PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle/Padraig Amond

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin L
03/12/2009, 10:27 AM
Just to let everybody know that we have signed Eoin and Padraig for next year.

d rovers
03/12/2009, 10:32 AM
good stuff, 2 welcome additions.

CarrickFan
03/12/2009, 10:34 AM
can you let us know the latest on Raf,Bocu and Peers please?

d rovers
03/12/2009, 12:32 PM
glad that we have managed to hold onto doyle & hopefully amond will get amongst the goals once he moves west. with all the talk of players leaving it is good to see doyle staying on & a new striker coming in. don't know too much about amond bar this from wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A1draig_Amond

Real Rover
03/12/2009, 12:44 PM
Good player. I've heard Charlton were even interested in him. Obviously took the more high profile option! :)

CarrickFan
03/12/2009, 12:57 PM
So Meehan, Cooke and Bocu. Its not rocket science spelling their names right and its disrespectfull

sorry second time ive done it!!...im sure he wont take it as a personal attack or a slur on his character..it was an accident...i think somebody has too much time on his hands:):)

dong
03/12/2009, 1:46 PM
can you let us know the latest on Raf,Bocu and Peers please?

Yeah, and what about Tarner? ;)
Seriously though, is Turner a Sligo Rovers player now or not Kevin?

CarrickFan
03/12/2009, 1:58 PM

You better edit that before A.Dolan gets you!!:)

sligofan4ever
03/12/2009, 4:12 PM
Thats great news.

So far for the 2010 season:
Conor O' Grady
Matthew Blinkhorn
Padraig Amond
Eoin Doyle
Chris Turner (?)

Anyone else to be added ?

Boo_Boy
03/12/2009, 4:16 PM
Thats great news.

So far for the 2010 season:
Conor O' Grady
Matthew Blinkhorn
Padraig Amond
Eoin Doyle
Chris Turner (?)

Anyone else to be added ?

I hope so, can't play with 5 players ;).

RoversInn
03/12/2009, 9:01 PM
If Amond can find his scoring touch, would be a good signing.

CF1989
03/12/2009, 11:58 PM
former irish u21international, picked up an injury i think and didnt really get back in the shams team last season. very good signing

bingoballs
04/12/2009, 6:16 AM
I read on a different thread that there is rumours that Connors is interested in the Cork job. Does this mean if he gets it Turner will be gone to Cork?

Kevin L
04/12/2009, 10:17 AM
Raf and Peers have been made offers by the club.

Turner is a Sligo Rovers player.

We have also made offers to a number of other members of last years panel and hope to be able to announce some more signings before Christmas.

The Club have been contacted by a huge number of players looking to sign for us mainly due to the fact that the majority of League Of Ireland players are out of contract plus the fact that Sligo Rovers along with a small number of other clubs are seen as a safe bet to get their wages paid without any hassle.

It is common knowledge that our budget will be reduced from last year and in turn we are offering senisible contracts that will keep us within that budget.
The days of mad/stupid contracts are gone.

Only1Rovers
04/12/2009, 10:19 AM
I read on a different thread that there is rumours that Connors is interested in the Cork job. Does this mean if he gets it Turner will be gone to Cork?

I'd say Sean Connor is interested in a lot of jobs....

Rovers1
04/12/2009, 10:24 AM
I'd say Sean Connor is interested in a lot of jobs....

Sligoman will be proud!:)

red_away
04/12/2009, 11:29 AM
Amond has won the Carlow Sportsperson of the Year Award (Soccer): 2006,2009

TWICE!!!

RoversInn
04/12/2009, 2:29 PM
Amond has won the Carlow Sportsperson of the Year Award (Soccer): 2006,2009

TWICE!!!

Good thing we snapped him up quickly or Read Madrid might have came in.

SligoBrewer
04/12/2009, 3:16 PM
The days of mad/stupid contracts are gone.

**** it. No matter how much money Peers is on it's not stupid money or a stupid contract. The guy is the heart of that team, and anyone who says different very foolish.

While I agree that we need to keep the budget down Peers is a player that has saved us so many times, and letting him go would be idiotic. He's worth it.

Peers>Turner>Raf.

Kevin L
04/12/2009, 5:38 PM
Brewer,

When I was talking about mad/stupid contracts, I was talking in general terms right accross the league.
Strikers playing for Cork were on a bonus of between 300 and 500 euro per goal scored on top of their wages plus you had their keeper on the same type of bonus for keeping a clean sheet.

I would love to sign Raf and Peers but we have a budget to stick to.

Either that me and you will end up playing and I dont know about you but I couldn't kick snow off a rope!!

Anyway, it's not over until the fat lady sings!!

avvenalaf
04/12/2009, 5:44 PM
Brewer,

When I was talking about mad/stupid contracts, I was talking in general terms right accross the league.
Strikers playing for Cork were on a bonus of between 300 and 500 euro per goal scored on top of their wages plus you had their keeper on the same type of bonus for keeping a clean sheet.

