PDA

View Full Version : So who's out and who's in?

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

centre mid
26/02/2010, 12:38 PM
I'd definelty take Dan Connor, wouldnt be pushed with Baker or Robinson for that matter. Would depend on wages I suppose.

naoise kennedy
26/02/2010, 12:52 PM
What 72 hour deadline?

We can still sign players who are out of contract, there is no deadline on that.

the Brennan roumer might have some truth, he was at the match last night. Also head ex Rovers, Bohs and Shels player Mark O'Brien is training with us. Would be great to get him in !

I heard loads of roumers at the game last night, Dan Connor, Dessie Baker, Shane Robinson all mentioned along with about another 20 names ! :D

someone posted that we had 72 hours to sign contracted players,, i knew about the out of contract players but saying that some good interesting players mentioned above.

BrayUnknowns
26/02/2010, 1:15 PM
I heard loads of roumers at the game last night, Dan Connor, Dessie Baker, Shane Robinson all mentioned along with about another 20 names ! :D

I heard all those names being mentioned aswell. Wouldn't go near Robinson ! money grabbing so and so from what ive heard

jonboy
26/02/2010, 3:14 PM
where is franco?? is he gone again?

Hulsey
26/02/2010, 3:16 PM
What 72 hour deadline?

We can still sign players who are out of contract, there is no deadline on that.

the Brennan roumer might have some truth, he was at the match last night. Also head ex Rovers, Bohs and Shels player Mark O'Brien is training with us. Would be great to get him in !

Would've thought the three mentioned would be far too expensive for us to even contemplate signing. Unless they want a club and are willing to take a big hit in wages. Was Connor not strongly linked to Pats? Robbie Doyle seemed to be strongly mentioned in the rumours last night

naoise kennedy
26/02/2010, 3:46 PM
where is franco?? is he gone again?

last i heard at the dundalk match was that he was not fit yet..

Roo69
26/02/2010, 4:29 PM
Franco Still there, was talking to him and he is training away.

The Fox
28/02/2010, 11:54 AM
What 72 hour deadline?

I really think that we need to sign at least 5 experienced players along the lines of those mentioned here.
I thought Stephen Brennan started last season well and then faded - he did pass well early on but then his form dipped. I thought the opposite of Mulcahy - started slowly but finished the season strongly.
Gavin Whelan was ok when he was with us but never really repeated the form that he had shown with Drogheda the previos season when he won the league.
We definitely need goalkeeper competition and an experienced striker aswell - Baker and Connor would fit the bill.

rocket
28/02/2010, 12:38 PM
Have not been impressed with either keeper used in pre season but picking up a keeper of prem quality is going to be very difficult now. Id love to Dessie Baker come in both for his goal scoring ability and the experience he could give to our young strikers

The Fox
28/02/2010, 9:26 PM
Dont see any new names mentioned in the Drogheda match report?

Grey Boy
02/03/2010, 5:46 AM
Very suprised there hasn't been any new signings announced at this stage. Does anyone know if any are on the cards before Friday?

KK77
02/03/2010, 10:59 AM
What about Stephen Fox? Is he with Arklow or is he still playing for that matter?

gufcfan
02/03/2010, 11:36 AM
So who would you pick as your first choice XI from what you have so far?

Bray-Z
02/03/2010, 2:01 PM
So who would you pick as your first choice XI from what you have so far?

Well the first XI against Athlone was:
Kane
Doyle, Philip Knight, Shane O'Connor, Massey
Shields, David O'Neill, Dean Zambra, Jake Kelly,
Mulroy, Shane O'Neill

I'd guess it'd pretty much be that, except maybe David Tyrrell would start.

BrayUnknowns
02/03/2010, 8:24 PM
Very suprised there hasn't been any new signings announced at this stage. Does anyone know if any are on the cards before Friday?

From what i've heard the following are training with us and we are in talks with them - Dave Rogers, Mark O'Brien, Robbie Doyle, Stephen Brennan, Mark Leech, Gavin Whelan and Anto Flood (i think).

There are a few others as well but i can't remember who they are.

naoise kennedy
03/03/2010, 7:01 AM
[QUOTE=BrayUnknowns;1328161]From what i've heard the following are training with us and we are in talks with them - Dave Rogers, Mark O'Brien, Robbie Doyle, Stephen Brennan, Mark Leech, Gavin Whelan and Anto Flood (i think).

some very interesting players mentioned there...all areas covered

Riddickcule
03/03/2010, 4:55 PM
Gavin Whelan should get an interesting reception back..

chippydevlin
04/03/2010, 3:08 AM
Robbie Doyle is back also.

