PDA

View Full Version : Budget 2010- Good for LOI clubs?

Mr A
10/12/2009, 12:13 PM
There was a provision in the budget that businesses would be exempt from employers PRSI for a year for new employees. Given that most clubs only give out new contracts in the new year, this would seem to indicate a decent saving for clubs.

Can any of the accountant dudes give an opinion on this?

Longfordian
10/12/2009, 1:46 PM
They definitely do have to pay the PRSI. They're seasonal employees in the case of part timers.

Croker
10/12/2009, 10:39 PM
There was a provision in the budget that businesses would be exempt from employers PRSI for a year for new employees. Given that most clubs only give out new contracts in the new year, this would seem to indicate a decent saving for clubs.

Can any of the accountant dudes give an opinion on this?

As far as I know business' will be able to avail of this where people have been unemployed for 6 months, so I guess the close season could be nearly six months. Maybe clubs will not sign players until the six months ends.....could be lots of signings after the seasons starts to avail of relief, which equates to 8.5% or 10.75% on the players gross salaries.
The finer details of this measure have not been published yet.

Doomofman
11/12/2009, 12:48 AM
As far as I know business' will be able to avail of this where people have been unemployed for 6 months, so I guess the close season could be nearly six months. Maybe clubs will not sign players until the six months ends.....could be lots of signings after the seasons starts to avail of relief, which equates to 8.5% or 10.75% on the players gross salaries.
The finer details of this measure have not been published yet.

And you think the players will be happy to be unemployed for 6 months?

Croker
11/12/2009, 7:54 AM
And you think the players will be happy to be unemployed for 6 months?
No, I'm just commenting on the original question!

Croker
11/12/2009, 5:43 PM
They aren't employess, they are contractors.

This will affect bigger clubs who have full time staff off the pitch in the admin, bar and shop side, but has no relevance to the playing staff.
thats just incorrect.....of course players are employees. If there are any clubs paying players as self employed contractors the Revenue Commissioners will have a field day!!

Longfordian
11/12/2009, 6:50 PM
The Revenue clamped down on that years ago and wrote to clubs telling them in no uncertain terms that players were employees like everyone else and came under the PAYE system.