PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Season

Danny
08/12/2009, 9:52 AM
dont know if these are well known but,

www.stpatsfc.com

IMPORTANT DATES FOR 2010 SEASON
Below are some of the key proposed dates for the new 2010 season.

Start of League Season March 5th
Setanta Sports Cup Final May 15th
Mid Season Break June 10th Until June 24th
EA Sports Cup Final September 25th
Final game of the League Season November 5th
FAI Cup Final November 21st

Dillonman
08/12/2009, 10:17 AM
I thought I read the other day that they are scrapping the mid season break to help clubs.

Paddyfield
08/12/2009, 10:23 AM
I thought I read the other day that they are scrapping the mid season break to help clubs.

The World Cup is on.

brianw82
08/12/2009, 11:25 AM

It was put forward at the meeting of clubs (by some clubs), but I don't think it was scrapped.

Dillonman
08/12/2009, 11:29 AM
It was put forward at the meeting of clubs (by some clubs), but I don't think it was scrapped.

Ah ok then, just remember seeing it in a paper that a few clubs where looking for it to be scrapped and thought it mentioned that it was gone.

Schumi
08/12/2009, 12:41 PM
Mid Season Break June 10th Until June 24th

Over just in time for the end of the world cup groups and the knockout stages again.

MMVIII
08/12/2009, 1:12 PM
Lovely, a break in the middle of the LC, no distractions now :o

Riddickcule
08/12/2009, 5:07 PM
Lovely, a break in the middle of the LC, no distractions now :o
Oh, thank you ever so much for the reminder :mad::rolleyes:

MMVIII
08/12/2009, 5:19 PM
Oh, thank you ever so much for the reminder :mad::rolleyes:

I'm here all year :cool:

The Lep
08/12/2009, 8:51 PM
What is the set up next year with the relagation, promotion and play offs? is it the same as this year or will there be a change?

fionnsci
08/12/2009, 8:54 PM
What is the set up next year with the relagation, promotion and play offs? is it the same as this year or will there be a change?

same.

dcfcsteve
09/12/2009, 12:38 AM
Another cold, wet and windy Cup Final beckons I see..... :mad:

Dodge
09/12/2009, 6:31 AM
Another cold, wet and windy Cup Final beckons I see..... :mad:Not for you or me Steve... :(

peadar1987
09/12/2009, 11:22 AM
Not for you or me Steve... :(

Another cold, wet and windy Cup Final beckons I see..... :D

Fixed!

CF1989
09/12/2009, 1:23 PM
why is there a break during the world cup? means clubs now have to pay players during a week or two off with no gate for those two weeks. why have a holiday during the world cup? to watch new zealand or algeria?

WoodquayBoy
09/12/2009, 1:32 PM
I would imagine (and hope I'm not giving clubs any ideas) that clubs will try and write clauses into new contracts that players won't be paid during this 2-week break??

Mr A
09/12/2009, 1:32 PM
It's always been there. Clubs know its coming and should budget for it accordingly.

That said, the league will schedule matches up against the Champions League and latter stages of the world cup, yet aim not to clash with the group stages- does not make much sense.

Schumi
09/12/2009, 1:40 PM
the league will schedule matches up against the Champions League and latter stages of the world cup, yet aim not to clash with the group stages- does not make much sense.

They scheduled a mid-week round to clash with the semi finals the last time too. :rolleyes:

Dillonman
09/12/2009, 8:23 PM
Im not too sure where to post this but does anyone know if a club has to have its budget ratified by the FAI before they can start renewing contracts/confirming contracts seen as though the non playing staff have to be considered within the limits now too?

Dodge
09/12/2009, 8:28 PM
why is there a break during the world cup? means clubs now have to pay players during a week or two off with no gate for those two weeks. why have a holiday during the world cup? to watch new zealand or algeria?

the players union requested the break so players could go on their holidays.

WoodquayBoy
09/12/2009, 11:03 PM
Im not too sure where to post this but does anyone know if a club has to have its budget ratified by the FAI before they can start renewing contracts/confirming contracts seen as though the non playing staff have to be considered within the limits now too?
From what I've been told by someone connected with United, yes, on both queries, but open to correction on both

Ezeikial
10/12/2009, 1:09 AM

No - I don't see any reason why clubs can't sign players to contacts as normal (unless under a transfer embargo), and many clubs have announced signings of both current and new players.

There is an onus on clubs to have their overall budget approved by the FAI, and hence clubs may be waiting for clarificatiion on a number of issues. It would be fool-hardy, but hardly unusual in LoI, for clubs to finalise and allocate the full budget without having FAI budget ratification, and clarification on issues like the new Salary Cap Protocol. In any case, budget figures mentioned by clubs in media interviews etc should always be taken with a pinch of salt, as these figures tend to be aspirational rather then automatically a reality

marinobohs
15/12/2009, 10:01 AM
There is an onus on clubs to have their overall budget approved by the FAI, and hence clubs may be waiting for clarificatiion on a number of issues. It would be fool-hardy, but hardly unusual in LoI, for clubs to finalise and allocate the full budget without having FAI budget ratification, and clarification on issues like the new Salary Cap Protocol. In any case, budget figures mentioned by clubs in media interviews etc should always be taken with a pinch of salt, as these figures tend to be aspirational rather then automatically a reality

I could be wrong but isn't this what happened Sligo last season ? the FAI rejected the proposed budget and told them to do some subtraction ?