PDA

View Full Version : Mark Rooney

pineapple stu
08/03/2004, 12:54 PM
Rooney scored his second pre-season goal in two games for Dwogheda in their 1-0 win over Athlone. That's twice as many goals as he scored for us in 25 league games! Disturbing or what?!

UCD_4_Life
08/03/2004, 4:05 PM
I heard he played brilliantly against Galway too. Gav Whelan played but Donkey Donnelly is injured.

First Fitzpatrick and now this...what's the world coming to?

WindmillWarrior
08/03/2004, 4:21 PM
Originally posted by pineapple stu
Rooney scored his second pre-season goal in two games for Dwogheda in their 1-0 win over Athlone. That's twice as many goals as he scored for us in 25 league games! Disturbing or what?!

Well lads, great isn't it :D
Well, you'll have a chance to see all your old friends in action this wednesday in the friendly, a chance for a good old foam at the mouth as well no doubt!

pineapple stu
08/03/2004, 7:53 PM
Originally posted by WindmillWarrior
A chance for a good old foam at the mouth as well no doubt!

Still not worried about youz taking Rooney from us! One goal in 25 games says it all about how well he played for us really! Donnelly and Doolin weren't much better for us either!

But yeah, youz half half a team of Judases now, when you count in Lynch and Myler. Strange world!

pineapple stu
06/04/2004, 12:40 PM
Well lads, great isn't it :D

Three games in, some dodgy Rooney "finishing", no goals for him and no points for the Doolin-managed team - back on familiar ground anyway! :D

John83
11/04/2004, 1:45 PM
He's got one now. :( Still wouldn't bet on him getting more than half a dozen in the season, and that's being generous. I don't think he'd be starting for us now had he stayed.

Aberdonian Stu
11/04/2004, 4:18 PM
On a completely separate matter it was good to see Pat Burke jr get a run. Didn't do much but given his injury worries the least Pete Mahon could do was give him a number other than 13. Now before John starts going on about my superstitions I'm simply pointing out that an injury-prone player wearing number 13 is likely to get abuse so on that point might I give out to the rest of the UCD fans for being nowhere near abusive enough.

pineapple stu
11/04/2004, 6:44 PM
Rooney's goal was a rebound from a penalty (missed by Myler, surprise!) Read the match report in the Examiner and it mentioned one occasion where he "volleyed wildly over when it looked easier to score", and a couple of other bad misses too. Would take Doyle, Martin, Burke, Purcell and Podgo ahead of him (haven't seen enough of Colfer)!

Schumi
11/04/2004, 8:31 PM
Would take Doyle, Martin, Burke, Purcell and Podgo ahead of him (haven't seen enough of Colfer)! And Ken Kilmurray and...