:D

i love corkcityfootie.ie

razor
09/03/2004, 2:24 PM
Must say i'm not gone on the name.

:(

GavinZac
09/03/2004, 2:28 PM
i know, i offered him ccfc.cjb.net for free but to no avail.

razor
09/03/2004, 2:30 PM
Not gone on that either.
:D

tiktok
09/03/2004, 3:51 PM
:confused: there's a new website? :confused: really? :confused:

GavinZac
10/03/2004, 8:06 AM
Originally posted by SuperKev
I dont care what name he puts on it. Everybody was moaning about citynet being closed and that we needed a new site. Someone actually bothers do it and then all there is is criticism. Maybe the site isnt perfect but i think it looks quite good. And after all its only after being set up. Well done Extreme Rebel

i was bothering to do it, before he decides to download the site from phpNuke, go to ukhosting and get them to set it up, and then ask people on here to give him the content :D

NorthoftheLee
10/03/2004, 8:32 AM
nothing is stopping you from completing your website Gav.....why dont you finish it so people can judge it for themselves.....it will save them from having to read snipe after snipe after snipe from you about corkcityfootie.com......its getting well boring at this stage....i for one couldnt give a rats arse about how a site is developed....

GavinZac
10/03/2004, 8:46 AM
it will save them from having to read snipe after snipe after snipe from you about corkcityfootie.com......its getting well boring at this stage....i
im commenting on it whenever he spams the board with more ads, its called having an opinion

im try to fecking help the lads if you went over and read the site.
im just trying to say the site looks like any other phpNuke site they could change it without robbing stuff from eleven-a-side!
im all for them making a good site but at the moment it looks like they threw the site together from other stuff to get it up as soon as possible to jump into citynet's place! i mean they surely didnt even think about the name for very long, corkcityfootie? cork city foot dot ie? fair play to them for trying but i want to see a good site, not just any one. thats why i set up the petition to save citynet (http://ccfc.cjb.net) which about 50 of ye signed, the rest being derry and hibs fans, and people from here in college.

between the three lads they've paid for the domain name, im guessing €35, and the hosting from ukhosting, maybe €50. i dont have that money so any site i do is going to be hosted on bloody geocities with ccfc.cjb.net as a portal. not only have i got goldentech.cjb.net to finish before i can do anything, ive then got a bloody great vb6 project to do for UCC, on my own. i then have work to go to, and a life. if you'd like to help me with the site you're welcome, come to ORB.B.0.2 in UCC any day

James
10/03/2004, 10:56 AM
saucer of milk for all the UCC heads

lads meetup in the college bar, a nice roll a few pints watch some mtv. chill out like.

college was so less stressfull in my day :)

GavinZac
10/03/2004, 11:11 AM
ccfc.cjb.net
corkcityfootie.com

:confused:

razor
10/03/2004, 11:12 AM
Well it all really boils down to the fact that we have another City site and that can only be good news.

We must spread the word of City through out.

Fair Play to the lad(s) for putting in the time and effort.

Just hope it can be maintained consistantly in the longer term in the way Citynet was.

Great Job guys.

Keep it going.

GavinZac
10/03/2004, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by xtreme rebel
your the one who has been spamming for weeks trying to get people the save Citynet and you have the names of 50 City genuine City fans?

Your obsessed with our site if you ask me, jealous maybe.

You slate us here, yet still on our forum you ask us can you start adding content to the site?

I am in UCC also, and the €35 euro and €50 euro you quoted above are very short of the mark.

We have put alot of money, effort, and free time in the site and you just slate it. The site is good, and now that the basic platform is there to work on, we can start improving the site, its not perfect, but it will be.

How would you like the site to be improved??? Just have the site as a petition?;)

on your forum i did NOT ask to be involved with the site. i said that it is an option ye could have to allow fans to submit news stories and features like e-hibees.co.uk used to do. don't twist my words.

spamming? i had one thread open about the petition. you've got about 3 open and have mentioned your site in virtually every post you've made.

jealous? yes. im here trying to write a page in java and xhtml and you just pay for yours and yes, its annoying. obssessed? what gave you that idea, ive simply posted in threads about your site.

well done on putting in the free time and effort. i havent got that free time, or the money. im not slating the site; in fact if you read what ive said in various places is that it has improved. i just think the layout and the design could be more (or at all) original, and give credit where its due. i see you've done that in your news pages, well done, thats one topic out of the way.

i hope that if you continue to update and add more features to the site, you'll have a pretty good one in no time at all.

and as for ccfc.cjb.net being only a link to the petition? thats because the petiton link wouldnt work on citynet so i had to make a page to redirect it. i dont suppose you'd like to add the petition to your site, it being a poorer version of citynet and all.

i wish you all the luck in the world with the site but:
a) just acknowledge that the actual design was easier than writing hours of code
b) give credit (done)
c) keep it up
d) stop spamming

GavinZac
10/03/2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by xtreme rebel
The site got about 15-20 seconds of air time on red fm yesterday morning at about 10.40. They said it was a great site etc, so I think you are on your own with regard to not thinking its a good site.

good for you. keep improving the site, i've said its getting better since you've put some content into it. im not on my own however, i havent been the only dissenting voice on the forum, and ive spoken to a couple of city fans and they had mixed feelings about it too.

GavinZac
10/03/2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by kenthenorrie
[QUOTE]Originally posted by GavinZac
[B][b]

im here trying to write a page in java and xhtml and you just pay for yours and yes, its annoying.

the site is a static page. no dynamic content at all. a simple page with static links, created in photoshop. so why oh why would we pay for it. what did we pay for exactly. the poll is dynamic. free to download off many sites. couldn't be bothered writing jsp/servlet pages to do that. i get paid to write java. why would i code it in my spare time ?

so we paid for a company to host it and paid for a domain name. 45 euro in total. you sound confused to be honest. maybe your writing too much java code and XHTML. :confused: .

i'm curious as to what you do , besides posting on foot ?

i thought you said i was off the mark with the pricing?
you paid for the professional hosting and a pretty unimaginative domain. i never said you paid for the layout; no, why would you when you can download them for free? good on ya for designing it in photoshop. maybe you should airbrush out the BY ZYMIC.COM. try and upload it to geocities, see what happens.

and what has what i do got to do with anything? what do you even mean by what do i do?

look you seem to think i have some large personal problem with you and your site. all ive said negative about to was that there was nothing on it (when there wasnt), that your spamming this site and that the layout was thrown together from other peoples. was i wrong?

dahamsta
10/03/2004, 1:33 PM
****ing kids. Take your whinging bitch fight to PM or suffer my wrath. Xtreme rebel, drop it, good dog. Everybody that cares knows.