PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Cards/Calendars

Kevin L
08/12/2009, 11:44 PM
I couldn't think of a title so I just used the obvious one.

Over the last few weeks, there has been a number of suggestions on who the Club should sign and not sign and even on how much we should pay these players.
As I said before we are all managers and have our own theories on who we should sign and not sign. One thing for sure we all want to put out the best team possible and this is going to cost money.
Our budget for next season is reduced and in turn the money we offer players will be reduced-simple maths.
The money we get from people coming through the gate will never pay the bills and therefore we must rely on fundraisers to make up the difference.
Our main fundraisers are the Lotto, the 400 Club and our Sponsors/Advertisers. We have various other fundraisers during the year like the draws, the legends matches, table quizes and race nights.
A special mention also for our half time raffle and programme sales.

Our last 2 fundraisers that we have this side of Christmas are our Christmas Cards and Calendars.
I started a thread a few weeks ago called "Help Needed"-basically I was asking for people to help sell our Christmas Cards. There was 188 views but not one offer of help.
It will be a shame come next March if we lose the first few games and people are saying we should have resigned such a player or why didn't we sign that player-the simple reason we didn't will be because we didn't have the money.
I know the majority of people posting are die hard Rovers fans and maybe have already bought cards and calendars but I'm sure there are a lot who haven't.

Have we 50 people who will take 5 calendars and 10 packs of cards?
that's 5,000 euro, just under 100 euro a week - that could be the difference that will push a deal over the line.

5 Calendars, 1 for yourself and 4 for presents.
10 Packs of Cards, 1 for yourself, 2 for your family and 7 left to sell.
The calendars are really an advertisement for the Club.

So let's try this again, we need HELP to sell our cards and the rest of our calendars. We have approx 2 weeks to sell them.
Have we 50 people to take 5 calendars and 10 packs of cards? ie 100 euro per person.
I'm going to try it so we only need 49 more - over to you lads.
Do you you really want to see me or Sligoman warming up on the line when we are 1 nil down and looking for some inspiration from the bench?

The cards and calendars are being sold in the Shop, Jako Sports and Barton Smiths.

Lads when I log on here in the morning I want to see 49 PM's!!

CF1989
09/12/2009, 12:18 AM
Sligoman warming up on the line when we are 1 nil down and looking for some inspiration from the bench?

yes please!! dont sell any!

sligoman
09/12/2009, 2:25 PM
CF told me a while ago that he'd sell some cards, not sure if he PM'd you or not about it.
Do you you really want to see me or Sligoman warming up on the line when we are 1 nil down and looking for some inspiration from the bench?I'd love to. Shall I PM you my terms?

CF1989
09/12/2009, 3:26 PM
sligoman, my battery went in my phone, yeah thats a good idea you taking some and selling them when your on your xmas holidays next week from college and work, think you have kevins number, if not i'll send it on

sligored
09/12/2009, 4:03 PM
What about Super Red Gift Vouchers in a signed card by cookie or a couple of the players and charge 30 euro each (normally 20 euro) as xmas presents for kids. I would buy 2 anyway.
An ideal xmas present for kids and one that my young fella would treasure on xmas morning.
Just an idea.

Kevin L
10/12/2009, 9:29 AM
Sligo Red,

PM me your details and I'll organise it for you.

Over 350 views and not one offer of help-amazing.

CF1989
10/12/2009, 1:31 PM
i have exams and a full time job for christmas

avvenalaf
11/12/2009, 4:13 PM
Oi! Who's this Darren Meehan guy in the calender? There Will Be Blood

Kevin L
11/12/2009, 6:29 PM
Tax Reasons!!