Asia gets to host it, is to present a 'neutral'/lesser venue to UEFA and CONMEBOL, certain economies can afford the presentation. I believe FIFA resurrected the competition (x 2) more as a money making enterprise. Layering one competion after another.

Although having said all that I wouldn't mind seeing Zamalek or Esperance at The Billy Morton Stadium.