I would love to sign Raf and Peers but we have a budget to stick to.

Either that me and you will end up playing and I dont know about you but I couldn't kick snow off a rope!!

Anyway, it's not over until the fat lady sings!!

Ah, for fecks sake, don't say we're signing Pat Dolan. A.Dolan is bad enough.

srfc1928
04/12/2009, 5:56 PM
He scored the goal the most people taught would win the league for Shams. Came off the bench v Bohs in Tallaght with about a month to go in the season
That was a long game.

Bravo
04/12/2009, 8:34 PM
Heard from a good source that Raf is keen to stay, if rovers offer a reasonable contract he's going nowhere, Dublin dosent suit his circumstances and would cost him €'s on travel etc. I'm sure he'd love the chance to win the league though & good luck to him either way.

Rovers1
04/12/2009, 8:42 PM
Heard from a good source that Raf is keen to stay, if rovers offer a reasonable contract he's going nowhere, .

Depends what Rovers version of reasonable and Rafs' version is.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
05/12/2009, 12:46 AM
Heard from a good source that Raf is keen to stay, if rovers offer a reasonable contract he's going nowhere, Dublin dosent suit his circumstances and would cost him €'s on travel etc. I'm sure he'd love the chance to win the league though & good luck to him either way.

Money to travel? For gods sake no matter what I'm pretty sure Bohs or Shams would give him travelling expenses

I must say I'm very happy to hear what Kevin said about us keeping within the budget rather then losing the run of ourselves

Guts&Glory
05/12/2009, 1:18 AM
Money to travel? For gods sake no matter what I'm pretty sure Bohs or Shams would give him travelling expenses

I must say I'm very happy to hear what Kevin said about us keeping within the budget rather then losing the run of ourselves

He is hardly going to commute from Sligo to training and matches every day.

Bohs and Shams wouldn't accept that.

No matter what the Club comes first.

If his wage demands dont fit into the budget I dont want to run up a debt for the sake of keeping one or two one or two players.

When they retire or leave we will still be the ones going to the Showgies for years to come.

Shedzer
05/12/2009, 10:46 PM
Whats the story with Keane an Brush?

Iv heard they were both offered bad deals...not by them themselves.

If we lose them pair over a few hundred euro we can kiss goodbye to the whole core of the club...Rumour has it the people that give them the offers are acting up, ALOT

Kevin L
06/12/2009, 9:57 PM
Shedzer,

Keane and Brushie have been made offers.

Everybody's budget including our own has been reduced.
This year we will have no money from Europe or Seamus Coleman.
If our budget is reduced, then as a knock on effect, players wages will be reduced not increased.
Have a look around, the majority of people I know have taken pay cuts, are on a 3 day week or have even lost their job.
Approx 450 jobs have gone in Sligo town in the last few weeks.
Let's put things into perspective here.

I could also turn around and say that if we had won the cup our budget wouldn't have been cut as much or at all. Maybe if Seamus Coleman was a twin, we could have got double the money from Everton.

If,If,If - the bottom line is our budget is agreed and we have to keep within it. Everybody has their favourite players and we are all managers who think we know best but if we were to pay everybodys favourite player what they wanted, we might manage 1 or 2 weeks wages and end up with no club.
Then you could turn around and say the the lads are not doing a good job but at the minute I think they are.

CF1989
06/12/2009, 10:06 PM
bottom line is keep things in order financially and i think the club are doing that at the moment. morrison, camano, r.turner, probably raff, boco and cash all gone, say about 2500+ from last seasons weekly wage bill gone, we need to spend that well now

Shedzer
07/12/2009, 1:07 AM
Shedzer,

Keane and Brushie have been made offers.

Everybody's budget including our own has been reduced.
This year we will have no money from Europe or Seamus Coleman.
If our budget is reduced, then as a knock on effect, players wages will be reduced not increased.
Have a look around, the majority of people I know have taken pay cuts, are on a 3 day week or have even lost their job.
Approx 450 jobs have gone in Sligo town in the last few weeks.
Let's put things into perspective here.

I could also turn around and say that if we had won the cup our budget wouldn't have been cut as much or at all. Maybe if Seamus Coleman was a twin, we could have got double the money from Everton.

If,If,If - the bottom line is our budget is agreed and we have to keep within it. Everybody has their favourite players and we are all managers who think we know best but if we were to pay everybodys favourite player what they wanted, we might manage 1 or 2 weeks wages and end up with no club.
Then you could turn around and say the the lads are not doing a good job but at the minute I think they are.
I have no great interest in the situation in Sligo, if we cant afford to give our best players a contract that is on par with their prior contract then it is worthless.

Keane and Brush were not on high wages as is, you know that right?
We have cut speding already, by losing an estimate of 6-7 players.

(Morrison, Camanho, Boco, Raf, Rafter, Kendrick, R.Turner )
That is a cut of €4000 roughly already.. Bottom line, including signing Turner and Almond, we can afford to keep the two mentioned players...core players to any success we have had.