Grey Boy
04/03/2010, 7:43 AM

Christ.

naoise kennedy
04/03/2010, 8:01 AM

has he signed or about to sign??? some people might not like robbie back and i can understand why, but, he does have a different part to him on the pitch that others don't, leggings, hair bands,, but he also has an extra bit of skill thats unpredictable.. an extra edge that is needed...

Stevo Da Gull
04/03/2010, 12:02 PM
I'm happy to have Robbie back anyway (if he is back). There's no questioning that he's talented. If we/he can get the best out of himself then he'll be a great asset. It is an if, but obviously Eddie is prepared to see how things work out.

tippex
04/03/2010, 12:13 PM
any news of any more signings?

Hulsey
04/03/2010, 3:25 PM
Confirmed on website that Robbie Doyle has signed. If his attitude is right this is a good signing imo. Will carry much better goal threat than Kelly

KK77
04/03/2010, 3:38 PM
Christ.

Flip Flop returns!

The Robbie Keane and Josemi of the LOI! Suppose beggers can't be choosers. Hopefully his attitude and mind will on the game big if but sure we will see.

Roo69
04/03/2010, 5:09 PM
Robbie Doyle and Richie Baker both confirmed signings for Bray

superfrank
04/03/2010, 6:02 PM
I'm glad to see Ritchie Baker signing for us. He could prove to be a good performer.

I'm really not happy about having Robbie Doyle back. Hasn't the club learned anything from the last few times? Fair enough, you can give somebody a second chance but this is too much. Imo, the fact that Dundalk and Sporting have both released him since says a lot.

KR's Post
04/03/2010, 6:03 PM
2 fantastic signings for Bray! Baker is a speed merchant and Robbie will score given the chances. Robbie and Shane O Neill up top!

Grey Boy
04/03/2010, 7:09 PM
I'm glad to see Ritchie Baker signing for us. He could prove to be a good performer.

I'm really not happy about having Robbie Doyle back. Hasn't the club learned anything from the last few times? Fair enough, you can give somebody a second chance but this is too much. Imo, the fact that Dundalk and Sporting have both released him since says a lot.

Ditto. Always liked Richie Baker. Will give RD the benefit of the doubt but feel will have an "I told you so" moment later in the season.

KK77
05/03/2010, 8:25 AM

I am sure you could add a few more clubs to that list as well but sure it's not his fault he's just a misunderstood flawed genius.Totally agree with what you say but hope to be proved wrong.

KK77
05/03/2010, 8:25 AM
2 fantastic signings for Bray! Baker is a speed merchant and Robbie will score given the chances. Robbie and Shane O Neill up top!

3 or 4 goals in 30 odd appearances for us hardly backs this up. He's a flawed genius who's just misunderstood. Remember one of the first things Eddie did when he took charge was bomb this fella out. I suppose it's a sign of the times. If we had stayed up at the end of last season i honestly believe he wouldn't have brought him back.

superfrank
05/03/2010, 10:49 AM
Totally agree with what you say but hope to be proved wrong.
Same here. For the sake of the team, I'd love to be proven wrong about him.

lowflyingseagul
05/03/2010, 11:38 AM
decent interview with eddie , looking to sign a few more

http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/2986/

BrayUnknowns
05/03/2010, 11:42 AM
3 or 4 goals in 30 odd appearances for us hardly backs this up. He's a flawed genius who's just misunderstood. Remember one of the first things Eddie did when he took charge was bomb this fella out. I suppose it's a sign of the times. If we had stayed up at the end of last season i honestly believe he wouldn't have brought him back.

As long as players do it on the pitch season then i don't really mind who we sign, i think people personal opnions about a player off the pitch get involved in on the pitch issues.

Not a great return but sure he was being played out of position on the right wing, so i would have though 1 goal in every 8-10 games is average for a midfielder?

KK77
05/03/2010, 11:47 AM
As long as players do it on the pitch season then i don't really mind who we sign, i think people personal opnions about a player off the pitch get involved in on the pitch issues.

Not a great return but sure he was being played out of position on the right wing, so i would have though 1 goal in every 8-10 games is average for a midfielder?

Which is a huge question with the player in question.

Hulsey
05/03/2010, 12:59 PM
To be honest he's more likely to score than what we had last year. On the pitch might be another question though

KR's Post
05/03/2010, 1:28 PM
Rafa stop stirring it. Robbie in his first spell wasn't played much. And he was a work horse in his second spell. Zayed took the plaudits but Robbie done the donkey work. Myself and anto discussed this when he signed for his 2nd spell. I remember he was taken off against pats and the boo's from us could be heard back in Bray cos he had a great game and lazy **** zayed did nothing and was left on!

