PDA

View Full Version : irish performers in spl this week

Acornvilla
07/12/2009, 5:43 PM
hilites of the weekend spl action is on sky sports right now

Acornvilla
07/12/2009, 5:44 PM
two brilliant assists by mcgeady

Stokes first goal was a very good finish, got lucky with deflection for the second.
Patrick gregg started that match aswell
Stack on the bench?

Sean dillon passed an excelent through ball in for dundees first goal and almost had a hand in a second but for the striker to miss a sitter.

G Gartland dived in to early and was partially to blame for the only goal in his match
Connor Sammon played (started) in the same match for Kilmarnock

And billy memeth hit the post!

I think thats all the notable things anyone did this weekend :)

SkStu
07/12/2009, 6:17 PM
Stephen o' Donnel scored a very good goal aswell for falkirk beating to men and scoring from the edge of the box

it was for St. Mirren. He's scottish. The Stephen O'Donnell youre thinking of (who used to play for Falkirk) moved from Bohs to Cork City last off season and as far as i know is still there.

Acornvilla
07/12/2009, 6:28 PM
it was for St. Mirren. He's scottish. The Stephen O'Donnell youre thinking of (who used to play for Falkirk) moved from Bohs to Cork City last off season and as far as i know is still there.
alright taught i had heard earlier that he had moved back to scotland must have dreamt it.... you are right sir :)

SkStu
07/12/2009, 6:29 PM
alright taught ihad heard earlierthat he had moved back to scotland? i'll go lok it up but thanks

no worries - but less typing and more thanking. :)

Acornvilla
07/12/2009, 6:37 PM
no worries - but less typing and more thanking. :)
happy now? :rolleyes:

Ciaran W
07/12/2009, 7:08 PM
Kurtis byrne came on as a sub for hibs,hes only 19 and lived on the same road as me :D

Westernblue
07/12/2009, 10:28 PM
Kurtis byrne came on as a sub for hibs,hes only 19 and lived on the same road as me :D
Great to hear you all mentioning my team Hibernian FC so much. What a change not all the usual Celtic this and Celtic that. But you forgot to mention our star player so far this season Liam Miller who is back to his very best! I was at Easter Road for the game against Killie recently and he was everywhere, pure class. I am a little bit disappointed with Patrick Cregg as he had a great season with Falkirk last year, but is struggling to get a game at present. Was actually a sub on Saturday and came on for the last few minutes. Graham Stack is injured at present but has also been superb. Anthony Stokes is trying hard and got a super goal at Ibrox and I was delighted again he got 2 on Saturday but he needs to score more often. Hopefully this will give him a confidence boost. Kurtis Byrne is a young lad and a natural goalscorer whose chance will come. He is highly thought of and was a key member of our double winning u-19 team last season. Things are looking up for the FIRST IRISH TEAM 1875. Pay a trip to Edinburgh, beautiful place, get a big welcome and go along to see the Hibees at Easter Road. Great little ground with a great atmosphere.

Acornvilla
07/12/2009, 10:32 PM
Great to hear you all mentioning my team Hibernian FC so much. What a change not all the usual Celtic this and Celtic that. But you forgot to mention our star player so far this season Liam Miller who is back to his very best! I was at Easter Road for the game against Killie recently and he was everywhere, pure class. I am a little bit disappointed with Patrick Cregg as he had a great season with Falkirk last year, but is struggling to get a game at present. Was actually a sub on Saturday and came on for the last few minutes. Graham Stack is injured at present but has also been superb. Anthony Stokes is trying hard and got a super goal at Ibrox and I was delighted again he got 2 on Saturday but he needs to score more often. Hopefully this will give him a confidence boost. Kurtis Byrne is a young lad and a natural goalscorer whose chance will come. He is highly thought of and was a key member of our double winning u-19 team last season. Things are looking up for the FIRST IRISH TEAM 1875. Pay a trip to Edinburgh, beautiful place, get a big welcome and go along to see the Hibees at Easter Road. Great little ground with a great atmosphere.
im thinking along the lines of ABC (anybody but celtic) it just really gets on my tits all the celtic loving that goes on in ireland i love an underdog so come on Hibs and Dundee Utd!! :D

and if it makes you feel any better i always try to manage hibs in football manager :)

Westernblue
07/12/2009, 10:55 PM
im thinking along the lines of ABC (anybody but celtic) it just really gets on my tits all the celtic loving that goes on in ireland i love an underdog so come on Hibs and Dundee Utd!! :D

and if it makes you feel any better i always try to manage hibs in football manager :)
Fair play. Keep it up and if Yogi ever gets the boot I will get you an application form!
Must say I have a soft spot for Dundee United as well. While a lot of my mates over were hoping they would drop points last week I was hoping they wouldnt as it is great that both clubs are staying with the OF.
They also have a game in hand at home to Rangers and I fancy them to get at least a point from that which would be great. Hope to see Hibs signing 1 0r 2 in January, thats if they are still up with the OF still. Money is still scarse though, although we are financially one of the best run in the SPL.

Acornvilla
07/12/2009, 10:59 PM
Fair play. Keep it up and if Yogi ever gets the boot I will get you an application form!
Must say I have a soft spot for Dundee United as well. While a lot of my mates over were hoping they would drop points last week I was hoping they wouldnt as it is great that both clubs are staying with the OF.
They also have a game in hand at home to Rangers and I fancy them to get at least a point from that which would be great. Hope to see Hibs signing 1 0r 2 in January, thats if they are still up with the OF still. Money is still scarse though, although we are financially one of the best run in the SPL.
the OF have much less money than they used too i can see the gap beginning to close fingers crossed :)
Come on sean dillon :D

Westernblue
08/12/2009, 4:12 PM
the OF have much less money than they used too i can see the gap beginning to close fingers crossed :)
Come on sean dillon :D
Yeah, forgot Sean Dillon was one of yours. Fine player and will only get better under Craig Levein who is probably the best manager in the SPL even if he is an ex Jambo bas....
Graham Gartland is flying as well with St.Johnstone who also had Kenny Browne and Graham Cummins from Waterford over for a week on trial. Both impressed in a bounce game behind closed doors.
What are the plans for Longford next season?
Is Gareth Cronin still with you?

Acornvilla
08/12/2009, 5:43 PM
Yeah, forgot Sean Dillon was one of yours. Fine player and will only get better under Craig Levein who is probably the best manager in the SPL even if he is an ex Jambo bas....
Graham Gartland is flying as well with St.Johnstone who also had Kenny Browne and Graham Cummins from Waterford over for a week on trial. Both impressed in a bounce game behind closed doors.
What are the plans for Longford next season?
Is Gareth Cronin still with you?
I taught sean everything he knows! :D

he (cronin) is keeping his cards close to his chest at the moment but if i had to gues i think he will stay as long as he is given the funds to replace half the squad. we have a whole lot of deat wood. some very good young players brina mc carthy and tom king especially. hope we can hang on to them..

Westernblue
08/12/2009, 6:33 PM
I taught sean everything he knows! :D

he (cronin) is keeping his cards close to his chest at the moment but if i had to gues i think he will stay as long as he is given the funds to replace half the squad. we have a whole lot of deat wood. some very good young players brina mc carthy and tom king especially. hope we can hang on to them..
Lets hope a few bob is available so that you can climb the table and challenge for promotion again. Great sucess in the past, especially in the Cup :mad:. Cronin is a decent bloke and will give it his best shot.