Dont talk about favorite players here, talk about common sense. Neither Keane nor Brush are my favourite players.

Why bring in Almond on a 2 year contract when you cannot sign a player like say Keane, who is already at the club (priority no?) and performed brilliant as the season went on. He would get a contract on merit.

Where are the priorities?

Guts&Glory
07/12/2009, 1:14 AM
Why bring in Almond on a 2 year contract when you cannot sign a player like say Keane, who is already at the club (priority no?) and performed brilliant as the season went on. He would get a contract on merit.

Where are the priorities?[/QUOTE]

Probably a question for Cookie that one.

Shedzer
07/12/2009, 1:20 AM
Probably a question for Cookie that one.
The maths are not adding up though and the logic even less so.

Unless Cook doesnt want the players at the club (possible but unlikely), i would have though it was a given to sign up already known and fairly good players as first priority?

Maybe there is some masterplan behin this, but i am a sceptic as of yet.

I didnt know 2 year contracts where still 'feasible' given the current economic climate.

SligoBrewer
07/12/2009, 1:32 AM
I didnt know 2 year contracts where still 'feasible' given the current economic climate.

Depends on the player. A 200 year contract for Gavin Peers seems very feasible even in the current economic climate.

And btw, it's Amond.

Shedzer
07/12/2009, 1:35 AM
And btw, it's Amond.
I just heard he was a bit of a nut :)

Id sign Peers at all possible costs but id still sign up the tried and trusted Keane and Brush too asap.

SligoBrewer
07/12/2009, 1:40 AM
I just heard he was a bit of a nut :)

Id sign Peers at all possible costs but id still sign up the tried and trusted Keane and Brush too asap.

As would I, but I don't know the full extent of the situation so I won't go blaming club/players for once.

CF1989
07/12/2009, 1:53 AM

Where are the priorities?

thats a silly comment to make.

keane was offered a contract. pointless post

Shedzer
07/12/2009, 2:07 AM
thats a silly comment to make.

keane was offered a contract. pointless post
If the contract was such that the player would be as well of on the dole per se, how can he accept it?

Do you know what Keane was offered?

NO.

Get back in your box so.

Fivesilver
07/12/2009, 7:31 AM
I reckon a spine of Murray, Turner and Amond would be the foundation of a serious team. Excellent news if we've secured all three and are within budget.

unclekev
07/12/2009, 8:52 AM
I know for fact that Gavin Peers is a Sligo player for next season. Signed yesterday. Have it on very good authority.

sligofan4ever
07/12/2009, 9:54 AM
I know for fact that Gavin Peers is a Sligo player for next season. Signed yesterday. Have it on very good authority.

You just read it here, didn't you
http://www.sligorovers.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=855:ventre-and-peers-extend-deals&catid=13:news&Itemid=246

unclekev
07/12/2009, 9:58 AM
Ya. Absolutely.

dong
07/12/2009, 4:35 PM
Still can't understand this mentality of some fans, even after the sagas at Cork, Derry and even ourselves not so long ago.

The club I'm sure, are doing the best they can to sign players and keep exsisting ones. As you said Shedzer, "in these economic times", two year contracts aren't feasible. Nor is living outside our means.

Is Turner not on a two year contract?

MMVIII
07/12/2009, 4:42 PM
Is Turner not on a two year contract?

Can understand why people would take me up wrong. Don't heed what I said, will try again later.

For the record, I'm disagreeing with what Shedzers saying, although it doesn't seem that way.

CF1989
07/12/2009, 5:29 PM

why's he playing gah? massive loss for us.

CF1989
07/12/2009, 5:32 PM
If the contract was such that the player would be as well of on the dole per se, how can he accept it?

Do you know what Keane was offered?

NO.

Get back in your box so.

and neither do you

he could have been offered a good chunk of money just being greedy not accepting it

Shedzer
10/12/2009, 6:59 PM
and neither do you

Maybe i do

Knappagh Red
10/12/2009, 9:58 PM
why's he playing gah? massive loss for us.

So that's why the Rovers shop is selling Shligo mugs

Well Red
12/12/2009, 9:09 AM
“The aim now is to go to Sligo and score goals. That’s what I’m good at and hopefully I’ll hit the ground running, starting with the Setanta Cup in February. I want to be top scorer for Sligo next season and help them finish high up the league and maybe get into Europe or win one of the Cups.”

Hope Padraig lives up to his ambitions and maybe we have found a good replacement for the guy supposed to be going in the opposite direction. Good luck to Padraig and I am sure the Rovers supporters will give him a good welcome to Sligo

RoversInn
13/12/2009, 9:40 PM
Aslong as Blinky does the donkey work I can see him scoring goals.

rovers100%
14/12/2009, 5:58 PM
feel sorry for blinky he is a real workhorse and does not get enough credit as does not take the limelight by scoring goals. i wonder how long will he stay playing that role, as not every strike is up for it. they all love scoring in fairness and his role does not allow him many chances. he is the perfect partner for any striker.