Hulsey
05/03/2010, 2:09 PM
Rafa stop stirring it. Robbie in his first spell wasn't played much. And he was a work horse in his second spell. Zayed took the plaudits but Robbie done the donkey work. Myself and anto discussed this when he signed for his 2nd spell. I remember he was taken off against pats and the boo's from us could be heard back in Bray cos he had a great game and lazy **** zayed did nothing and was left on!

Remember that well KR. And if I remember correctly Robbie won a peno and picked up the ball and Zayed took it off him on management orders and then proceeded to miss it with a proper sh!t peno

Roo69
05/03/2010, 2:56 PM

Jesus i remember that now, i think it was one of the 1st times i can really remember the fans getting on the managers back about taking the wrong player off. I think in that game to Robbie won a peno and Zayed took and the ball and missed the peno?

Edit - Didn't see Hulsy's post above :)

KK77
05/03/2010, 3:34 PM

Stirring nothing. One game against Pats means nothing. Zayed was and is a better player. He is a striker who scores goals. Pity the same can't be said about Robbie Doyle. The fact he has had so many clubs tells the tale imo.

Martinho II
05/03/2010, 7:00 PM
what years did Robbie doyle play for ye?

tippex
06/03/2010, 12:40 PM
no matter what anyone says about robbie he put a shift in last night.
I think he couls be a really good influence on the pitch for the younger guys (I know that seems a bit off the wall but I juyst have a feeling that robbie has a point to prove and is going to prove it)

KK77
08/03/2010, 8:21 AM
no matter what anyone says about robbie he put a shift in last night.
I think he couls be a really good influence on the pitch for the younger guys (I know that seems a bit off the wall but I juyst have a feeling that robbie has a point to prove and is going to prove it)

Yeah hope Flip Flop can prove a point. Time will tell.

SupaJon
08/03/2010, 9:28 AM
Friday night was my first ever League of Ireland game.

I had been meaning to start going to games but never did.
I was a typical English big-4 'fan' and couldn't see the point of going to a LOI game based on what I percieved to be a rubbish quality football game.

However, after Friday night I realised what I'd been missing out on all along.
It's not really about going to see a game and sitting there expecting to be entertained.
It's about sitting in front of your team and being part of a vocal support.
I wish I'd started going to games sooner!

And that move near the end between our 2 yound forwards, which Shane missed wouldn't have looked out of place on any level!

Really can't wait for the next home against Fingal.

Also, it was good to see a lot of families & kids at the Carlisle.

My nephew will be over from Paris in April, so I'll drag him along - give him a football education!

Roo69
08/03/2010, 1:32 PM

I was a typical English big-4 'fan' and couldn't see the point of going to a LOI game based on what I percieved to be a rubbish quality football game.

It's not really about going to see a game and sitting there expecting to be entertained.

And that move near the end between our 2 yound forwards, which Shane missed wouldn't have looked out of place on any level!

My nephew will be over from Paris in April, so I'll drag him along - give him a football education!

Fair play to ya. Great to have new supporters on board.

Seagull
08/03/2010, 3:22 PM

Welcome to the Carlisle! Like the way you say 'Our' 2 young forwards, you're one of us now!

SupaJon
08/03/2010, 3:30 PM
Welcome to the Carlisle! Like the way you say 'Our' 2 young forwards, you're one of us now!

:D

I've been doing that subconciously since Friday night!

My Dad gave me some funny looks when I was telling him about the match - "What do you mean 'we'?"

I'll try and drag him up to a game when the weather gets warmer. :cool:

Grey Boy
08/03/2010, 9:10 PM

It's only fair to warn you that there is no going back now.

Stevo Da Gull
09/03/2010, 1:34 AM
what years did Robbie doyle play for ye?

Robbie played for us at the backend of the 01-02 season and bagged his first goal for the club before going onto UCD and then Bohs. He rejoined in 2006 and, as has been mentioned, played mainly as a right winger and fell out of favour after half of the season IIRC. Him and Shane O'Neill looked good up front and will hopefully form a good partnership.

I hope Shane's head doesn't drop after his misses last week, he wasn't far off being a star player on the night.

SupaJon, welcome aboard ;)

SupaJon
09/03/2010, 9:49 AM
SupaJon, welcome aboard ;)

Cheers! :D

In terms of tickets - am I safe enough buying them at the ground before kick off or will some games be a sell out?

tippex
09/03/2010, 11:32 AM
Cheers! :D

In terms of tickets - am I safe enough buying them at the ground before kick off or will some games be a sell out?

You should be safe enough for the moment but if you want to be 100% safe you should think of a season ticket as its only €99 for an adult ticket.