http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2009/1210/munster.html

Pity the ROI football team couldnt do that!! :D

old git
10/12/2009, 9:08 PM
What a team eh??

Where the likes of De Villiers can be overlooked

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2009/1210/munster.html

Pity the ROI football team couldnt do that!! :D

ROI football team would not have a south african & 2 new zealand players on the team :D:D

paul_oshea
11/12/2009, 12:56 PM
Nor would the Ireland rugby team ;)

tipp man
11/12/2009, 4:32 PM
He deserves to be dropped. Both he and Nick Williams have been very disappointing. Neither show the committment of a Doug Howlett.

centre mid
11/12/2009, 5:00 PM
In fairness to De Villiers, its hard when O'Gara is booting the ball all the time. He is excellent with the ball in hand but I agree that he has not been up to scratch so far. Interesting call from McGahan.

Jofspring
21/12/2009, 12:15 AM
De Villers hasn't had a chance to touch the ball hence his non existent performances. He should be starting at 12 and showed today how lethal he can be. With mafi not passing it was killing his game. Hopefully he can get a decent run now at 12.

joeSoap
22/12/2009, 3:25 PM
He deserves to be dropped. Both he and Nick Williams have been very disappointing. Neither show the committment of a Doug Howlett.Idiotic comment. Pure and simple. Theres nothing at all wrong with De Villiers commitment. The game plan doesn't suit him, thats all. He showed what he's capable of on Sunday, and when he adapts more to the game Munster are playing then he will really shine.

Jofspring
23/12/2009, 11:28 AM
To add to my comment above i thought Mafi actually played well and passed the ball a bit more on Sunday which a lot of people seem to have forgetten because of De Villers getting a try. Should be a good battle there for the number 12 jersey for the rest of the season.

centre mid
23/12/2009, 11:36 AM
Off topic but I dont know how Mafi didnt get a red card on Sunday, couple of late and high tackles, he seems to ride a very tight line between giving away a penalty and being just in time when tackling.

joeSoap
23/12/2009, 11:47 AM
Off topic but I dont know how Mafi didnt get a red card on Sunday, couple of late and high tackles, he seems to ride a very tight line between giving away a penalty and being just in time when tackling.Plays on the edge all the time and does seem to be quite brainless at times. For me he's a bit too one-dimensional and has become quite easy to defend against. He seems to 'shoulder-block' opponents in the tackle which is of course illegal as you have to wrap your arms around in the tackle. Wouldn't be my first candidate to be dropped from the side, along with Earls who has not at all proven to be a class centre in this seasons HC, but they're both close. Personally, I would leave Earls at full-back or wing with Howlett being dropped from my ideal Munster side. I believe his pace to be on the wane and any of Earls, Dowling or Hurley would be a better option than him. I'd also like to see Barry Murphy back to full fitness...

centre mid
23/12/2009, 11:52 AM
I agree Earls is not a centre and is wasted there, not sure he has the kicking game of a modern full back but he is a joy to watch on the wing. Big opportunity to claim a spot on the Ireland IV with Fitzgerald injured, Tommy Bowe is one of the first names on the team sheet for me.